Airline employee discount

Blakenj

Hi. New to the boards. I am shopping around for our first cruise. We are a family of 5 (3 kids, 3-8). We are planning on cruising with my mom who works for US Airways. I know on Disney Cruise Line she gets a discount of 50% off up to 2 staterooms 6 months prior to travel. Does anyone know if NCL offers a similar discount and what is the timeline for booking?

We are considering the Epic. Would this be a good choice for our first cruise and with children?

Thanks so much!

Blakely

I don't know if NCL offers "Interline Rates" but if you google that you should be able to find out. I'm sure others will be around here tomorrow to let you know also. I know several online TA's offer them but we aren't allowed to name names on CC.

Just found this on an Interline Website:

When Do Interline Cruise Discounts Open Up on NCL Cruises?

NCL opens up interline rates on an as-need basis from a couple of weeks in advance to several months.

Who Qualifies for Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) Interline Cruise Discounts?

The following people qualify for airline employee cruise discounts on NCL Cruises: Commercial airline employees, their spouses, dependent children under 21, retirees of the airlines (not defunct carriers), parents of the employee and parent-in-laws of the employee. A copy of your airline ID within 48 hours of booking or NCL reserves the right to adjust the booking to regular rates. Rates are valid on new bookings only, if within the final payment date.

your mother, is the ONLY one who can make these reservations through INTERLINE booking agents. There are many, just do an online search. Some do have limits on numbers of cabins, and who has to be in them. And YES, NCL does have interline rates, but you need to compare regular sales, as I have found some to be lower.

The best interline rates are for late bookings, a month or so prior to sailing. So it pays to be very flexable.

Now the buddy passes are another story, if you are using them??

Hi. New to the boards. I am shopping around for our first cruise. We are a family of 5 (3 kids, 3-8). We are planning on cruising with my mom who works for US Airways. I know on Disney Cruise Line she gets a discount of 50% off up to 2 staterooms 6 months prior to travel. Does anyone know if NCL offers a similar discount and what is the timeline for booking?

We are considering the Epic. Would this be a good choice for our first cruise and with children?

Thanks so much!

Blakely

From the above NCL, interline post, it doesn't look like your mother can get more than one cabin discounted?? Unless, there is a spouse involved going as well that you can split with?

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by an NCL rep 1 1/2 years ago that discounts are available, but usually not until pretty close to departure. So I booked a regular rate 6 months out to be sure I got the cruise I wanted.

Alas, I was laid-off a year ago :mad:, but will convert to AA Retirement next March :D, so I'll get all my travel benefits back. Then I can go last minute on deals, since I won't have to worry about geting time off :confused:

...standby on a flight, however, is another challenge.

I think you can get more than one room on a cruise as long as you, the employee/retiree are one of the travelers.

Alas, I was laid-off a year ago :mad:, but will convert to AA Retirement next March :D, so I'll get all my travel benefits back. Then I can go last minute on deals, since I won't have to worry about geting time off

You guys wanna share a cabin with a 3rd passenger??? I pack light so I won't need a lot of space....:D

Archived