Manhattan Piers May 9

If you happen to be leaving from the Manhattan piers this Sun., beware that there is a huge Oprah walk which is walk right past the piers. It is called the Best Life Walk. Gotta run to work now, but you can google for more info.

I did google it, and saw that registration for the walk is at Pier 86, which is the first pier south of the cruise ship complex, at 7:00 am. The walk itself starts at 7:30 am at 42nd St and the West Side Highway and and heads east to Times Square from there. The whole thing is expected to be over by 11:30 am.

Based on that information...the time and direction of the walk... it starts south of the cruise ship piers and heads east from there...the impact on cruisers embarking at the pier that day should be relatively minimal.

I don't know where you got your information, but you are giving out the wrong info.

Here is the map. http://www.lybl2010walk.com/home/mod_web/map-directions.php

It starts on the WSH at 42 then goes up to 57th and then across to Broadway. This is not going to tie up traffic? I disagree. Oprah walking in this thing herself.

I did google it, and saw that registration for the walk is at Pier 86, which is the first pier south of the cruise ship complex, at 7:00 am. The walk itself starts at 7:30 am at 42nd St and the West Side Highway and and heads east to Times Square from there. The whole thing is expected to be over by 11:30 am.

Based on that information...the time and direction of the walk... it starts south of the cruise ship piers and heads east from there...the impact on cruisers embarking at the pier that day should be relatively minimal.

I don't know where you got your information, but you are giving out the wrong info.

Here is the map. http://www.lybl2010walk.com/home/mod_web/map-directions.php

It starts on the WSH at 42 then goes up to 57th and then across to Broadway. This is not going to tie up traffic? I disagree. Oprah walking in this thing herself.

Thanks for picking up my mistake. :o

I read too much into one sentence on the Web site:

http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/Oprahs-Live-Your-Best-Life-Weekend-Walk

The walk will begin on the scenic Hudson River at 42nd Street and the West Side Highway and will culminate in the heart of New York City at Times Square.

As a native New Yorker, I just assumed if you were starting at 42nd St. and the West Side Highway, you would just walk straight across 42nd St.

Duh. I think I've been giving out directions on Cruise Critic for too long.:rolleyes:

However...if it starts on time at 7::30 am I still think the crowds will have cleared from the cruise ship terminal area well before most passengers start arriving.

Archived