Freedom Drydock

They are adding some Oasis like features to both the Freedom & Liberty in Spring 2011: the virtual screens for getting around the ship, large screens on the pool deck (like Carnival & Princess), 1oz, 3oz & 5oz wine sampling machines, in addition to adding more Broadway shows (Greece, Cats...) and more ... I missed some of it, but thats what I caught during the Travel Agent Online Trade Show today :)

We are also on the April 3, 2011 sailing of the Freedom. i have read on these boaards two different dates for drydock. One in March before we go and one in April after we return. With all the new additions it would be great if it was before. Does anyone know the actual date. I guess these dates change all the time.

K

Just checked and the March 20 - 27, 2011 sailing is now showing as not available. I assume that will be the drydock date. We are booked March 13. Guess we will just miss all the upgrades :o

Sorry for those on that cruise but happy that it isn't mine as my dates weren't flexible since we are working around school holidays.

WooHoo...she should be in ship shape for our May cruise! Yay! I hope they put Grease on her- I love that show!

It says that they aren't changing the show on Freedom -

The Liberty will have Broadway-style entertainment following the success of the "Hairspray" production on Oasis, Bauer said. The choice of musical is yet to be announced.

The Freedom will keep its current show, "Once Upon a Time," because it is so highly rated, Bauer said. The production combines fairytales from the Brothers Grimm.

I will post this with the possible change to the Freedom DryDock date.

She is not showing on the RCCL website. Just an N/A all across that date.

It could mean several things.

This is the latest DryDock list Albert Ross has given us from RCCL.

Things do change so there could be dates that differ.

Monarch of the Seas 6-15 MAY 2011

Majesty of the Seas JAN 2013

Rhapsody of the Seas FEB 2012

Grandeur of the Seas APR 2012

Legend of the Seas 10-28 JAN 2010

Enchantment of the Seas 19 APR - 1 MAY 2010

Vision of the Seas 20 NOV - 30 NOV 2010

Splendor of the Seas 4 - 14 APR 2011

Jewel of the Seas 29 APR - 6 MAY 2011

Serenade of the Seas FEB 2013

Radiance of the Seas MAR 2013

Brilliance of the Seas APR 2013

Navigator of the Seas JAN 2013

Adventure of the Seas APR 2013

Explorer of the Seas 3- 14 JAN 2010

Mariner of the Seas OCT 2011

Voyager of the Seas JAN 2014

Freedom of the Seas APR 2011 - Possibly, March 20 - 26, 2011 ?

Liberty of the Seas 23 - 30 JAN 2011

Independence of the Seas MAR 2012

If anyone knows any new information, please post it below and I will update the list.

Thanks, Alexis

Please do not let the dry dock be March 20th! That is when we go. And we have to go that week because of school spring break for my kids. We just booked a couple of weeks ago when the prices dropped. I better go see what is says on the RCI website about my reservation.

My reservation is still there, but if I go through the reservation page, everything comes up as 'Not Available". :mad: I guess I will need to send an e-mail to my TA.

What will Royal do with reservation that have already been placed??

My TA called RCI today and confirmed that the dry dock for Freedom is the week of March 20, 2011. Which means we have to switch cruises. :(

Oh well, now we get to take advantage of the WOW sale and will be sailing Oasis. I'm disappointed, but hey - I'm still going on a cruise!

Archived