1st Room pics

ddakrt

The water slides look amazing!

The cabin is nice but the drawings/models we saw gave me a better impression... But we'll see what it really looks like when we'll be there on the ship.

30550_423324046413_43678986413_5379804_6595338_n.jpg

30550_423324066413_43678986413_5379808_957025_n.jpg

30550_423324091413_43678986413_5379810_7832301_n.jpg

I gotta say the rooms are a little blend compared to the current cabins, I love all the wood veneers but I'm missing all the bright colours. The rooms now look too elegant, too Celebrity like.

One of the deleted pics was of a giant red curtain in a room, I only saw the thumbnail and when I clicked on it I got a message that it was deleted. Another one of the deleted pics was of the slide. I dunno about the third.

I like the elegant style.. its better than the typical motel 8 looking cabins that most cruise ships have :)

That's one thing that I never understood. Cruiselines spend millions after millions on their public space decor, then most of their cabins consist of eggwhite coloured walls and beige carpets. :confused:

At least NCL put some colours and wood into their cabins, even their cheapest inside feel warm and fairly inviting compare to other mainstream lines.

It might be "bland", but it's sophisticated and far more calming than the garish decor of most Carnival rooms.

I with they would have shown a room with the 4th berth, but at least we know the answer about the couch. It appears that the back rest is what is curved, so removing that will provide a simple twin bed without any fold outs needed. We'll still be able to walk past it. That's a relief. :)

Having actual pictures confirms my worst fears of what it would look like.

To me the whole design of the bathroom area, being separated from the bedroom by a curtain that looks like something you can buy for two dollars at Wal Mart just turns me off. It reminds me more of a cheap motel from the 1950's than a luxurious cruise liner.

Just my opinion...if a bit of a strong one. :cool:

Having actual pictures confirms my worst fears of what it would look like.

To me the whole design of the bathroom area, being separated from the bedroom by a curtain that looks like something you can buy for two dollars at Wal Mart just turns me off. It reminds me more of a cheap motel from the 1950's than a luxurious cruise liner.

Just my opinion...if a bit of a strong one. :cool:

You never have weak opinions.;) I guess you would like an old ocean liner bathroom with that plastic curtain sticking to your butt in a tiny shower. :D:D

You never have weak opinions.;) I guess you would like an old ocean liner bathroom with that plastic curtain sticking to your butt in a tiny shower. :D:D

Except NCL hasn't designed a ship with those shower curtains for years! All their modern ships have a sliding shower door.

Maybe they found a couple of thousand of the old shower curtains in a warehouse and decided to save a few bucks by incorporating them into the Epic as room dividers. ;):D

I might be stupid but do you have to get dried after a shower in the lobby,in front of cabin door, wont this make the floor slippery :confused::):confused:

Simple answer dry off in the large shower area. You can see the hook for your towel right next to the sliding door. No reason to get out dripping wet. In fact use the towel ring and hang your robe on the hook and exit the shower dry and covered. . ;)

Thanks for the link. I enjoy looking at all the new pictures.

I am not a fan of the bathroom setup. Maybe I will change my mind after I see it. All I can think of is the cabin steward knocking...someone is in the shower and we don't hear the knock and he walks in. I know I know the glass is frosted, but still not ideal. I have an A3 so not an issue this cruise...I will have to put a do not disturb sign up before showering when being in a balcony room.

Not sure what I think of the room set up yet, but can't wait to experience it. It will certainly be different. As I always say, "there is no such thing as a bad cruise"

Archived