1st Room pics

ddakrt

Someone posted a diagram recently of two cabins back-to-back showing which cabin would have the couch by the window and which would have the couch next to the toilet door. Anyone know where it is?

I have this awful feeling we will have the couch next to the toilet with a charming view of the shower instead of the ocean! :( What in the hell were they thinking??? :D

Someone posted a diagram recently of two cabins back-to-back showing which cabin would have the couch by the window and which would have the couch next to the toilet door. Anyone know where it is?

I have this awful feeling we will have the couch next to the toilet with a charming view of the shower instead of the ocean! :( What in the hell were they thinking??? :D

At least with this layout you will be able to brush your teeth at the sink while sitting on the couch. :D:p:rolleyes:

What type of cabin do you have?

Well... my best guess is 'not about that!' :p

This has never occurred to me as being an issue because I don't anticipate ever sitting on my couch gazing out across the balcony... if I want to do that, I'll definitely go out on the balcony. Honestly, though, I likely won't be doing much of that either, because it's just not my thing to spend time in my cabin when I could be elsewhere enjoying the ship. I don't ever book cruises - or even hotels - for the room itself; the accommodations are just where I sleep, wash, and store my stuff so that I can enjoy the vacation I paid for.

Now that it's been brought up, I can see it being a problem for people who spend more time in their cabins than I do - at least to a point. Remember that these cabins are still not terribly big, so the view out the balcony door isn't going to be that much farther away when the couch is closer to the door. Also, the balcony is never going to be directly across from the couch anyway, so really you'll just have to turn a few more degrees for the view. You can always close the curtain, too, if you don't want to have to see the bathroom door from where you're sitting. :)

The waves are shown on the deck plans. The bed is placed at the in-ny of the wave and the sofa at the out-y (if that makes sense).

These balcony rooms are so narrow, it's the only spot with enough room for the bed.

Oh, you're so practical! ;) Yes, I'm aware that the couch would be perpendicular to the window. I book hotels for the room! My husband never notices his surroundings, either. To each his own for sure. We have a Balcony BD (soon to become B6 larger balcony apparently) mid-ship. The question is, which side of the wave are we on. Really getting excited about this cruise! :)

Finally read through the entire thread and viewed the FB pictures. Didn't realize there was a smugmug link, will need to look into that. We're cruising 2 seven day itineraries back beginning in September 25th. Three adults cramped into an inside stateroom.

The rooms look terribly tiny even with the "Wave" configuration that's meant to make it be roomier.

Not too bothered about the open shower plan since I'm rooming with family but I can see it being a bit awkward with a friend. I guess you can pull across the curtain to have the entire space to yourself after a shower and you want to dry outside the shower stall. Just be sure no one will be coming in or out of the room at the time.

The rooms look terribly tiny even with the "Wave" configuration that's meant to make it be roomier.

I think this is because of the part of the wave cutting into the room while not seeing the part that "waves" out at the bed.

Kinda hoped the photographer would stand back a bit more so he/she would have gotten the entire room, this would have given a truer representative of the size of the cabin.

I think this is because of the part of the wave cutting into the room while not seeing the part that "waves" out at the bed.

Kinda hoped the photographer would stand back a bit more so he/she would have gotten the entire room, this would have given a truer representative of the size of the cabin.

I suppose. Can't really blame them for trying to be creative. I still think straight lines make the most use of a small room. Everything's proportioned.

The waves are shown on the deck plans. The bed is placed at the in-ny of the wave and the sofa at the out-y (if that makes sense).

These balcony rooms are so narrow, it's the only spot with enough room for the bed.

Thanks for this ;) The configutation in my cabin has the bed near the balcony.. I'm actually happy about this because my 3 yo son will be sleeping on the sofa and Its probably crazy, but I prefer he sleep more in the interior of the cabin..

However, how can we be sure the deck plan is correct?? :confused:

The cabin looks beautiful and very elegant, I am still very unsure about the bathroom layout. I don't know about having a shower out in the open right next to the main cabin door, there is a curtain for privacy to the main room but what about privacy to the outside hallway, when fellow cabin mates come in unexpected? I am booked on this ship in November and am very curious to read reviews from earlier sailings when they come in.

The cabin looks beautiful and very elegant, I am still very unsure about the bathroom layout. I don't know about having a shower out in the open right next to the main cabin door, there is a curtain for privacy to the main room but what about privacy to the outside hallway, when fellow cabin mates come in unexpected? I am booked on this ship in November and am very curious to read reviews from earlier sailings when they come in.

There is a thread that runs 25 pages on this subject.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1034526

Thanks for the photos. I've never minded the frosted glass thing, but I'd like to see the doors open to see how much room is in there. The shower seems big enough, but I really want to see the size of the toilet room and how the toilet is positioned. I fear it's like the little cubbyholes on the Gem. That would be a dealbreaker for me.

We also are waiting to see how much room there is in the toilet area. On the Jewel my tall husband did NOT like the set up at all.

One of first cruises we went on many years ago was an old Carnival ship where the toliet was right in the middle of the shower. After enduring that bizarre setup, I'm not very concerned about the width of the toliet stall on the Epic.

Archived