1st Room pics

ddakrt

We are a rather immodest family so the bathroom details don't bother me.

But we sometimes like room service breakfast--tea on the balcony--that sort of thing. And in a hotel, for instance, the waiter invariably comes while one of us is showering--door open to let out steam. So there is always a frantic door closing before open to the hallway.

Well, in this design, even with door closed, it seems a waiter might get a view of a silhouette sitting on the throne or bathing. That curtain won't help either.

So, that changes the morning routine quite a bit.

Odd they did not think of that.

What makes you think that they DIDN'T think of that? We won't know what can be seen through this glass until people start sailing on her.

The whole point of the "Everything Epic" forum IS to speculate on the ship before we see her.

True, but not sure why you pointed that out. I was simply responding to the question posed, essentially questioning why the designers didn't take privacy/silhouettes into account. Since none of us were involved in the design decisions, and we have no idea how much privacy there is or isn't, how can we jump to conclusions and state that they didn't consider this? That's what my point is. Maybe they did, and maybe everything people are worried about is a non-issue. Maybe it's a big issue. Who knows. I'm looking forward to the "OMG EVERYONE CAN SEE YOU SHOWER" posts from the TA trip. lol

I am sure that the first sets of photos will be interesting.

Hopefully someone has a cabinmate stand in the shower or toilet compartments and takes pictures to post here. That way people can make their own judgements.

I am sure that the first sets of photos will be interesting.

Hopefully someone has a cabinmate stand in the shower or toilet compartments and takes pictures to post here. That way people can make their own judgements.

Be careful what you hope for. :eek:

Maybe finally people will stop worrying about bathroom privacy. Not surprised these are some of the first pictures with all the chatter about bathrooms.

you took the words out of my mouth

It looks awesome I can not wait to get on the SHIP!!!!!!

I am really looking forward to seeing pictures from the TA passengers. I wonder if the second bedroom in the CV's will look like the studios or will they keep those the same.

I will get those pictures for you. Based on the floorplan the 2nd bathroom is a lot like the current AB/A3s.

layout_courtyard_lores.jpg

I would trade the bathtub space in the Villa for a larger Balcony in a heartbeat. You just can't make everyone happy! :-)

Yep. I agree on both counts. Bathroom layout, tint, color scheme, show reservation process... seems to be plenty of people that are going into this with a glass half empty.

The best trip I had on a ship was in an Owner's Suite on the RCI Vision, when my parents had a connecting OS. The rooms together were like having a 1100 square foot apartment, and the combined balcony could hold a football team. :) I spent a lot of time lounging out there with my feet up (as you can see in my avatar picture)

I see you're on the same itinerary as me, but two weeks later. Email me if there's anything in particular you want to know about the trip. I plan on posting hundreds of pictures in my online gallery, including the ports.

Does anyone else see the second bathroom having a pocket sliding door? rather than the old bathroom doors? that will save space in that small room.

It looks like the A3's on the Jewel are larger than on the Epic.

Iguess we will find out soon.

The Courtyard Villa on the Pearl, Jade etc had a small entry foyer with inset wall lighting which made the second bedroom wider. The sofa/bed in the second bedroom was on the long wall (turned 90○) and the master bath looks like they've made the shower a bit larger and turned the tub caddy-corner. (It used to be flush against the window.)

The overall Epic villa looks a few feet shorter, with the second bedroom being the most affected.

(we used that room for luggage storage and the second toilet.)

But it won't open for me. I get this

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

•The website is under maintenance.

•The website has a programming error.

What you can try: blah blah blah

What's up with this? I just had a new hard drive installed.

Archived