Child Prices 2011 Brochure ?

Can somebody who has a brochure please look in the back & tell me if they are offering child prices for next year and if so what age a child counts as, please? I did a costing online for 2 adults, 2 children and the total cost seemed to be for 4 adults. (Ages 11 & 14) Both this year & last year we have had substantial reductions for our children (sharing a cabin) but certainly wouldn't be able to go if we have to pay the full adult price! Thanks

(Hopefully this is a blip on their website and not another cost-cutting exercise like the reduction of AI drinks!)

Can somebody who has a brochure please look in the back & tell me if they are offering child prices for next year and if so what age a child counts as, please? I did a costing online for 2 adults, 2 children and the total cost seemed to be for 4 adults. (Ages 11 & 14) Both this year & last year we have had substantial reductions for our children (sharing a cabin) but certainly wouldn't be able to go if we have to pay the full adult price! Thanks

(Hopefully this is a blip on their website and not another cost-cutting exercise like the reduction of AI drinks!)

I've noticed when you fill in 2 adults and 2 children on line that the price comes up as per person so the total is split 4 ways. This should show as less pp than if you search for 2 adults (or 4 adults). Try doing that and see if it is a higher price.

Jan

I've noticed when you fill in 2 adults and 2 children on line that the price comes up as per person so the total is split 4 ways. This should show as less pp than if you search for 2 adults (or 4 adults). Try doing that and see if it is a higher price.

Jan

Oh, thanks for that Jan - I must get hold of a brochure. I am sure when I have done costings in the past that the child price has been shown seperately

Oh, thanks for that Jan - I must get hold of a brochure. I am sure when I have done costings in the past that the child price has been shown seperately

You're welcome. I see that on the website drop down box child ages go up to 17 so that looks good for you.:):)

Jan

Child prices for 2011 are from £299 to £449 I believe, however it is not out in print yet. If you do a costing online via their own website it gives the total price and does not breadown adults and child prices as it used to do, same via a Thomson shop. However you can work it out if you do the quote for family then just for 2 adults. I have done a costing for Cruise only on Destiny on 2nd June which works out at £299 for child but if we took their flight it would be over £400. Although children do not ever pay any cabin supps. Hope this helps.....:)

You're welcome. I see that on the website drop down box child ages go up to 17 so that looks good for you

Sounds good - maybe we have one extra year if prices are UP TO 17!

Child prices for 2011 are from £299 to £449 I believe, however it is not out in print yet. If you do a costing online via their own website it gives the total price and does not breadown adults and child prices as it used to do, same via a Thomson shop. However you can work it out if you do the quote for family then just for 2 adults.

Thanks Miss Babs - didn't think of doing that! Still don't seem to be able to get a price for 2 weeks b2b cruise though :(

I read on a earlier thread they are trying to avoid B2B bookings as they don't make as much money on them ! I am sure they can do it via the Thomson shop though. The shops do come up with a higher price but all should agree to match the online price. My local one is offering an additional £50 off for me to book thru them rather than online - they must be desperate to hit targets !

When we were trying to book last year for this year's cruise the local Thomson TA flatly refused to match the online price. We went in to First choice and they came up £50 cheaper than the online price. (BTW they are the same group as Thomsons)

I read on a earlier thread they are trying to avoid B2B bookings as they don't make as much money on them ! I am sure they can do it via the Thomson shop though. The shops do come up with a higher price but all should agree to match the online price. My local one is offering an additional £50 off for me to book thru them rather than online - they must be desperate to hit targets !

I can see their reasoning behind this but I do find it very sad if they are going to stop it - they offer cruise & stay so why not 2 week B2B? They will still have people on ship spending money, booking excursions etc on the B2B cruises - they will get people transferrring to other cruise lines if they are not careful - some people want more than a 1 week cruise :mad:

I called into my local Thomson TA on Saturday for a copy of the summer 2011 brochure and they did not have any and did not expect delivery for several days. Either they ran out of stock or perhaps they are having a reprint!

There are no 14 nighters on Thomsons site although there are on Cruisdeals so yet again confusion.

When the brochures arrive we will know because 14 nighters will hopefully be in there.

I have just picked up an April 2010 edition that covers upto October 2011. I can confirm that there are 14 night cruises listed. To give you an idea of prices, Thomson Dream sailing 30 July 2011 treasures of med & med medley from £1859. Childrens prices are listed as £499 for 7 nights and ££699 for 14 nights for the period 16 July - 26 August, at other times prices are from £299 for 7 nights and £399 for 14 nights - hope that helps! Happy to provide other prices if the brochure proves illusive :D

Brochure is definitely out and as stated above runs from April 2010 to October 2011. There is also still a separate one for Island Escape. Child prices are as stated by Jo but there is no reduction on these if you book Cruise Only as we have just done. Got nearly £200 off for adult but nothing for child. As Destiny sails out of Palma we can book our own low-cost much cheaper and have our own choice of hotel stay beforehand if we wish.

I have just picked up an April 2010 edition that covers upto October 2011. I can confirm that there are 14 night cruises listed. To give you an idea of prices, Thomson Dream sailing 30 July 2011 treasures of med & med medley from £1859. Childrens prices are listed as £499 for 7 nights and ££699 for 14 nights for the period 16 July - 26 August, at other times prices are from £299 for 7 nights and £399 for 14 nights - hope that helps! Happy to provide other prices if the brochure proves illusive :D

Thank you Jo - very helpful. Thanks for everyone else's input, too

Archived