White Noise Machine ???

catne

I just call Carnival. White noise machines are NOT allowed. I argued the point with them and the fact that it is not clearly stated, the woman checked and came back and said "it is not allowed" BUT I am not sure she understood what it really was.

I use the Marpac machines and they now have the travel version which is the same and you can buy a battery pack for it that with 6AA batteries, it lasts for 40 hours on continuously. I listened to the sounds online and it sounds the same as the plug in version.

I am definitely going to get one. It comes with a plug. I will take the plug out and pack it separately (in my camcorder bag) and pack the battery pack with it so if they ask, I take out the battery pack and say, it is battery operated. They cannot confiscate that.

I have a question.

Why would a BATTERY operated fan be taken? They wouldn't have a reason in the world to not allow them.

I would simply take my battery operated fan and leave it at that.

As others have said the tv makes white noise too.

Maybe because of people needing all of these "appliances" is why Carnival is cracking down???

At what point in one's life does one turn the fan on to sleep? :confused:

Age 42, DH developed restless leg syndrome. With it or white noise machine, he is able to sleep a little longer at a time and I am able to sleep better by not hearing him get up every hour!! It really is a miserable disease. I think that only people who have sleep disorders can truly understand the suffering that they go through. Doesn't mean that they can't enjoy a vacation, just need to be able to bring their meds and treatments with them. Please have some compassion.

Age 42, DH developed restless leg syndrome.

This does suck. I get it from time to time (thankfully, not for more than a couple of days). Makes trying to sleep on the train a real trial. Had an attack of it one day and ended up with black and blue shins from the seat in front of me.

Age 42, DH developed restless leg syndrome. With it or white noise machine, he is able to sleep a little longer at a time and I am able to sleep better by not hearing him get up every hour!! It really is a miserable disease. I think that only people who have sleep disorders can truly understand the suffering that they go through. Doesn't mean that they can't enjoy a vacation, just need to be able to bring their meds and treatments with them. Please have some compassion.

You would QUICKLY find me sleeping in another room.

OK, there's a thread going about a fan getting confiscated. And I sleep with a fan (have for years, can't sleep without the noise.I've tried using ear plugs...doesn't work. I need the noise!:p) I have a battery-operated fan, but that could get confiscated, too. So figure I better find me an alternative because sleepless on the ship will not make me a happy sailor!

I've looked at several different white noise machines and the big problem with all of them is they all seem to max out at 60 minutes, then turn off. That will wake me up!

So does anyone know of a white noise machine, preferably with a battery option, that does not automatically shut off?

Sure. Simply unplug your cable jack from the television in your cabin and turn up the volume....that's white noise and it will never end. I'm being serious.

OK, there's a thread going about a fan getting confiscated. And I sleep with a fan (have for years, can't sleep without the noise.I've tried using ear plugs...doesn't work. I need the noise!:p) I have a battery-operated fan, but that could get confiscated, too. So figure I better find me an alternative because sleepless on the ship will not make me a happy sailor!

I've looked at several different white noise machines and the big problem with all of them is they all seem to max out at 60 minutes, then turn off. That will wake me up!

So does anyone know of a white noise machine, preferably with a battery option, that does not automatically shut off?

I use one I bought at Brookstone and it has a headphone jack too. :) I can't sleep with my snoring husband without it! It does have a battery option and will stay on continuously. I've packed and used it on every cruise. In fact, last time we cruised with Carnival, I left it behind at the hotel and had to make a mad dash to get it back. The purser had to go outside the ship to collect it from a hotel worker who generously offered to drive it over to the port for us. It was too late for us to leave the ship. The point being, they knew exactly what it was and had no problem getting it for me and handing it over.

Archived