Ihop

waterbound

I live in NO and now that you mention it, I don't know if there are any IHOPs here. But there are plenty of yummy places to eat breakfast. Forget about the chain restaurants. I'm sure there are some places near your hotel.

Mother's does have great biscuits with assorted great fillings (ham, debris, etc).

If it's pancakes you desire, are you driving?

Betsy's Pancake House (tel 822 0213; 2542 Canal St; open 5.30am-3pm Monday to Friday, 5.30am-2pm Saturday & Sunday) is a sedate neighborhood spot where blue-collar locals chow down hearty breakfasts and straightforward lunch fare.

You might consider dropping off the luggage at the ship, first.

My office used to be right across the street from Betsy's. By the time we moved, it had declined a lot. The food was just OK, and the place had a greasy smell and feel to it.

Of course you couldn't go wrong by going to Cafe duMonde and having coffee and donuts.

Hmm. First Rick's now Betsy's... Oh well.

Well, Not as close to the cruise ships, but there is Bluebird Cafe and a lot of people like Elizabeth's...

http://www.elizabeths-restaurant.com/

As for Cafe du Monde, there is a branch in the Riverwalk Mall right next to the cruise ships. (Note to self: pick up a bag o' beignets for the next cruise out of NOLA).

:D First time I've ever heard anybody from N.O. refer to beignets as 'doughnuts'.

But - I totally agree. Nothing better than Cafe du Monde for cafe au lait and beignets...anytime of the day. And don't settle for any of the other shops that advertise beignets - they just don't measure up to Cafe du Monde. The CDM at Riverwalk has the same items, just not the same atmosphere as the CDM in the Quarter.

• 3 weeks later...

I can vouch for the bluebird, very good.. you can get there on the st charles street car.. just ask for directions... also hard to go wrong with Petunia's in the french quarter. I agree.. you're in the best restaurant town in the country.. ditch the chains.. hit IHOP at home

Archived