portable fan recommendations?

poss

Nearing 70 and still suffering from hot flashes, sad to say. I've never traveled with one of those individual, battery-run fans. Am beginning to think that it may be a good idea for our July Med cruise. Do they work? I'm hoping that people who have used them can give recommendations on which ones work best, are least cumbersome, etc. I know I've seen them at places like Sharper Image, Brookstone, etc. Sometimes they're connected to a water squirter of some sort? Thanks for input.

Buy a small,but pretty, hand fan for purse....then a battery operated one,got a cheap one at Kmart for cabin...use it down here all the time,,,in FL...even with the AC on it gets stuffy....the ones with water are messy...just take a few extra batteries...good luck....;)

I use one of those cooling neckbands. I have several and make them in lovely colors and take one on every 'hot destination' trip. It goes in a plastic bag for the return trip and hangs in my closet to dry. I would be happy to send you one if you are interested. They tie around neck and are supposed to drop internal temps about 15 degrees... lies across carotid artery. Our dtr got one at an MS walk for the same purpose.

daryleann at gmail dot com

If you are looking for one for you cabin O2cool makes a great battery opperated/ac/dc combo I bring rechargable batteries.

If you want one fir walking around ck magellens travel supplies not sure if I spelled it right but google that and it will come up.

Thanks so much for replies. Don't need fan for the cabin (I hope!), just for excursions. Will probably not do the one with water, but will look into Magellans and also the cooling hat. (I once tried the gel neckband and was bothered by having the thing around my neck.) I wish I lived near a Brookstone: would like to compare quality of the Brookstone vs Magellan. Probably fairly equal? I did check Target and Wal Mart and wasn't much impressed.

Magellans has great quality stuff. You might want to ck skymall too as they always have neat items when I read their brochure on the plane. I do bring that small fan for next to my bed. Even with the AC pumped I still can get hot plus it covers up hubbys snoring lol

Archived