Anybody experianced fly/cruise package from uk?

Hi all

I am booked on FOS 24th Oct and im just wondering if anybody from the uk have recently done the package holiday. I know my flight details and the hotel that RCI have given us for the pre-night stay, the information im after is..What time are you transfered from hotel to port and on the return are we transfered straight back to the airport or have use of a hotel before the flight.

Thanks

Hi all

I am booked on FOS 24th Oct and im just wondering if anybody from the uk have recently done the package holiday. I know my flight details and the hotel that RCI have given us for the pre-night stay, the information im after is..What time are you transfered from hotel to port and on the return are we transfered straight back to the airport or have use of a hotel before the flight.

Thanks

Would love to be able to help but unfortunately we book our cruise and flight seperately.

I would imagine they will transfer you to ship about mid morning. As for giving you use of that hotel again on day of departure, I very much doubt it so I imagine you will be taken straight to airport.

Did a package from LHR - MIA last year.

We flew in the day before.

They wanted to pick us up around 1pm to join the cruise and then we would have gone to other hotels to pick up others. We opted to take a cab and arrive at the port for 11am.

On the last day we were offered a day room at the same hotel. We caught their shuttle at the pier and then left our cases in the room and spent the day in Miami. This will depend on how late your return flight is.

Hi all

Thanks

They picked us up at 12 noon and took our cases from the hotel for us to the ship and we never had to bother with them again, they just turned up in our room. We went from ship to the airport on return.

It went really smooth.

The only thing we had to change was the flights going out because they wanted us to change in Amsterdam and there would have been a 2 hr wait there so we asked for a flight right through which they arranged with a small extra cost.

We've just done LHR to MIA (for a cruise on Indy out of Fort Lauderdale). We were taken from our hotel (Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, which was lovely) to the port by coach at around 11.00/11.30 and were on board by about 12 noon.

Coming back, we opted for an excursion to kill some time, which I think was called 'Fort Lauderdale by Land and Sea'. We were off the ship at 8.15am and our luggage stayed on the same coach until we got taken to MIA airport for about 2pm for a flight leaving at 5.30pm.

It worked out really well.

What time are you transfered from hotel to port and on the return are we transfered straight back to the airport or have use of a hotel before the flight.

Thanks

Your hotel will probably be the Crowne Plaza at MCO - they'll pick you up around 10;30 as it is an hour down to the port.

I do not think they offer any day rooms at MCO on the return so it is a long boring wait at the airport. You will be off the ship by 9am.

There are shore excursions to the space centre that will drop you off at the airport, which kills time, or you can organise a one-way hire car from the port which gives you the freedom to do what you want on that last day.

Alternative is to take a big book and wait.

Thanks for all your replys. I usualy book the flights and cruise seperate but im not brave enough to drive on the American roads :eek: so thought it would be easier to do the package with sailing from Orlando and actualy it came out a hell of alot cheaper!!! But now my friend from Virginia is joining us :D so we were considering to hire a car or still go with the transfers but I like to get to the ship earlier thats why I wondered what time they took you. My flight back is quite early this time 1530 so we couldnt do the cruise excursion to KSC, so might just have to hire a car and get abit of shopping in lol.

Yes im staying at Crowne Plaza MCO, it looks nice so lets hope...

Thanks for all your replys. I usualy book the flights and cruise seperate but im not brave enough to drive on the American roads :eek: so thought it would be easier to do the package with sailing from Orlando and actualy it came out a hell of alot cheaper!!! But now my friend from Virginia is joining us :D so we were considering to hire a car or still go with the transfers but I like to get to the ship earlier thats why I wondered what time they took you. My flight back is quite early this time 1530 so we couldnt do the cruise excursion to KSC, so might just have to hire a car and get abit of shopping in lol.

Honestly, the roads are easier to drive than UK ones, no roundabouts and wide lanes, wish our roads were like that. They just drive on the wrong side of the road. :D

That do have day rooms at the Hyatt at MCO, right in the terminal building

Archived