Godfrey Tour Was a 10! Very Nice!

macy

We were on the Emerald Princess from 4/25 - 5/2 and while in St. Thomas we took a tour with Godfrey. We had made reservations in advance with him via email. This was our second time touring with him and he is very personable and accommodating. The Carnivale was in downtown when our ship arrived, so he rearranged his tour plans so that we wouldn't be trying to get downtown fighting all of the traffic and people that were at the Carnivale.

First he took us up the winding, hilly mountain and told us about the island. We also stopped at a couple of overlooks where he talked about the history of the island, etc. and we could take pictures. We also went to the botanical gardens and saw some beautiful flowers and the view of Megan's Bay was very nice from there.

He gave us water and pop to drink which was very nice.

We chose to be dropped off at Megan's Bay after the touring and we spent 1 1/2 - 2 hours there. That is an awesome beach with the most crystal clear water we have ever seen. It was just beautiful, nothing but sand on the bottom and you could see the bottom even when out near the buoys. We did see some fish swimming around there, too. This is a beach that everyone should see at least once. It is rated by National Geographics as one of the top 10 beaches in the world and I can see why. The water is beautiful!

The last time we were with him we went to Sapphire Beach, which was very nice, but he said the restaurants were closed there so he doesn't take tourists there anymore. Choose Megan's Bay if you decide to go to the beach. You won't be disappointed.

Godfrey picked us up at the agreed upon time and then offered to take us to do some shopping for an hour or two. We were planning on shopping, but then opted out and went back to the ship after swimming.

Godfrey is very professional, knowledgable, friendly, accommodating and on schedule. We have been very happy with him both times that we have toured with him on St. Thomas and we would highly recommend him.

You can't go wrong if you take Godfrey's Tour!

Mark & Mary

We booked with him as well, we haven't used him since 2004 and noticed he now has two tour choices so we chose #1 however we really have no interest in shopping but it was listed in both tours...what time did he ask you to meet him, he told us 1130. The last two times we went to ST we went to Coki but think we'd like to give Megans Bay a try, do you know if he always offers MB?

Glad to hear you had a nice time :)

He met us at 9:00 a.m. at the port and we were supposed to go shopping for 2 hours. Because of the Carnival Parade being downtown early that morning, he decided that we should just do some shopping at the port for a while at first to avoid the traffic and people leaving Carnival. Then we did the sight seeing tour, beach and then he would have dropped us off for more shopping, but we decided not to do any shopping outside of the port.

I would imagine that he will go to Megan's Bay on either of the tours. I just looked at his website and for tour #1 he lists Megan's Bay as one of the choices. He dropped somebody off at Coki beach on our way to Megan's Bay and then he picked us up first and then the people from Coki. I really think he will do whatever he can to accomodate you.

You do have to pay to get in to the beach, and I think it is $4.00 a person, but worth it. There are picnic tables and chairs (not a lot of chairs), but we just threw our bag on a picnic table and stayed in the water the whole time. They have bathrooms with changing areas and a bar with a waitress that goes down the beach. I think there was a restaurant there, too.

If you're interested in snorkeling, this isn't a good spot for that although we did see some fish. But, the water is so beautiful and this is the nicest beach we've been to in our 7 cruises.

If I were you, I would send Godfrey another email and tell him that you don't want to shop, but would like to go to Megan's Bay. The reason he is picking you up later is because you aren't shopping.

Have a lot of fun!

Mary

• 3 weeks later...

OMG, I would love to do a tour with Godfrey. There is so much I want to do in St Thomas. I want to do the sky ride, the screaming eagle, parasailing, underwater jetsky, and now Godfrey. I really just want to go to MB beach. Ahhhh, what should I do. I mean I know I can parasail on another island, but what else can I cut out? Heeellllllpppppp....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived