Sovereign of Seas

jfhtn

Just returned from 4 day Nassau on the newly refurbished Sovereign. They have done a really nice job. Everything looked new. Food was just ok. The average age on this cruise must have been 70+. A lot of walkers and wheel chairs. Weather was a little iffy also. It was ok for a fairly inexpensive quick trip but at this time of year, obviously not for the younger set.

jfhtn

7th cruise since 92:cool:

So, do you think it was related to the time of year??? I am hoping for a little bit younger crowd in June (we are in mid 30s and have 2 tweens.)

Did you use any internet service?? I was reading something about wireless service on a ship review. Any more details?

Do you have a Compass and could you post it??

Thanks.

Maggie

My guess, it was the time of year, all of the kids across the country are in school now and parents are trying to payoff Christmas bills. The only people who have the time or money are the older folks. :)

Once spring breaks kick in, in March, the average age will drop drastically and of course during the summer there will be many parents travelling with their kids.

So good to hear about the Sovereign. I have sailed on her twice. Once when she was doing the seven days runs and once a couple of years ago when my wife and I booked a last minute 4 day cruise. I just love the layout of the ship.

I just got off SOS yesterday also and thought the cruise was great. It did have a lot of Seniors but the staff at the spa said that was not normal, they said lots of kids during summer, spring breaks, Christmas. Most cruises in January on all lines do not have a lot of kids cause they are in school.

I thought the food was very good. We've been on several Celebrity cruises and the food was not that good, but still it was well prepared and the service was great!

Entertainment was also very good! We thought they did a wonderful job on the renovation and we will definitely cruise on her again when we get a chance!

Weather was a little cool, but bright sunny skies and crystal clear nights with a full moon were still great! Can't ask for much more than that in mid-January!!!

Hey gabbiegirl we are cruising in feb2006 on the enchantment after the upgrade. Will be seeing a lot of seniors also.We are in our middle 40's to early 50's but young at heart. This is a group of people and our first cruise and we wanted to enjoy without a lot of kids. But still have some fun.

lojill-

Have never been on Enchantment but heard lots of good things about her! We are also early 50's and almost always cruise in early December or January. Yes, lots of seniors, but who cares, they like to have fun too and I only hope I'm as able as most of them when I'm 70, 80, 90!!!! There was a large group of the "Red Hat Ladies" on this cruise and 2 of them who had to be 80+ hung out in the Schooner bar and were more fun than many of the younger folk!

There is entertainment for all age groups on every cruise we've been on. I'm sure you'll have a good time!!

Have you ever been on a cruise or talk to someone who has been on in feb I wonder on the western that goes to ketwest, belize, cozumel the weather is fine. I have a lot riding on this cruise it will make a difference on if we cruise again or not 1st time cruisers 8 of us.

We stopped in Cozumel and Belize and the weather was perfect. Not overly hot and definelty not cold. This was the first time we had stopped in Belize and thought it was beautifull. I am even considering going back for a week.

I bet there were some travel groups from Florida on this cruise. Hopefully, a more younger set will be cruising 3/7-11 when my DD and her friends (20 -25)are cruising.

Oh dear! I am older than dirt and along with 9 other senile citizens, will be on that cruise!

Archived