For those who sale from Jacksonville

Sinjan

Well, I love having more options from the East Coast. The only problem is the itineraries.

Just how many ships do we need that "only" go to the Bahamas? And the prices from the East Coast are higher than from Florida.

Sure, being able to drive to port is great. Love it! One week from tomorrow, I'll be on my way to Charleston!

I work in Jacksonville. City officials will be even bigger idiots than they already are if they let go of the cruise industry. Mayport residents need to get over themselves.

Completely agree. Unfortunately I don't see a cruise port here after CCL's contract is up. Mayport is the way it is because people who live there don't want it any other way. Never mind how change might improve things for them. And if the city really wanted to keep from loosing the cruise industry $$, they would have started looking for alternatives when Mayport first threw a fit 2 years ago. They're just going thru the motions so they can tell the citizens they "tried".

I just sailed out of Jacksonville. It was a great experience. Nice people working at the terminal. Very easy to get to and great parking. I hope Carnival can keep a ship there.

Thanks for Posting this! Im sailing outta Jax in July. Im excited about going to St.Aug the day before too. I wont be affected one way or the other if she leaves there,but Im still stoked about being able to say Ive been there, its on my "Bucket List"

Thanks for Posting this! Im sailing outta Jax in July. Im excited about going to St.Aug the day before too. I wont be affected one way or the other if she leaves there,but Im still stoked about being able to say Ive been there, its on my "Bucket List"

St. Augustine is awesome. VERY well worth spending the day. Buy one of the on and off trolley tickets. One of the easiest ways to get around and the guides talk about the different things as you go by. Easy to pick up where you left off if something sounds interesting.

Be sure and tour the winery, you get a free wine tasting with the tour. They have some nice wines. In fact, they have one of the few reds that I actually like. Ventners Red, great with a steak. Dang, now I'm hungry. lol

Only thing I would issue a warning for is the water at the fountain of youth. Nasty sulphury stuff. yeck.

Since I live in the Atlanta area, I would LOVE to see ships depart from Savannah (a 3 hour drive for us).

Atlanta, being one of the most densely populated areas in the southeast, is also the source for many passengers who are currently driving to either Mobile, Jacksonville, (and very soon Charleston) to go on a cruise.

Jacksonville, WAKE UP! You're about to loose an industry that contributes millions and millions of dollars to your city!

Archived