Elite Questions

West Coast Gal

August Alaskian cruise will be our first as Elite. Celebrating our Anniversary. Besides free shoe shine and laundry, can anyone tell us what else to expect.

Per the Princess web site:

PREFERRED SERVICES PACKAGE

Priority Tender Embarkation

As a well-traveled guest with Princess, you have the opportunity to travel ashore quickly and without waiting in line. Simply present your Priority Tender Ticket directly at the gangway instead of waiting with other passengers in the lounge area. You will then join any remaining passengers and board the tender as soon as it is clear to embark.

Priority Disembarkation

You'll be contacted towards the end of your cruise by the Circle Host to determine approximately what time would be most convenient for your disembarkation. If you'd like to linger onboard longer, we'll be more than happy to give you a later disembarkation group. If you'd like to be one of the first groups to disembark, we'll gladly accommodate - the choice is yours!

Shoe Polishing Service

Your shoes will be polished upon request - this service is complimentary.

Complimentary Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services

Upon request, your cabin steward will organize your laundry to be cleaned - compliments of Princess Captain’s Circle!

ELITE CABIN AMENITIES PACKAGE

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**

Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up according to your personal preferences. If no preferences have been indicated in your Member Profile, the standard selection will be given. Drinks will be refilled upon request and you will only be charged for the additionally requested drinks consumed.

Deluxe Canapes Selection

You may receive, upon request, a complimentary selection of deluxe canapés specially created by the Chef, delivered to your stateroom on formal night. This benefit can be ordered through room service and should be requested at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Afternoon Tea

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities reserved for Suite guests.

PREFERRED DISCOUNT PACKAGE

10% Boutique Discount

Our Boutiques are second to none for choice and gift selection. Now, as an Elite Member, take advantage of a 10% discount storewide to buy those extra gifts for all your family back home! Your Cruise Card is your key to this wonderful benefit,- simply show it when you make any purchase, and our Boutique Staff will automatically deduct 10% from your purchase price.

Complimentary Wine Tasting

Our Wine Tasting Events are popular and many of our members attend, so we have made arrangements to pick up the cover charge for you! Space is limited at these events so, should you wish to attend, you must confirm with the Circle Host who will contact you at the beginning of your cruise.

**Complimentary mini-bar set-up is one time only, per stateroom, for passengers 21 and over.

(There should be a letter in your cabin listing the benefits.)

Sometimes there is a "sail-away" party (usually in Skywalkers) with free canapes.

There will be a letter in your stateroom telling you about everything, and invites etc come during the cruise.

27 cruises ought to get you in the running for MTP (Most traveled passenger, get a bottle of real champagne and a crystal paper weight thingy) and the captain's circle lunch (if they do the lunch some ships do a cocktail party instead, not so cool but quality time mixing. I have seen it both ways and defintely prefer lunch- last time in Sabatini's on the Crown.

Has anyone gotten these? We have sailed 5 times as elite and haven't seen them yet. I tried to ask about them once but the Captain's Circle Hostess totally blew me off with some lame story about being out of them because the ship had just returned from Europe. Made no sense to me and I bet they had them for the suites. Cabin stewards seemed clueless.

When we went, there was even one couple who were platinum at the most-travelled cocktail party!

The only time we have been invited was back when we were Platinum on an Alaska cruise. It was the cocktail party and not the luncheon. We have not been invited since, even though we now are Elite.

27 cruises ought to get you in the running for MTP (Most traveled passenger, get a bottle of real champagne and a crystal paper weight thingy) and the captain's circle lunch (if they do the lunch some ships do a cocktail party instead, not so cool but quality time mixing. I have seen it both ways and defintely prefer lunch- last time in Sabatini's on the Crown.
I kind of doubt that. I didn't get invited to my first Most Traveled lunch until last January, when I had almost 250 days. On my cruise before that, the cut-off for even attending the lunch was over 300 days, and on both cruises, the most travel passengers had well over 1,000 days on Princess.

On my last Alaska cruise on Pacific Princess there were only 5 elite cabins. If you are on a TransAtlantic you will find 10% elite (Crown just across had 2400 passengers and 237 elite) in the Caribbean you will find a lot. Alaska is a bit of an anomaly.

Has anyone gotten these? We have sailed 5 times as elite and haven't seen them yet. I tried to ask about them once but the Captain's Circle Hostess totally blew me off with some lame story about being out of them because the ship had just returned from Europe. Made no sense to me and I bet they had them for the suites. Cabin stewards seemed clueless.

Yup, I get them all the time, though not all of them every cruise. As a matter of fact, this last cruise we bagged the rare and elusive gel eye mask. Makes getting the sizzle mitt look like scooping fish in a barrel.

Is the linen spray one of the upgraded amenities? We seem to be landing that one almost every cruise now.

On my last Alaska cruise on Pacific Princess there were only 5 elite cabins. If you are on a TransAtlantic you will find 10% elite (Crown just across had 2400 passengers and 237 elite) in the Caribbean you will find a lot. Alaska is a bit of an anomaly.
On my last Alaska cruise, there were 18 of us Elites on the Diamond, compared to several hundred in Mexico on the Sapphire .

2 years ago we were Elite on board Sun Princess around Australia, only 10 Elites on board, they made up the numbers for Captains Lunch with Platinums. So not too many Aussie Elites.

Is the linen spray one of the upgraded amenities? We seem to be landing that one almost every cruise now.

Not sure about the linen spray or if it is ship specific. We received it last month (Elite in outside cabin) along with a sewing kit and something else. But, the next week, when we had a full suite on the CB we didn't get the linen spray but we (of course) did have the eye mask as it is an auto full-suite perk!

Archived