Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Did anyone else get the new Princess promo brochure that shows the Sun going from Seattle to Syndey next Sept 2007 (30 days) then coming back from Sydney to SF in April 2008 (31 days)?

I decided to read the last 10 pages of this thread as we are booked on the SUN 30 day sailing Seattle to Sydney for 2007.

We have a balcony and the kids have the inside directly opposite us.

We were on the Diamond in Alaska and watched the SUn sail into Juneau and it was exciting knowing it's our next cruise!!!

No, there is no seafood buffet on the Sun, but there are two wonderful seafood nights. The night before the last formal night is Alaskan King Crab night.....delicious. Followed by lobster the very next night!!
I'm sorry to hear that, Murphey :(. The description sounded great, however the crab night and lobster night sounds good as well. Any suggetions :confused: for Sailaway Dinner then (Dining Room, Verdi's, Horizon Buffet or Room Service on the balcony :rolleyes: )?

Is Verdi's also a pay rest on the SUN??

We are booked with personal choice, how many rest besides horizen court are there on the SUN??

What is the price of the Sanctuary in the spa for the 10 day cruise??

Cannot wait to experience the SUN, everyones raves about it, has the food in HC improved at all???:D :D

Is Verdi's also a pay rest on the SUN??

We are booked with personal choice, how many rest besides horizen court are there on the SUN??

What is the price of the Sanctuary in the spa for the 10 day cruise??

Cannot wait to experience the SUN, everyones raves about it, has the food in HC improved at all???:D :D

Verdi's is not an extra cost restaurant....and it is most enjoyable. In addition to it, and the Horizon Court, there is the main "any time" dining room with the same menu as the traditional dining room.

Verdi's is not an extra cost restaurant....and it is most enjoyable. In addition to it, and the Horizon Court, there is the main "any time" dining room with the same menu as the traditional dining room.

Thanks, we were spoilt on the Diamond with 4 different anytime restaurants besides the HC.

We really enjoy dinner in the dining rooms with our friends but there will be 4 adults this time and 4 kids and I'm sure they will want something more casual and kid friendly some nights.

Cruiserforlife: Gosh!!!! I never would have noticed!! I guess this is 1001! Do I get a prize or something??? :D

I'll try to answer recent questions......Verdi's is great. We go there almost everyday for lunch. There is an assortemnt of pizzas and focaccia bread (no sauce or cheese, wich we love) items. You can really just make your own.....you can have whatever combo you want, just tell your waiter.

Norcal123: I think the menu starts off slowly and improves each night. Prime Rib night 1, the first formal night (night 2) is filet, but both cruises I ordered the Mahi Mahi and I thought it was great....(btw, I love meat, but I thought the MM was a nice change).

We are having a Captain change in 2 days. There will be lots of staff/crew changes in the next couple of weeks. They try to get as many off for the holidays as possible...but not after 12/10, as it is harder to get flights for crew out. Lots of staff/crew are anxious to get home, but they are not acting worn out in the least, it's more of a "Oh, I get to go home, I'm so happy!!!").

Our dining staff has been incredible.....ran into a HW that we have known for years...he moved us into his section and has spoiled us rotten.

A bit cloudy and rainy today.....Antigua tomorrow.......

Cruiserforlife: Gosh!!!! I never would have noticed!! I guess this is 1001! Do I get a prize or something??? :D

Yes, you do! A Day In Antigua!!

Wonderful reports - - Keep them coming.

We are getting more and more enthused about the upcoming Sun Princess Cruise!! The food sounds wonderful.

Thanks - Enjoy your "Prize" tomorrow!

Hi again!!! Yes you were right, Antigua was a nice "prize":...we went to Prickly Pear Island...you can look them up on the internet......great day....today was "St. Lucy's"....tomorrow Grenada.......with tons of martini's inbetween ports!! :eek:

All is good....we got to change cabins....long story, but we were very impressed by the way Princess handled concerns of ours.....

I started reading this thread from the beginning, and was starting to really worry as my sister will be sailing this itinerary next weekend, and we are set to sail on the Sea on December 8. I thought the weather was terrible etc., and then I looked at the dates! I was reading about a sailing from ages ago.

Whew! :o

I'm sure your not the first one to do that!:D This thread has been running so long I can see where it's easy to do.

Hi again!!! Yes you were right, Antigua was a nice "prize":...we went to Prickly Pear Island...you can look them up on the internet......great day....today was "St. Lucy's"....tomorrow Grenada.......with tons of martini's inbetween ports!! :eek:

All is good....we got to change cabins....long story, but we were very impressed by the way Princess handled concerns of ours.....

Thanks for posting between the martini's!!:D

Keep us posted, and enjoy Grenada today!

And, like the rest of the curious group - we will be awaiting the rest of the long story upon your return. Strictly a need to know situation, of course!:;)

Some ships' bathroom outlets have the power connected to the bathroom light switch. Makes it difficult to keep a nightlight glowing when the light is out:p.

Murphy, or anyone else, does the power stay on to the bathroom outlet on the Sun, when the light is out? Thanks for checking. It will help me choose which nightlight to bring :rolleyes:. I hate getting lost on the way there in the dark :eek:.

Steve

Hi friends.....yes, I will tell all about our cabin change when we return and have more time...

Right now, I am totally shellshocked upon hearing the news about many of our's TA...Kim...just stumbled on the news, and I, for one am devastated....

Hi friends.....yes, I will tell all about our cabin change when we return and have more time...

Right now, I am totally shellshocked upon hearing the news about many of our's TA...Kim...just stumbled on the news, and I, for one am devastated....

What news about TA's?? - confused:

Anyone know what this is about?

Some ships' bathroom outlets have the power connected to the bathroom light switch. Makes it difficult to keep a nightlight glowing when the light is out:p.

Murphy, or anyone else, does the power stay on to the bathroom outlet on the Sun, when the light is out? Thanks for checking. It will help me choose which nightlight to bring :rolleyes:. I hate getting lost on the way there in the dark :eek:.

Steve

Good Question cause I will need to keep my toothbrush charged too and it doesn't help if there is no power when the lights are off!!!!:eek: :D

Just curious.

Have any of you Sun cruisers ever been booked on a cruise without any interest in the "Roll Call"?

Our 19 April Panama Canal cruise is almost booked fully, according to a couple of folks whom I have spoken with at Princess, but of course, I can't get any further info regarding "Who" is booked. Other than us, there have been two responders on the Roll Call, but they have not posted for months now.

My (selfish) concern is that this ship may be booked with a group, and that no one is revealing this info.

I know, this is paranoid, but it sure does seem that some of the "Full" ship crowd should be here on Cruise Critic. I know that not everyone knows of CC, but this seems strange to me.;)

Any of you have strings to pull to find out about the bookings on this ship, or words of encouragement for us?

We want to enjoy this cruise (17 nights:eek:)) and hopefully not aboard with a group whom we cannot communicate with, nor have anything in common with. We could switch to the Coral later in the month of April, but are truly wanting to experience the Sun.

Any info or advice would be appreciated greatly.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/11/20/health/main530128.shtml

An outbreak of viral infections similar to those that hit cruise ships in the Caribbean and Alaska cut short a Hawaiian cruise Tuesday after nearly 300 passengers and crew members became sick.

How terrible - Hopefully, they all are well now, and the source of the problem has been taken care of.

Sun Cruisers will soon be posting of their experiences for all of us who are interested, I am sure.

Good luck to each of you!

Archived