To Cruise Critic

I had the same problem with the excursions/packages as well as meet and mingle--my reservation was through a travel agency. Emails got me directions on how to sign up. However, I kept trying to get into the section to look at excursions to perhaps purchase and eventually I got in and then tried the Meet & Mingle and it worked. I think when they figure out the glitch RC will fix it because it affects being able to preorder packages/excursions. I don't know how it works but thought maybe RC did not yet have the deposit in hand although the reservation was confirmed with my deposit taken by travel agent. Perhaps the travel agency holds the deposit and submits it later to RC? With other group deposits? Just a thought.

[quote=bluey258;24432985

i called royal about this problem to.

they said o there is nothing wrong with your booking we just dont know why this is happening. my ta even tired going in from her computer in another state.so it isn't my computer.

i think it sucks that they cant figure it out and dont even act like they want to. like i said i will just keep my money for something else.lolol

I called RCI also and was told the same thing. My booking showed on "My Reservations" as "on hold until" (no date, my words) even though the cruise was paid in full. The customer service rep. said that she could see that my cruise was paid in full and should say "Confirmed" but didn't know why it was displaying incorrect data. She even tried to sign me up for the M&M and couldn't do it. I'm convinced it had nothing to do with the group booking. I was putting in a legitimate booking number but got the same error messages you got. My advice is to wait for a few days. I called RCI on a weekday and then went into "My Reservations" on Monday or Tuesday and it showed confirmed.

I called RCI also and was told the same thing. My booking showed on "My Reservations" as "on hold until" (no date, my words) even though the cruise was paid in full. The customer service rep. said that she could see that my cruise was paid in full and should say "Confirmed" but didn't know why it was displaying incorrect data. She even tried to sign me up for the M&M and couldn't do it. I'm convinced it had nothing to do with the group booking. I was putting in a legitimate booking number but got the same error messages you got. My advice is to wait for a few days. I called RCI on a weekday and then went into "My Reservations" on Monday or Tuesday and it showed confirmed.

You said wait a few days. I have been trying to register for a month now and still no luck

You said wait a few days. I have been trying to register for a month now and still no luck

check your credit card statement and see who the deposit was charged to. if it was royal caribbean then there is a glitch.

if it was the agency or if you paid by cash or check to the agency. there lies the problem. the key word is "group".

do you have an assigned cabin? some agents will hold all the money in the agency till they finalize the group and then cross reference the money with an agency check.

I had the same problem recently and I think it was due to one of two things. First, I booked my cruise through an online travel agency and was probably considered to have received a "group" fare. The TA has to release the "group" in order for you to sign up for the M&M. Second, and I think this was the problem, the RCI website, even after my TA released the "group" status, needed to be refreshed. They probably refresh the website over the weekend, maybe on Sunday. Have you checked your reservation online? Mine showed as being "on hold" even though the cruise was paid for. It took a couple of weeks before the reservation showed as confirmed. This is the first time that this has happened to me even though I've booked through the same TA before and have signed up for M&Ms right after booking. I truly think that it was an RCI website issue. Anyway, I'd call my TA and ask about the "group" issue and if they say that you're confirmed, just keep trying.

This is from the Celebrity website, FAQs:

Why isn't my Booking ID/Reservation Number being accepted for registration?

Subject: Cruise Critic Connections

The number you provided may not be an actual Celebrity Cruises Booking ID, but rather an identifier assigned to you by your travel agent, which may happen if you are part of a group if that is your Travel Agent's policy. Please contact your travel agent to confirm your Celebrity Cruises Booking ID/Reservation Number that will be valid for the registration process.

This is from the RCI website:

Q: How can we ask other questions about the Meet & Mingle?

A: Any questions or comments related to Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle may be emailed to Xplora@rccl.com

i emailed them as it said on friday just got a email telling me i was fixed...and IT IS FIXED I REGIISTER AND CAN DO ANYTHIN WITH MY BOOKING NOW !!!!

HAPPY SAILING...........OK I AM ONE HAPPY CRUISER AGAIN. !!!!

hope it works for the rest of ya'll if not email them maybe they can help.

Hello Joann,

Your reservation has been updated to be able to register for the Meet & Mingle event for your upcoming cruise on September 19, 2010. Now that is taken care and you are in the planning stages, there is a great way to keep track of all the activities leading up to your voyage.

When can you add Shore & Land Excursions? What will your stateroom be like? How's the weather in those exotic orts? What if there's an itinerary update? You'll get the answers to all this and more. But first, you'll need to either setup or log in to your My Cruises account. You can do this by going to royalcarribean.com and go to BEFORE YOU BOARD then click on Countdown to Cruise.

Hope this information helps. Enjoy your cruise vacation.

Best Regards,

Royal Caribbean International

We got a message back "Only purchased reservations can registered for Meet and Mingle".

i got the same message and same answer from royal last weekend.

it is for my liberty 09/19/2010

had no problem registering for my voyager cruise and it is in 4/11

I also got this message when trying to register for my 10/10/10 sailing on Liberty

This is from the RCI website:

Q: How can we ask other questions about the Meet & Mingle?

A: Any questions or comments related to Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle may be emailed to Xplora@rccl.com

email them. they fixed mine. :)

hope they can help you

That is the email address I have always used to contact the people at Meet and Mingle if I had a question or problem.

They have always gotten back to me with an answer in a short time.

To the best of my knowledge, you must be paid in full to register for a M&M.

You may, however, participate in a Roll Call on these boards.

Hi cruisers: As soon as we got our reservation # after our deposit, we registed for the M&M for our 11/7/10 Explorer Cruise. I think I registered from a 'cruise critic page'...I recently got an email for RCCL saying we have met the 25 person requirement and that time and place for M&M will be in our cabin upon arrival. We still have not paid in full.

I will follow the "Roll Call Boards" for this cruise in case someone has kindly decided to manage it, so to speak.

I hope this helps.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Hi cruisers: As soon as we got our reservation # after our deposit, we registed for the M&M for our 11/7/10 Explorer Cruise. I think I registered from a 'cruise critic page'...I recently got an email for RCCL saying we have met the 25 person requirement and that time and place for M&M will be in our cabin upon arrival. We still have not paid in full.

I will follow the "Roll Call Boards" for this cruise in case someone has kindly decided to manage it, so to speak.

I hope this helps.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

PS TO MY ABOVE POST, PLEASE: I just noticed that the right side of this page, there is a place to sign in for a M&M.....

How do I contact the Cruise Critic Host for this thread?

If you are on the page where all the threads are listed, scroll down to the bottom and in the right hand corner you will see the hosts names under Moderators...click on one of them and you can send them an e-mail.

I, too, was able to register us before we were paid in full. You do have to have your reservation number to complete the registration.

[quote name='Maya57']Thanks for all the responses but none apply to situationn

We all have different reservation numbers
Sailing is on Enchantment 11/27/10 and about 4 non-group have successfully signed up.
I have not heard from the Cruise Critic even though RCCL said they control the M & M and shoulkd be contacted

[B]ADR1204[/B] and [B]Bluey258[/B] are have the same problem, Have you two reseolved it yet? If yes what did you do?

How do I contact the Cruise Critic Host for this thread?[/QUOTE]

Are you booked direct or through a TA, if a TA the confirmation number may be the TA's number and NOT RCCL's reservation number, ask your TA for your RCCL reservation number.

Archived