Cruise suggestions please

pcnsgirl

greetings awesome sailing buddies. I am currently deployed and I will definitely be needing a cruise with my family when I return. I can sail out of New Orleans or Mobile. Suggestions please for anything after Halloween? I have from New Orleans before but, I say that Mobile has a new ship. Thanks for your suggestions..... boy it is hot here!

Mobile has Elation which is the oldest/Fantasy class ship. Triumph is a newer ship and out of New Orleans. I just got off Triumph today and it was a great cruise. We did the 7 day western to Belize and Roatan and Cozumel. Great itinerary to me.

If you like smaller ships, then Elation, if you want a newer larger ship, than Triumph.

If you have done the Fantasy, Elation is the same size and class, just hasnt has all the updating that some of her sisters have had. 4 of the Fantasy class have balconys and almost all have waterworks. I dont think Elation even has gotten waterworks yet. It was out on the west coast, and I guess too far to get the full blown dry dock the rest of the class was getting.

i'd vote for the triumph out of NOLA, personally...

and elation out of mobile has not received the waterworks / new balconies / evolutions of fun updates... so pretty much, an 'original' fantasy class ship, as far as layout and amenities.

if you stick close to after halloween, and not too close to christmas, you'll have the benefit of some of the lower fares of the fall with school being in session...

good luck!

First, let me apologize for the typos, must have my coffee first :) Thank you for the well wishes. I really appreciate them. Thank you also for the suggestions. It looks like the Triumph will be more what I am looking for or, maybe I will consider sailing out of Florida... definitely have time to think about it :)

Mobile has Elation which is the oldest/Fantasy class ship. Triumph is a newer ship and out of New Orleans. I just got off Triumph today and it was a great cruise. We did the 7 day western to Belize and Roatan and Cozumel. Great itinerary to me.

If you like smaller ships, then Elation, if you want a newer larger ship, than Triumph.

If you have done the Fantasy, Elation is the same size and class, just hasnt has all the updating that some of her sisters have had. 4 of the Fantasy class have balconys and almost all have waterworks. I dont think Elation even has gotten waterworks yet. It was out on the west coast, and I guess too far to get the full blown dry dock the rest of the class was getting.

If I may, the Elation is one of the newest of the Fantasy Class; only the Paradise is newer. The Fantasy is the eldest. As far as the Triumph being a much newer ship, note that she was built in 1999, while the Elation was built in 1998. Having sailed on both, the Triumph is larger, but also with lots more passengers. The main advantage that the Triumph has is for the balcony lovers; lots of 'em. On the other hand, I find that on many sailings, one can book a GS on the Elation for the same price as a higher end balcony on the Triumph. I really don't think you can go wrong whichever you choose.

First: Thank you for your service. Well wishes for a safe return.

I too would suggest a look at the Legend out of Tampa. It seems to get really good reviews. I think the family may get a kick out of sailing under the bridge (don't know the name).

Archived