Halloween on Carnival

We've taken a couple of different "Halloween" cruises aboard Carnival, and trust me,,,they are FUN! Unfortunately, or fortunately for us, ;) we didn't have any children with us, but I can tell you that we saw them around the ship, enjoying themselves with the Camp Carnival folks. I have no doubt that the kids will enjoy the Halloween festivities just as much as the adults. Book it,,,it's going to be a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

We were on Carnival Glory last year for Halloween and this year we will be on Valor durning that time. The kids have a "treasure hunt". They are given a list of locations on the ship. They have a card that needs to be signed at every location and they also get candy at every stop. When their card is completed, they are to report back to the disco lounge and then they have a dance and costume contest. Parents must attend the treasure hunt with the children. My daughter loved it and it was neat to see all the cute costumes!

I was told they celebrate halloween on ever cruise in October. I ask because we are going to be on the Dream the week before halloween and I was wondering if this was the case.

We were on Carnival Glory last year for Halloween and this year we will be on Valor durning that time. The kids have a "treasure hunt". They are given a list of locations on the ship. They have a card that needs to be signed at every location and they also get candy at every stop. When their card is completed, they are to report back to the disco lounge and then they have a dance and costume contest. Parents must attend the treasure hunt with the children. My daughter loved it and it was neat to see all the cute costumes!

How old was your daughter?

We are planning on cruising on the Dream on Halloween. Can anyone tell me what kind of events that have for the kids for Halloween?

Last year on the Conquest they had little spooky scenes all over the ship to take pictures at, and Carnival employees handed out candy to children. They also had a trick or treat costume party for the kids in the Disco. You could only attend that party if you were with a child. They handed out candy at that party as well, and I think it was over about 7:30. I am sure they did more, but I was not traveling with kids. A lot of people dressed up. It was a lot of fun.

J:DY

We are planning on cruising on the Dream on Halloween. Can anyone tell me what kind of events that have for the kids for Halloween?

We were on the Inspiration late last Oct. There were what seemed to be countless Halloween activities. We did not have the DC with us, so wish we did. They would have had a blast. There were plenty for the adults too. The costume contest in the main lounge was great. Enjoy!

Freedom had lots of Halloween fun for the little ones...friends who were cruising with us brought candy and carried it around with her to hand out to the little ones ( with parental permission always!) she saw on ship.... it was well received by everyone!

We were on the Miracle 2008 for Halloween. It was a blast!!

My son was 3 1/2.

We also went right before halloween on Disney 2009 when my son was 4 1/2.

2008-We got off the ship, Panama or Costa Rica..when we got back on..the whole ship was decorated. Nice surprise.

The had the treasure hunt.

The desserts were chocolate cake w/ a bat cookie or pumpkin cheesecake with a phyllo dough ghost. They were so cute!!

The ice carving by the pool..I think they carved a witch.

They had a children's party in the disco-he did go to that and had fun.

The picture of him & Funship Freddy is still my screen saver.

Yes, FF was dressed up too!

I brought glow in the dark pumpkin & ghost pillowcases that I got at Target.

I bought a door cover from Walmart or target for $1.00 for the outside door, paper skeltons and pumpkins to decorate inside the cabin..

this started my crazy obsession with decorating the cabins!! :p

We are getting ready to go next week and the first question he asked was, "can I bring my costumes?" He's kinda gotten used to it. So yes, we are packing 2 costumes. :o

My son stays with me most of the time..I know they offered different activities..he just didn't participate.

I wish I could be more helpful. My memory stinks!! Book it and HAVE FUN!!

Heads-up for anyone who is embarking on 10/31.

I contacted CCL beacause our Legend cruise actually sails away on Halloween Day. We really wanted to bring our costumes but didn't know if there would be any festivities or a costume party on this date as it is embarkation day and were not sure how this would affect it. The answer is YES, there will be Halloween parties and festivities if your sail away date is 10/31/10. :D

There are a few cruises that sail on this date, so don't worry if you want to enjoy the party.

We did Halloween on the Sensation, and there were lots of parties for the adults, with a costume contest.

Everyone milling about....drinking and partying....for the kids it seemed it helped to be involved with Camp Carnival, because we never saw any kids that night.

Heads-up for anyone who is embarking on 10/31.

I contacted CCL beacause our Legend cruise actually sails away on Halloween Day. We really wanted to bring our costumes but didn't know if there would be any festivities or a costume party on this date as it is embarkation day and were not sure how this would affect it. The answer is YES, there will be Halloween parties and festivities if your sail away date is 10/31/10. :D

There are a few cruises that sail on this date, so don't worry if you want to enjoy the party.

You answered my question before I even asked it! The Pride embarks on 10/31 and I was hoping there would be some kind of Halloween festivities since the kids will be missing trick-or-treating at home this year.

I was told they celebrate halloween on ever cruise in October. I ask because we are going to be on the Dream the week before halloween and I was wondering if this was the case.

Yes they do....Usually they put out a schedule for all the ships on what night they will be.....;)

I was on the Spirit for Halloween this year and it was a lot of fun. Decorations went up the day of, which meant you had to take all new "around the ship" pictures! :rolleyes: Tons of activities for the kiddes and kid at heart! Including a custome contest which you can enter as a group or an individual. The Adam & Eve did make some parents cringe (lets put it this way most bikinis and speedos cover more) but over all everything was family friendly.

Not sure if they do anything in Camp Carnival outside of Halloween week though.

We had a great time on the Liberty for Halloween a few years ago. Lots of activities, contests, games, costume contest, special pictures, special Halloween desserts in the dining room - it was great fun!

There weren't a lot of kids on board that time of year but we did see them having a costume parade and their own trick-or-treat with Camp Carnival.

Many of the crew find it interesting as well - quite a few of the Asian crew aren't familiar with Halloween at all. Our waiter asked us lots of questions about the holiday, it's significance, and how it was celebrated. We were the only ones at our table that night and had a great conversation with him about American Halloween traditions as well as some of the festivals and holidays he celebrates back home in Indonesia.

They go around the ship trick or treating. (please bring costumes) if you want to dress up.

Now it also depends on their age as well.

circle C (12 to 14) i have no clue

But camp carnival 2 to 11 they have fun filled stuff for them but not sure what.

The dream is a blast.

We're leaving on the Victory on 10/31/10, Halloween night. We don't leave port until 10:00 pm....wonder what festivities will be like?:rolleyes: Anyone know about Halloween on the Victory?

Going on the dream halloween cruise and not sure how they are gonna do it since halloween falls on the second day which is normally a formal night. Don't know what its gonna be do I bring a gown or costume or both lol

Archived