Last Day to Print Boarding Passes?

PLHag

After 17 Princess cruises, I should know this answer but am obviously spacing today.:eek: What is the last day to print a boarding pass before sailing? Sailing in 2 weeks and still no cabin assignment (yes, I know the current version of my boarding pass works at the pier anyway), but I want to know when Princess locks down the system before a particular sailing. On a previous sailing, I misplaced my boarding pass and was locked out when I tried to reprint it a couple days before sailing.

After 17 Princess cruises, I should know this answer but am obviously spacing today.:eek: What is the last day to print a boarding pass before sailing? Sailing in 2 weeks and still no cabin assignment (yes, I know the current version of my boarding pass works at the pier anyway), but I want to know when Princess locks down the system before a particular sailing. On a previous sailing, I misplaced my boarding pass and was locked out when I tried to reprint it a couple days before sailing.

Although your Personalizer closes 5 days before you sail (for making changes), you can still access your boarding passes and luggage tags right up until the day you board.

Although your Personalizer closes 5 days before you sail (for making changes), you can still access your boarding passes and luggage tags right up until the day you board.
Yes, this seems to ring a bell now; perhaps I was trying to change the credit card on file, but couldn't. I remember doing it at the check-in without a problem.

But to clarify: if I don't have a cabin assignment before 5 days out, I'll just be stuck with the boarding passes I have, right? Or will the boarding passes be updated with the cabin assignment within the 5-day time frame? Luggage tags aren't an issue as we'll be packing light enough for carry-ons.

Yes, this seems to ring a bell now; perhaps I was trying to change the credit card on file, but couldn't. I remember doing it at the check-in without a problem.

But to clarify: if I don't have a cabin assignment before 5 days out, I'll just be stuck with the boarding passes I have, right? Or will the boarding passes be updated with the cabin assignment within the 5-day time frame? Luggage tags aren't an issue as we'll be packing light enough for carry-ons.

Anytime before you sail, if a cabin is assigned, the boarding pass will show the cabin assignment. So, after the Personalizer is closed, you can still continue to check and if your cabin is assigned the day before you sail, your boarding pass will reflect the cabin number and you can print it out then. But there really is no worry to this, even without your boarding passes, you will not be denied boarding, it just takes a little more paperwork.

I would be more concerned about adding that cabin assignment to my luggage tags than the boarding pass. But those can also be looked up at the pier if for some reason you don't receive an assignment before boarding. Enjoy!

If you don't have a cabin assignment by the time you leave for the port, tell the porter taking your luggage. They'll look up your cabin # and put a tag on your luggage. It'll find you. :)

Thanks for all the responses. I will keep looking for cabin assignment up until day of departure. (We won't be checking luggage so tags are not an issue for us.)

Gotta love Cruise Critic - these boards continue to be a great source of information - even to a fairly-seasoned cruiser such as myself.

Archived