My Husband is Sooooo Jealous!

Im a RCCL newby! My 3 sisters and I are taking our mom on a 3 day Bahamas cruise on the Monarch of the Seas in August. My husband and I have sailed on Princess and NCL in the past. We have an NCL 7 day next April already booked but my hubby wants to try RCCL so bad he cant stand it. Now, we are ditching the husbands and having a girls cruise. Not only am I going on a short cruise without him, but its RCCL, then on the return we are going spend the day at Disney before returning back to Virginia. Disney is my hubby's favorite vacation destination. He is sooooooo jealous and I cant wait!

So, will I get a good idea of how RCCL cruises will be on this 3 day cruise? I already know from my sister that RCCL seems to have more fun. They always have a 70's night and my sister and husband dress up. A funny thing happened to her last week. She was all dressed up for 70's night (you know, the short dresses and boots and flipped hair) and was walking somewhere on the ship and as she passed someone, they called her a whore. OMG....did they not realize she was dressed up for 70s? It was kind of funny but really rude at the same time. Most all the other passengers and crew loved it and many stopped her and her friends to take pictures with them.

Anyway, I cant wait!!

I would say that you will get at a taste of RCI. I don't think you get the full experience until you have done a 7 day on a ship at least the size of the Voyager class with a promenade.

However, my first cruise was on the Majesty 4 Night(Monarch's sister ship). I thoroughly enjoyed it and it got me hooked on RCI.

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise:)

I would say that you will get at a taste of RCI. I don't think you get the full experience until you have done a 7 day on a ship at least the size of the Voyager class with a promenade.

However, my first cruise was on the Majesty 4 Night(Monarch's sister ship). I thoroughly enjoyed it and it got me hooked on RCI.

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise:)

Thanks! I think I should try them all just to compare!! Thats my goal anyway!

Calling her a whore is so rude and mean!

I know, isnt it? She is nicer than me, cause I would have stopped and had a chat with the person, but she just laughed it off. She is the most conservative person I know. It was just a costume.

My sense is that you will only get a small taste of RCCL from the three night cruise on Monarch. There is no comparison of Monarch with the Voyager, Freedom or Oasis Class ships. If you can, book a cruise with your husband on any of those classes to get an idea of what RCCL is really like.

passengers seem to really party on 3 or 4 nighters though. Ship is older but in great shape. Just doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

hmmm. that scares me a bit. I dont want a lough crazy ship. I cruise to relax. I wont hold that against the cruise line though. Its not their fault I booked a 3 day. Thanks...Ill be open minded and take that into consideration.

Im a RCCL newby! My 3 sisters and I are taking our mom on a 3 day Bahamas cruise on the Monarch of the Seas in August. My husband and I have sailed on Princess and NCL in the past. We have an NCL 7 day next April already booked but my hubby wants to try RCCL so bad he cant stand it. Now, we are ditching the husbands and having a girls cruise. Not only am I going on a short cruise without him, but its RCCL, then on the return we are going spend the day at Disney before returning back to Virginia. Disney is my hubby's favorite vacation destination. He is sooooooo jealous and I cant wait!

So, will I get a good idea of how RCCL cruises will be on this 3 day cruise? I already know from my sister that RCCL seems to have more fun. They always have a 70's night and my sister and husband dress up. A funny thing happened to her last week. She was all dressed up for 70's night (you know, the short dresses and boots and flipped hair) and was walking somewhere on the ship and as she passed someone, they called her a whore. OMG....did they not realize she was dressed up for 70s? It was kind of funny but really rude at the same time. Most all the other passengers and crew loved it and many stopped her and her friends to take pictures with them.

Anyway, I cant wait!!

I am jealous too...

Have FUN! I know when I ditched my hubby and kids and went with the girls it was the best cruise we ever had...just a different atmosphere when we don't have to entertain the guys, we can do what we want and not worry about anyone else...you will LOVE it!

As far as the whore thing...that is ridiculous...there will be haters out there...it happens to me all the time if we go out and wear something sexy...who cares, although I am usually not as nice as your sister in my reponse:D And where did this other passenger think she came from...a hot tub time machine from a brothel in the 70's? People can be so ignorant...

I am just off the Majesty of the Seas this past weekend and i have sailed on celebrity 3 times before.

When I tell you We were so disappointed its an understatement.

The ship was in fine condition, it was the employees, who were awful, unorganized, we had no table for our Main dining room seating.

Were given the run around, I truely believe the people on this ship not the best of the best, and truely quite awful.

The food was horrible, we were so hungry and actually lost weight, there was nothing to eat, i would compare the food quality to that of a nursing home.

You get what you pay for, and this cruise was cheap and now i know why.

the spa was excellent, just like the spa on celebrity, but that is the only thing that was the same.

I am just off the Majesty of the Seas this past weekend and i have sailed on celebrity 3 times before.

The ship was in fine condition, it was the employees, who were awful, unorganized, we had no table for our Main dining room seating.

Were given the run around, I truely believe the people on this ship not the best of the best, and truely quite awful.

The food was horrible, we were so hungry and actually lost weight, there was nothing to eat, i would compare the food quality to that of a nursing home.

the spa was excellent, just like the spa on celebrity, but that is the only thing that was the same.

awww bummer, sorry you didnt enjoy it. My sister has also been on Celebrity and tells me that the food on Celebrity is better than any of the cruise lines, so it doesnt surprise me that it wasnt what you might have expected.

