Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Well it is the first sea day and all is well onboard the Sun. The weather hasn't cooperated as it was overcast with no sun yesterday when we boarded and more of the same today. Embarcation was a breeze as we dgot to the port at about 11:00am and were at the noon buffet at 12:15.

The inside cabin must have shrunk since we were on the ship in January. Boy does it seem small although we had plenty of room to store everything.

Got to hit some golf balls in the golf simulator and set up a golf excursion at Mohogany Run. Looking forward to that

The show was pretty good as the singer is a dead ringer for Tom Jones and sang many of his songs as well as other 60's hits. Look forward to his main show later in the week.

To the person who asked if the elec outlets work when the light are out... the answer is yes.

Food in the buffet was good and breakfast was great. Will dine tonight and let you know how that is.

Well got to go. Formal night and captains party becons

Just curious.

Have any of you Sun cruisers ever been booked on a cruise without any interest in the "Roll Call"?

Our 19 April Panama Canal cruise is almost booked fully, according to a couple of folks whom I have spoken with at Princess, but of course, I can't get any further info regarding "Who" is booked. Other than us, there have been two responders on the Roll Call, but they have not posted for months now.

My (selfish) concern is that this ship may be booked with a group, and that no one is revealing this info.

I know, this is paranoid, but it sure does seem that some of the "Full" ship crowd should be here on Cruise Critic. I know that not everyone knows of CC, but this seems strange to me.;)

Any of you have strings to pull to find out about the bookings on this ship, or words of encouragement for us?

We want to enjoy this cruise (17 nights:eek:)) and hopefully not aboard with a group whom we cannot communicate with, nor have anything in common with. We could switch to the Coral later in the month of April, but are truly wanting to experience the Sun.

Any info or advice would be appreciated greatly.

I'm sure there will be plenty of pax that are not part of a group, some people may post closer to the time too, after the holidays.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/11/20/health/main530128.shtml

An outbreak of viral infections similar to those that hit cruise ships in the Caribbean and Alaska cut short a Hawaiian cruise Tuesday after nearly 300 passengers and crew members became sick.

It was on the Diamond during our B2B in September but luckily non of our party got sick but we saw them with there red bads and masks etc!!!

Well it is the first sea day and all is well onboard the Sun. The weather hasn't cooperated as it was overcast with no sun yesterday when we boarded and more of the same today. Embarcation was a breeze as we dgot to the port at about 11:00am and were at the noon buffet at 12:15.

The inside cabin must have shrunk since we were on the ship in January. Boy does it seem small although we had plenty of room to store everything.

Got to hit some golf balls in the golf simulator and set up a golf excursion at Mohogany Run. Looking forward to that

The show was pretty good as the singer is a dead ringer for Tom Jones and sang many of his songs as well as other 60's hits. Look forward to his main show later in the week.

To the person who asked if the elec outlets work when the light are out... the answer is yes.

Food in the buffet was good and breakfast was great. Will dine tonight and let you know how that is.

Well got to go. Formal night and captains party becons

Thanks for looking after her for all of us, hope the weather improves for you.

Thanks for letting us know anout the bathroom outlet, now we can take our electric toothbrushes:D

Have a great time!!!

Just off the Sun yesterday, wow, a nice cruise! Weather was perfect and the food was great! Thanks for tips from this group! :)

A few pics...

Your photos are great! The lighting in them is beautiful, especially the Antigua Sunrise. My sister and brother-and-law are on the ship right now (Nov. 20-30 sailing), so I really hope the weather starts to cooperate soon!

Have a great trip everyone!

Bloemerl,

Thanks for the update...."may your seas be calm and your drinks tall and cool"!:D

Please tell me more about the golf simulator..I am interested.Cost?

