1st Room pics

ddakrt

So cool to have pics! I guess it makes me bland, but I love the decor and think the whole bathroom thing makes sense.

Simple answer dry off in the large shower area. You can see the hook for your towel right next to the sliding door. No reason to get out dripping wet. In fact use the towel ring and hang your robe on the hook and exit the shower dry and covered. . ;)
It's what I do at home even with a bath mat outside the shower door. Sorry, if it's TMI.

I guess they could have put a sliding door instead of curtain but the curtain makes sense if someone doesn't really have the strength to close a door the width of the stateroom.

The only thing I think they could have put more thought into would be the sofa; white?:eek: Disney had red and blue striped sofas and they were still filthy and stained.

Thanks for the update with pics!

Fantastic - that is exactly what my cabin will look like because our bed is by the balcony. I like it - it's different and with this layout I can get ready to go out and have sink access while DH is in the shower. Usually it's too steamy to do anything in the bathroom. So far A+ for the cabin.

I've been trying to put together a slideshow that has all the renderings next to the actual images. These room pics have helped! I want to finish it though. NCL...keep the pics coming!

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12171697_TiAFY

Thats brilliant, thanks for sharing that. There are photos of renderings i havent seen before, we clearly havent had the same brochure photos over here in the UK so it was nice to see a few extra images! Thanks

Sam :)

My whole family will be on this cruise together. My sister and brother-in-law will be in a Family deluxe balcony, I will be in a Studio, and I had originally booked my parents on a regular balcony (I got them the cruise as a gift). Based on these room photos posted today though, I have upgraded them to a deluxe balcony. To me you can tell a big difference in size. I definitely looks like there is more room between the bed/sofa and the cabinets, and there is more counter space on the cabinet side of the room.

Did anyone else notice this in the pictures?

Did anyone else notice this in the pictures?

No since there are no pictures of a deluxe balcony. All the pictures are of the same regular balcony cabin.

Norwegian Cruise Line

Good afternoon - We've been trying to post captions for all of you, but Facebook seems to be down. All of the photos are of a balcony stateroom, except the one that has the carpet design is the living room of a Courtyard Villa.

Not a fan at all. I'm looking through the Epic brochure right now and the real pics are nothing like those in the brochure. Oh well, like someone else said, no cruise is a bad cruise. We have a AC and ajoining BA. Haven't seen the AC yet so maybe that will make up for the BA. I'm not getting the whole shower thing. I agree with njhorseman....what's up with that ugly curtain?:confused:

I could be wrong, but it looks like there is definitely a difference between two of the stateroom pictures posted. If you look at the cabinets in the two photos attached, they are a different design. They seem to match up with the cabinet designs from a regular balcony and deluxe balcony from earlier renderings.

953334482_Balcony1.jpg.93b8cb83a649688f216a91d21e66a1c0.jpg

1391031120_Balcony2.jpg.f292aeebda76cdbbee138b03115d924e.jpg

Renderings.jpg.5c70bcabfe5f69eef3c4658482694fec.jpg

I could be wrong, but it looks like there is definitely a difference between two of the stateroom pictures posted. If you look at the cabinets in the two photos attached, they are a different design. They seem to match up with the cabinet designs from a regular balcony and deluxe balcony from earlier renderings.

Same cabin, One picture taken standing next to the bed (or tighter zoom vertical) and one standing on the balcony. Look at the details. The art on the wall, the wrinkles on the bedding. I am not saying a deluxe is not a better option just that none of the new pictures are of one.

I would venture to say that this may actually be the family deluxe category. I remember from earlier posts, that the cruise consultants indicated that family deluxe was different than deluxe in that it had a bathtub. If you look to the back of these pictures, you can see some kind of a base to the shower stall (tub maybe?). This is clearly different than the close up shower picture that is included with the regular balcony category.

However, I believe family deluxes are also supposed to sleep four, and as good as a picture sleuth as I am; I am not seeing a berth anywhere. So I could be completely wrong.

I hope many people hate the rooms and don't book it so demand goes down. That makes my trips cheaper!

Yeah...and it also puts the company out of business.:rolleyes:

thanks for posting the pictures. As I thought I was going to hate the shower set up and I do hate it. It's fine if your a husband and wife but when your sharing with friends. I just don't like the stepping out of the shower onto the floor in the room not to mention where the front door of the cabin is. It will be interesting to see how many people slip over and hurt themselves.

Just be careful when walking pass open cabin doors and checking out the rooms you might get more than you bargained for:eek:

Yes, althought I admit, the rooms do have a cool vibe to them..the bathroom setup leaves a lot to be desired. If it were just my hubby and me it wouldn't be so bad but my 15 yr old son willl be traveling with me.

I'd be intersted to know what the designer was smoking the day he designed this bizarre setup for a bathroom? It's just freaking weird to my whole family.

LOL However, we will go onboard with an open mind. Heck, it may even work out better for us, who knows. It's that unknown that tends to worry me.

:cool:

Yes, althought I admit, the rooms do have a cool vibe to them..the bathroom setup leaves a lot to be desired. If it were just my hubby and me it wouldn't be so bad but my 15 yr old son willl be traveling with me.

I'd be intersted to know what the designer was smoking the day he designed this bizarre setup for a bathroom? It's just freaking weird to my whole family.

LOL However, we will go onboard with an open mind. Heck, it may even work out better for us, who knows. It's that unknown that tends to worry me.

:cool:

I'm sure your 15 y.o. son will be more worried about things you might see, than you need to be about things he might see.

Just lock the deadbolt on the cabin door, and pull the curtain across. Complete & total privacy.

I'm really not sure I understand the problem.

Like others, I don't really like the shower/bathroom setup with a curtain separating from the rest of the room. When I first saw those pictures, the only thing that came to my mind was: OMG, it looks like some new hospital rooms with that curtain hanging from the ceiling.

Excellent work. Clearly two different cabin catagories dispite what NCL posted. I was compairing these two shots

30550_423324066413_43678986413_5379808_957025_n.jpg

30550_423324091413_43678986413_5379810_7832301_n.jpg

I think the color of the wood panels is too dark for a small room.

Like others, I don't really like the shower/bathroom setup with a curtain separating from the rest of the room. When I first saw those pictures, the only thing that came to my mind was: OMG, it looks like some new hospital rooms with that curtain hanging from the ceiling.

I agree with you. It does give a vibe of being in a hospital room. I love the idea of the curvy walls, but this bathroom set up is awful.

Archived