Key West questions

I am booked on the Carnival Imagination and will be stopping in Key West. Our goal is to travel as light as possible. Can someone familiar with Key West answer these questions?

1. Where will the ship dock in Key West?

2. Is this a tender port?

3. Where is the UPS office in Key West and how do we get there from the port?

4. Is there a supermarket and/or drugstore near the port? I need to purchase water, cigarettes, and personal items.

5. How much are cigarettes in Florida? I know they are about $7.50 a pack in New York. and they never have my brand on the ship.

6. Can I get an internet connection in Key West? Where and how much. Trying not to use the one on the ship so much.

Thanks for all of your help!

There is a CVS in Key West that I would consider walking distance. about 3 block further back from the port and to the left ... whichever direction that is. I bought coke there.

No, not a tender port, just walk ashore.

1. Where will the ship dock in Key West? You are scheduled to be at the Outer Mole http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

2. Is this a tender port? No

3. Where is the UPS office in Key West and how do we get there from the port? Sorry, cannot help you there.

4. Is there a supermarket and/or drugstore near the port? I need to purchase water, cigarettes, and personal items. There are several small stores down side streets, look around you will see them.

5. How much are cigarettes in Florida? I know they are about $7.50 a pack in New York. and they never have my brand on the ship. Ex-smoker here, can’t help you.

6. Can I get an internet connection in Key West? Where and how much. Trying not to use the one on the ship so much. Lots of the bars have free hot spots.

The best grocery is called fastaus and is located a half block off duval on fleming. walking from the dock it would be to your left. Can't help with prices or ups but I am sure there is one near by. enjoy

Key West is probably one of the most walkable ports you will ever go to. We went to the Key West Public Library to use free internet. It's located at 700 Fleming Street. When you get off the ship, head to Duval Street (just follow the crowds) and walk south on Duval to Fleming Street (4-5 blocks). Turn left and walk approx. 1 block or so. It's past Elizabeth Street.

Have fun in Key West. It's my happy place.....;)

Karen

You may dock at the Navy pier. If you do a free tram will take you to downtown. I think you get off next to CVS. If you dock at the downtown piers CVS is a short walk. Walking off the ship you would turn left at the first street. This street is on the other side of the stores you come too.

Use Google maps to get the lay of the land.

Archived