Miami hotels

justbeme2001

Hello everyone.. My fiance (then husband yay!!) and I are cruising from Miami on Sept 20, 2010 on the Carnival Destiny. We are getting married on Sept 18, 2010 and are planning on flying to Miami on Sept 19th we would like to find a hotel that maybe offers a shuttle service from the airport and then to the port as well..... does anyone have any suggestions? This is my 3rd cruise with Carnival and my fiances 2nd cruise but we have never been to the port in Miami... any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks!!!!:)

We left from the Port of Miami last year, and stayed at Hilton Miami Downtown on Biscayne boulevard, about a 10 minute walk from Bayside marketplace / the miami port.

We booked through our travel agent who charged us through the nose for accomodation, but i found easy click travel who offer it at $100 p/n.

lovely hotel, and fantastic staff..

only off thing we found was that I left my hairbrush in Australia and I had ultra messy hair - they brought me a hair dryer & toothbrush hahaha.

I would reccomend that hotel anyday!!! :)

We enjoyed Destiny last year - hope you have a great honeymoon.

No downtown or Miami Beach hotels offer airport shuttle service. I would not let the offer of "free" port shuttle service entice me into staying at a hotel that does not meet my other desires.:mad:

If you are arriving late and just want a clean, safe hotel then look near the airport in the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suite, etc.). Free shuttle from the airport; shuttle to port of Miami (POM) will cost $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30.

If you want to stay on the beach and enjoy the nightlife and dining options, then head to Miami Beach - about a $30 cab ride from MIA.

You should be able to get a great deal on a downtown Miami hotel with your September dates; check the priceline sticky at the top of these boards and www.betterbidding.com for recent winning bids -- some recent winners got rooms at the Marriott Biscayne Blvd for under $60!:D A cab to downtown will cost about $25, and another $10-12 to get to POM the next morning.

Coconut Grove is another nice area I have not stayed in, but you may want to explore for options.

Congratulations and good luck!:)

We enjoyed Destiny last year - hope you have a great honeymoon.

No downtown or Miami Beach hotels offer airport shuttle service. I would not let the offer of "free" port shuttle service entice me into staying at a hotel that does not meet my other desires.:mad:

If you are arriving late and just want a clean, safe hotel then look near the airport in the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suite, etc.). Free shuttle from the airport; shuttle to port of Miami (POM) will cost $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30.

If you want to stay on the beach and enjoy the nightlife and dining options, then head to Miami Beach - about a $30 cab ride from MIA.

You should be able to get a great deal on a downtown Miami hotel with your September dates; check the priceline sticky at the top of these boards and www.betterbidding.com for recent winning bids -- some recent winners got rooms at the Marriott Biscayne Blvd for under $60!:D A cab to downtown will cost about $25, and another $10-12 to get to POM the next morning.

Coconut Grove is another nice area I have not stayed in, but you may want to explore for options.

Congratulations and good luck!:)

how far is this Marriott from bayside marketplace?

Hello everyone.. My fiance (then husband yay!!) and I are cruising from Miami on Sept 20, 2010 on the Carnival Destiny. We are getting married on Sept 18, 2010 and are planning on flying to Miami on Sept 19th we would like to find a hotel that maybe offers a shuttle service from the airport and then to the port as well..... does anyone have any suggestions? This is my 3rd cruise with Carnival and my fiances 2nd cruise but we have never been to the port in Miami... any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks!!!!:)

I agree with John on the shuttle thing. What a way to end up in a dismal hotel and then because of shuttle complications end up taking a cab anyway!

That said, I would bid on the highest level hotel you can find on hotwire or priceline.

It is off season and you can probably find a five star or resort hotel for the rack rate of a moderate hotel.

Miami has more luxury hotels than any other city except NYC.

Archived