Psee,

Great pictures,thanks for posting them.I love the lighting on all of them,especially "first day at sea"...looks like it could be a postcard.;)

Great job,

CFL

itdjbw:

Thanks for the encouragement - We are really looking forward to this cruise. Our first one - 7 days - was much too short, so perhaps this one will almost seem too long!;)

Psee:

Great pictures. Isn't is wonderful to see all of those shiny clean surfaces - The ship looks like new!

Bloemerl:

Thanks for the Update - Keep All Of Us Informed! Glad you are having such a great time. (Sorry that the cabin shrunk!:eek:)

Thanks for the nice comments on the photos.

We really enjoyed the Sun and hope to book it again for an Alaska cruise soon. :)

PescadoAmarillo: I upload all of my photos to my personal web site and link to them from the forums so there's no limitation on the resolution or file size.

A few more...

Fort Lauderdale Sailaway

Sunrise off the Port

RainBow

Antigua Sailaway

Just off the Sun yesterday, wow, a nice cruise! Weather was perfect and the food was great! Thanks for tips from this group! :)

A few pics...

Horizon Court

Antigua Sunrise

First Day at Sea

Promenade Deck

Great pics, HMMM I cannot wait, tomorrow 10 months till we board!!!:D

We sail on her in 27 days - hopefully the weather is better! Really looking forward to cruising over Christmas.

We're in A334 - an inside, but hopefully not too bad!

Terry

We have done inside, oceanview and balcony and just book what we feel comfortable and depending what other vacations we have for the year and never had a problem with being on an inside - I also think I sleep better in the inside!!!

Just remember there are miles of deck and wonderful places to sit and when we have had balconies I force myself to sit there and then feel like I am missing out on people watching and hanging out on deck:D

Just enjoy your cruise!!!!

We really enjoyed the Sun and hope to book it again for an Alaska cruise soon. :)

PescadoAmarillo: I upload all of my photos to my personal web site and link to them from the forums so there's no limitation on the resolution or file size.

A few more...

Fort Lauderdale Sailaway

Sunrise off the Port

RainBow

Antigua Sailaway

Love the rainbow pic:)

Psee, your photos are just stunning. Are you an amateur photographer, or have you had some training? Your use of lighting is just gorgeous and when I look at the photos it is almost (almost !!) like being there. The photo over the deck of the rainbow is lovely, Princess should hire you as a photograher!!

Edited to add:

Is the pool shown in the photo "Antigua Sailaway" at the front of the ship for crew use?

The sun did come out yesterday and although cloudy and very windy, it was a great day to be onboard.

Saw the production show which featured many broadway hits and it was pretty good. Also saw Micky Finn and his wife, She is a world class banjo player and they put on quite a show. We also ate at the buffet and it was very good. We could see the sunset from the buffet.

Cruiserforlife.. Had a 15 min swing analysis in the golf simulator for $25 to see what the pro's were like . There is a young couple and they have just stated. This is their second cruise. Seem to be very knowlegeable and very nice. Had a good time and the found one serious flaw for me to work on. They also had a free golf lecture in the lounge. Will post prices later. I did sign up to play golf in St Thomas at Mahogany run for next Monday.

Well the sun is up and we will be going to Mambo beach. Just pulling into Caracau. more later.

We were in Cabin C744 this past January on the Sun. It is beautiful and we do have pictures. If you want to give me your email I will email you some pictures of the cabin. I felt that the cabin could use a little care hopefully in the dry dock that is coming up. Nothing huge but little things that were a little annoying and a little unsightly. We had cabin C747 on the Dawn which is the mini on the Starboard side in January 05 and we felt it was kept up a little better. It still is a wonderful cabin.

Hi, we are booked in C747 on the sun in 2007 and as this is most likely just a mirror of C744 wondered if you would mind emailing me the photos mentioned. If so please khicks1101@hotmail.com

Thank you

We will be on the Sun on December 10. I recently had a knee replacement. As it is very hard to get around, I wonder if there is a way I could contact the maitre d' to request a table near the door so as not to inconvenience anyone when dining. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Archived