White Noise Machine ???

catne

OK, there's a thread going about a fan getting confiscated. And I sleep with a fan (have for years, can't sleep without the noise.I've tried using ear plugs...doesn't work. I need the noise!:p) I have a battery-operated fan, but that could get confiscated, too. So figure I better find me an alternative because sleepless on the ship will not make me a happy sailor!

I've looked at several different white noise machines and the big problem with all of them is they all seem to max out at 60 minutes, then turn off. That will wake me up!

So does anyone know of a white noise machine, preferably with a battery option, that does not automatically shut off?

OK, there's a thread going about a fan getting confiscated. And I sleep with a fan (have for years, can't sleep without the noise.I've tried using ear plugs...doesn't work. I need the noise!:p) I have a battery-operated fan, but that could get confiscated, too. So figure I better find me an alternative because sleepless on the ship will not make me a happy sailor!

I've looked at several different white noise machines and the big problem with all of them is they all seem to max out at 60 minutes, then turn off. That will wake me up!

So does anyone know of a white noise machine, preferably with a battery option, that does not automatically shut off?

If you're in a balcony, open the door a touch. There's plenty of natural white noise.....

Also - you can turn your TV on and put on real low so you cannot hear what is being said. If the light from it bothers you turn the brightnes right down. That is only if you can't take your fan on

Go to WalMart, back in the pharmacy area, and pick up a Conair Sound Therapy machine. It's about $12-14 and it runs until you turn it off. Has 10 different sounds that will put you to sleep! We have had ours for about 6 years and we take it where-ever we need it, including our last 6 cruises! Works great blocking out the noise outside your cabin door!

:cool:Bill

Wait a minute....they are confiscating FANS now?????

I'd never survive!

Their confiscating them, attaching rope to them and throwing them over the side to help thrust the ship. Cuts down on the fuel bill. Don't complain, you don't want them to start with the fuel surcharge again do you?

Go to WalMart, back in the pharmacy area, and pick up a Conair Sound Therapy machine. It's about $12-14 and it runs until you turn it off. Has 10 different sounds that will put you to sleep! We have had ours for about 6 years and we take it where-ever we need it, including our last 6 cruises! Works great blocking out the noise outside your cabin door!

:cool:Bill

Ditto to that. Exactly what we use for traveling and got it at WalMart. Can plug in or works off batteries. We always carry some spare batteries in case we're somewhere that it can't be plugged in.

I have the sleepmate noise machine; plugs in and doesn't shut off (sorry, doesn't use batteries).. Had it for YEARS and take it everywhere I go.. the white noise can be adjusted too.. Great investment.. trust me..

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=14e9db3&Nao=0&hdnOnGo=true&Ne=4+6+1031+8+18+904+949+833&Ntt=white+noise+machine&SearchString=white+noise+machine&N=4294959029&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults

this is the one we use for traveling- set it on continuous and it works great

Why are they confiscating fans? What cruise line? I MUST have one as it blocks my DH snoring. LOL:)

here's the thread going about the confiscated fans...also mentions that power strips were confiscated! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1187585

And yeah, that's snoring issue is one of the BIG reasons why I asked the question about white noise machines, lol...on the rare nights I actually could get to sleep without the noise, DH will wake me up with his freight-train-coming-through-roar, or, oops "snore".

I'll have to go back to Walmart -- I saw a white noise machine there for about $15 and even took it out of the box & read the directions but it sure looked to me like it had the stupid timer on it that maxed out at 60 min.:confused:

Also - you can turn your TV on and put on real low so you cannot hear what is being said. If the light from it bothers you turn the brightnes right down. That is only if you can't take your fan on

WE forgot our nite light so we set the TV to the camera from the Ship Bridge which wasn't that bright..I think there was music coming from that station but we had it down....

It was good to see if we were near port also when I woke up as I couldn't tell being in an aft cabin......

Not sure if it will answer your original question, just a thought for added light and maybe sound.

I have the Marpac 980A. I have to have a fan when I sleep also. I used this sound machine on my Glory cruise in March. It does not shut off and was great!

...Love it...save it just for traveling....

my whole family (including extended) are fan addicted !!!

I have a sound machine/clock combo...battery.

I got it at Radio Shack..... I think it was $15.00. I take it on every cruise.

Now the sound only lasts about 20 minutes...but usually by then .. I am sleep.

Archived