Waiters in the water at GSC????

jlondon

When I was on the Dawn a number of years ago, they had waiters serving you drinks at GSC in the ocean. I'll be on the Jewel this August and was wondering if I would see the same thing? It was wonderful being served in the water.

When we were there in December they did have the waiters in tuxes serving drinks in the water. Btw, it seemed frowned upon to try to get a picture with one unless you used the ships photographer, unlike other times we have been there (4X). Also look out for food snatching seagulls!

When we were there in December they did have the waiters in tuxes serving drinks in the water. Btw, it seemed frowned upon to try to get a picture with one unless you used the ships photographer, unlike other times we have been there (4X). Also look out for food snatching seagulls!

I didn't see that when we were on our cruise! Whoops....guess I must have been on the wrong side of GSC again!:p

We were there at the end of January, and the waiter was in the water wearing a tux top and a bathing suit. However, the champagne in the glasses was just for props. I really wanted a picture, but both that were taken by the ship's photographer had my eyes closed! Darn that bright sun!:cool:

In all our trips to GSC there have never been water waiters. You have to go to the bar or find occasional waiter on the beach that does not have drinks that are totally melted

They have the camera crew walking around with a staffer dressed in a tux top with bathing trunks carrying a tray with a fake drink for photo ops.

It all depends on if you are a good tipper (with real money). In our Spring Break group we got the bar waiter to follow us nearly every where because we gave him a good cash tip! He even went to Jerk's Bar to get me the vodka drink I like on the opposite end of the beach because that's the ONLY place that had vodka on the island! He also went into the water for someone else I knew and delivered a drink there. :)

Hi,

No waiter in the water except for a toxedo guy with props, followed by the official photograph guy of the ship.

I am sure you can get a waiter in the water for a good tip buy the end of afternoon, since the waiters that served us were on a " on drink for you and one drink for me" bassis.

The guys were pretty loud and funny by 2 o'clock

Archived