Future Cruise Certificate booking on Carnival.com

CruisingBull

I have a future cruise certificate that I bought on my last cruise.

I am planning another Carnival cruise and think I might book online directly through the Carnival website.

How do I use the certificate?

Do I just pay the deposit online mail in the certificate and check back to see if the credit has been applied when I go online to pay the rest?

I can pay the entire amount today thats never a problem but want to use the certificate. What if I paid the whole amount today can I still use the FCC?:confused:

I would not pay the entire amount unless you need to, since they need to apply $100 toward your payment. Id wait until the $100 and the OBC posts and then if you want you can pay it off, though Id still not pay it off early, what if there is a price drop, do you not want to reduce what you owe, are you paying ES rate etc.

Yes, though, book and then mail it in certified as stated.

I would not pay the entire amount unless you need to, since they need to apply $100 toward your payment. Id wait until the $100 and the OBC posts and then if you want you can pay it off, though Id still not pay it off early, what if there is a price drop, do you not want to reduce what you owe, are you paying ES rate etc.

Yes, though, book and then mail it in certified as stated.

Great thanks for your help. You are always so friendly and active on the boards, even more so than some of the host. Maybe you should be one too!

Final payment is due in July so perhaps they will have it posted by then. :)

Let us know how this works out for you. I am hoping to be able to purchase some while on my next cruise and I would like to know the ins and outs before I do. Thanks! :)

It works out really well, we just bought some on the Splendor in Feb....sent them in about 5 weeks ago and had them applied about a week ago to our upcoming cruise. You can see the OBC when looking at your reservation under "Manage Bookings" -->Modify booking -->scroll to bottom of page to see your fare and payments. The OBC will show up and the bottom line left owing will be reduced by $100.

Thank you for the additional information.

I was going on an RCI cruise in the fall but changed my mind thanks to the folks over on that board. Now I am planning on booking Freedom tomorrow.

It sounds easy enough to do it online.

I will see how it works out and let everyone know.

Thank you. :)

Does anyone know if Future credit can be sent in another way? To send certificate in by registered mail I'm looking at dropping over 20$ which I think is excessive. I mean, you know the certificate number, just credit the booking....Anybody know if faxes or a scanned copy are acceptable?

Thanks!!

Does anyone know if Future credit can be sent in another way? To send certificate in by registered mail I'm looking at dropping over 20$ which I think is excessive. I mean, you know the certificate number, just credit the booking....Anybody know if faxes or a scanned copy are acceptable?

Thanks!!

I just sent one today, it for sure does not cost $20 to send certified, should be less than $5 in fact, no matter where in the U.S. you are.

they will not apply it until they have the original certificate in their hands. I booked today for a cruise leaving May 8th, so if they would take a scanned copy, I for sure would not have driven across town to get to a larger post office to make sure it went out today.

btw I reread what you wrote..it says send in certified mail... which means it will be signed for and you can see when it was signed for online. It does not say send registered...

Thanks!!

btw they made me pay in full and then when they receive the FCC they will credit back my credit card. I said I have heard people who paid all but $100 and overnighted them in, and she said they booked further out, this close you will have to pay in full and then be refunded. If I could have faxed the FCC in and booked that way... I sure would. Its a shame they dont computerize this, so they can just look up the cert # like RCL and Princess does over the phone.

I just sent one today, it for sure does not cost $20 to send certified, should be less than $5 in fact, no matter where in the U.S. you are.

they will not apply it until they have the original certificate in their hands. I booked today for a cruise leaving May 8th, so if they would take a scanned copy, I for sure would not have driven across town to get to a larger post office to make sure it went out today.

btw I reread what you wrote..it says send in certified mail... which means it will be signed for and you can see when it was signed for online. It does not say send registered...

My issue is that I am not sending from the US but from Canada....now it's considered an international certified document. Part of me is thinking that I will just send it when I go across the border. My cruise is in August but final payment is June 5th....I guess I can always wait another week or so and see if I feel the need to get some shopping done :)

Thanks for the info on how much it cost you.

Fire,

Just FYI~ When I sailed on my Dream cruise in March, they applied the $100 that was suppose to go back to my credit card (because I had also paid in full) as an OBC. So, I ended up with $200.00 OBC from the certificate ---the original $100.00 as guaranteed by the certificate and then the $100.00 that would have normally been applied as part of the whole final payment thing. Since I had paid in full, they said it would be credited back to my credit card. Well, once the certificate arrived (I overnighted it) I received a call saying Carnival was going to give it to me as an OBC rather than back on my credit card because I was so close to my sailing date. I had about a week before sailing. Worked for me. :D

My issue is that I am not sending from the US but from Canada....now it's considered an international certified document. Part of me is thinking that I will just send it when I go across the border. My cruise is in August but final payment is June 5th....I guess I can always wait another week or so and see if I feel the need to get some shopping done :)

Thanks for the info on how much it cost you.

Sorry, that makes them even less of a good deal if you live out of the country.

I sometimes think on a 5 day cruise, where they are only applying $50, $25 pp, that its almost not worth fussing with. If postage was $20 I would probably really reconsider and only book on the ship where they can apply it right away.

bummer, sorry didnt see you were in Canada. I should have guessed what Qc was.

The number on my certificate says you can call 1-800-794-6225.

Mine says to call that number when you are ready to book, so I am not sure that is the number to call for the right department about the FCCs. I have a couple of other numbers, not sure which one to call for promo's. You might ask when you call the general booking number for the number to call if you need to call them direct?

Mine says to call that number when you are ready to book, so I am not sure that is the number to call for the right department about the FCCs. I have a couple of other numbers, not sure which one to call for promo's. You might ask when you call the general booking number for the number to call if you need to call them direct?

I was looking on the back of mine.

It says:

"For additional questions, information or assistance, call the travel agency listed on the face of this certificate or Carnival at 1-800-794-6225."

So true enough it says it on the front and the back.

I was looking on the back of mine.

It says:

"For additional questions, information or assistance, call the travel agency listed on the face of this certificate or Carnival at 1-800-794-6225."

So true enough it says it on the front and the back.

My point wasnt where it says it, but that it isnt the phone number to call about FCCs. It is the number to call for general booking questions. There is a different number to call for guest services with a ext, to call to see if they have been applied.

My point wasnt where it says it, but that it isnt the phone number to call about FCCs. It is the number to call for general booking questions. There is a different number to call for guest services with a ext, to call to see if they have been applied.

I must have misunderstood the part where it says for additional questions, information and assistance to call that number? :confused:

It is printed there on the FCC I have so it would lead me to believe if I had any questions about it could call the number provided on the certificate.

I must have misunderstood the part where it says for additional questions, information and assistance to call that number? :confused:

It is printed there on the FCC I have so it would lead me to believe if I had any questions about it could call the number provided on the certificate.

I think I called them accidently last Wednesday when I was wanting to check on stock OBC, wrong dept ... Monday my PVP said she would try and deal with FCC getting credited, but Im still pretty sure you have to call their dept and there is a X number to call them. Thats just a general phone #. My FCC arrived in Miami at 10 am and was signed for yea!!! Moving along.

I think I called them accidently last Wednesday when I was wanting to check on stock OBC, wrong dept ... Monday my PVP said she would try and deal with FCC getting credited, but Im still pretty sure you have to call their dept and there is a X number to call them. Thats just a general phone #. My FCC arrived in Miami at 10 am and was signed for yea!!! Moving along.

I was taught never to argue with or doubt the word of a lady and I will not start now.

You have the last word on this thread.

Thanks for your help. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think the future cruise credit (certificate) is great to have,

But, since they are basically copying the Princess program, why not just copy it all the way to make it easy on us the customers?

Now I have to keep track of 2 separate programs!

Archived