For food, Im such a plain eater with fruits, vegis, salads, chicken or steak, etc...and the rolls of course...lol! As long as its edible, Im good cause I have to cook all the time at home, so Im thrilled when I dont have to. I hope the food will be better on this ship than yours.

Im super sorry to hear about the staff. Thats what always makes it or breaks it for me. I really appreciate the people that work on these ships, so I hope that your experience isnt accross the whole fleet.

Hope your next cruise is fantastic!!!!!!

I am jealous too...

Have FUN! I know when I ditched my hubby and kids and went with the girls it was the best cruise we ever had...just a different atmosphere when we don't have to entertain the guys, we can do what we want and not worry about anyone else...you will LOVE it!

As far as the whore thing...that is ridiculous...there will be haters out there...it happens to me all the time if we go out and wear something sexy...who cares, although I am usually not as nice as your sister in my reponse:D And where did this other passenger think she came from...a hot tub time machine from a brothel in the 70's? People can be so ignorant...

Oh thanks alot...now im even more excited!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. You got me all hyped up and I have to work till 5 today. ha ha

Thanks for the boost!

Ladies only...you'll have a wonderful time..make sure to take some time to ask your Mom about life when you were growing up.....sometimes we are so busy living in the present we forget about the great stories from the past.

Enjoy.........

I feel anything less than 7 days is not enough cruising (see my B2B booked!), but any cruise is better than no cruise.

Have fun on your girls cruise! I don't think I could EVER cruise without my husband, and he had BETTER NOT cruise without me! :p

But the Monarch is a little gem in itself, with a really good crew. I did a Chick Cruise on the Monarch a few years ago and we had a great time! I'm all for the all girls getaways!

I've cruised the most on RCL and after the Chick Cruise on the Monarch I went back on her again that same year so DH could experience a smaller, older ship. He had a great time too.

That's too bad you didn't enjoy yourself aboard the Majesty.... but I think you should really take into consideration the 3-day cruise experience.

I sailed with Celebrity over a decade ago, aboard the Mercury on it's inaugural year. What a fantastic cruise. Luxury and class, all the way.

But I've also sailed with Carnival on a 3-day Bahamas cruise... older ship, spotty service, food (not GREAT food, not bad food... just food)...

it was a 3-day party.

But I also went on that cruise expecting a 3-day party, NOT Luxury and class.

Still... my parents just came off a Celebrity Solstice cruise, followed by another week aboard the Freedom of the Seas.... and my father immediately booked a cruise next year aboard the Equinox.

While my mom enjoyed both cruises, my dad is more of a "foodie", and he enjoyed the Celebrity experience more.

Have a great time on your cruise!! I would love to do a girls only cruise, but I don't know that many girls that would go with me.

I think to surprise hubby you should book a cruise for yourselves while onboard! That would be a great way to thank him for being such a sport while you went out and had fun without him! Don't they give you a deal if you book on board? (don't know, never done it)

I'm jealous, have fun!

I feel anything less than 7 days is not enough cruising (see my B2B booked!), but any cruise is better than no cruise.

Have fun on your girls cruise! I don't think I could EVER cruise without my husband, and he had BETTER NOT cruise without me! :p

It's ok that you can't go with just the girls. I asked my wife and she said I couldn't go on a cruise with girls only either :rolleyes:

Ladies only...you'll have a wonderful time..make sure to take some time to ask your Mom about life when you were growing up.....sometimes we are so busy living in the present we forget about the great stories from the past.

Enjoy.........

What a neat idea. Thanks!

LOL. One reason this whole thing came up was because I just went with his family and it was a NIGHTMARE...not the cruise, the family! I needed a vacation from the vacation. He cant take as much time off as I can, so I started working on this and next thing you know, all my sisters and mom are going. FUN!

Sounds like a wonderful cruise! Just remember when getting an idea of the cruiseline, that the Monarch does not compare to RCI's newer and larger ships.

Im sure there wont be as much to do, but I was hoping to get a taste of service, food, general atmosphere. I think I should try the voyager class and the new OASIS!!! I saw the Oasis in St Maarten when I was there a few weeks ago. HUGE!

Have a great time on your cruise!! I would love to do a girls only cruise, but I don't know that many girls that would go with me.

I think to surprise hubby you should book a cruise for yourselves while onboard! That would be a great way to thank him for being such a sport while you went out and had fun without him! Don't they give you a deal if you book on board? (don't know, never done it)

I'm jealous, have fun!

That is an AWESOME idea! Im looking for 2012 now. I have one booked for 2011. I like to book way in advance. I booked my last cruise almost 2 years out. Thanks!!

I would be mad if my wife went on a trip without me that I had been wanting to go on. I hope you are going to do something nice for him like book a cruise for both of you while your on the ship.

Awww...dont be mad :( I do lots of vacation things for him. In 2007, when I told him I didnt have any extra money to put aside for vacation (i lied), I scraped money from everywhere, even having a yard sale and told him I had a bill to pay...but 1 week before we were supposed to be on vacation at home painting the house, I surprised him with a week at Disney World, which is his favorite vacation! This October, we are going to the mountains for a few days, then flying out to Disney again for a short visit for his 40th bday. I just pulled that together a few weeks ago. He is super excited. He would never be mad at me, just a little jealous.

We do have another cruise booked already, but maybe Ill book another!!

Did I mention I paid for his mom to go on the cruise a few weeks ago, bought his granny and mom clothes for the cruise, paid for his aunt and moms precruise hotel, paid for several photos for the family, etc.

Do I get any brownie points for that? LOL...Im mean, Im just saying....:D

Archived