Jade-Price has dropped. Have I lost out?

mcgorr

I am travelling on the Jade in June. The price has dropped significantly since I booked a few months ago when I paid in full. I know I took my chance but do they do anything similar to Royal Caribbean where they price match? I know they do a refund or similar for prices changing within 48 hours, but this is different. ANy thtoughts?

NCL's policy does not allow refunds for fare adjustments after the final payment due date. You may be able to negotiate a cabin upgrade...and there have been some vey rare reports of a token OBC being granted in these situations, but definitely not a price adjustment.

If you booked directly through NCL, call them and ask if they will upgrade you. If you booked through a TA, ask the TA to call NCL.

Good luck to all of you!

I looked at the June dates and there is a lot of cabins available for those dates and the final payments start to come due starting 5/8 for cruse 6/6.

Good luck to all of you!

I looked at the June dates and there is a lot of cabins available for those dates and the final payments start to come due starting 5/8 for cruse 6/6.

When did 5/8 become 75 days before 6/6 when final payments are due :confused:

Last month one of my sailings dropped after final payment. My TA called NCL and they did offer me a one cat. upgrade or an small OBC. I took the OBC and my agent made it sound like NCL was surprised that I took the OBC over the upgrade.

My TA got back to me (a little too quickly I think) and said I still have the best rate for a triple cabin, the lower rate only applies to a double??? The 3rd person is a child of under 2.

My TA got back to me (a little too quickly I think) and said I still have the best rate for a triple cabin, the lower rate only applies to a double??? The 3rd person is a child of under 2.

Doesn't matter the age, a third person occupancy is still a third person. Rarely are any of this dump fares for any more than two people.

I just checked on another website and my category cabin for 3 pople is at the reduced rate. I thought she came back to me too soon, I have a feeling she never bothered even checking. I have informed her and have heard nothing since. I'll keep you posted. Good luck Shill, Im glad this brought you some good fortune. Looks like I'll be changing my TA.

I just checked on another website and my category cabin for 3 pople is at the reduced rate. I thought she came back to me too soon, I have a feeling she never bothered even checking. I have informed her and have heard nothing since. I'll keep you posted. Good luck Shill, Im glad this brought you some good fortune. Looks like I'll be changing my TA.

In defense of your agent and I do not know if she is a good or bad agent, first, no, you are not going to get a discount after final payment regardless of a price drop and 2-even if it shows a cabin can hold 3, that does not mean the cabin available will take 3. As explained yesterday, there could be 100 cabins listed for 3 or 4 passengers but not all will allow tha many as the life boats can only hold so many. When X number of cabins are booked full, the remaining ones designed for extra guests will not be allowed to be booked that way, so what you found on the website means nothing.

Nita

in this thread and another I just read about cabin placement over construction, it is evident that booking through a TA or any non-cruiseline site is more than just about the price. It is a relationship that can come in handy if you find something arises. I like a real person with a name, a voice, a face (with smile) and most importantly a heart. Boy am I lucky my favorite cousin is my TA! But even if she wasn't I'd try to find someone with her attributes!

Same thing happened with me...had booked on May 3rd -- inside cabin "GTY, category N" -- probably somewhere near the anchor (!!). And I checked NCL's website on Thursday, May 13 and it had dropped about 45%!!!!! Long story short, my TA was able to get a free upgrade to oceanview, no OBC, but he offered a $50 credit through his agency for future bookings. He claims I still got a good deal (yeah, right).

Same thing happened with me...had booked on May 3rd -- inside cabin "GTY, category N" -- probably somewhere near the anchor (!!). And I checked NCL's website on Thursday, May 13 and it had dropped about 45%!!!!! Long story short, my TA was able to get a free upgrade to oceanview, no OBC, but he offered a $50 credit through his agency for future bookings. He claims I still got a good deal (yeah, right).

ok, you took a gty, gamble in itself: you got upgraded because of a price drop (NCL did not have to do anything) and your agent, being a good businessperson gave you an OBC and you don't think you got a good deal? What if you had paid 45% less than you did, had an inside cabin and NCL had raised thier prices? Would you want them to stick the higher price onto you charges or give you even a lessor cabin?

Nita

Archived