Did Anyone Else get the Loyalty Program Survey from HAL?

Received the survey also. I thought it was becuase I called HAL that morning regarding my account. The survey showed up in my spam folder so many people might miss it if they do not check their spammail.

JTL is one of the most helpful poster on this board. I also thought the post with all the "puncuation" was a bit over the top also.

I "skewered and flamed" you for asking a question? Your post wasn't a question, it was an angry complaint about my referring to cabin classes by their letter designations. Here is the actual exchange on Mar 26, 2010:

Yes, the crack and smiley at the end were sarcastic, but I don't consider someone who has been a Cruise Critic member 9 months longer than I have a "Newbie" who should need cabin classifications "spelled out" ... if such were even possible.

To my knowledge, there is no other way to describe different cabin categories other than VA, VB, SA etc. If you are on the HAL web site trying to fine out info on a cabin, that is how the are categorized. Did you e-mail HAL and ask them "what the hell is a VA" ? There are much nicer ways to ask a question.

To my knowledge, there is no other way to describe different cabin categories other than VA, VB, SA etc. If you are on the HAL web site trying to fine out info on a cabin, that is how the are categorized. Did you e-mail HAL and ask them "what the hell is a VA" ? There are much nicer ways to ask a question.
If I had "spelled out" Verandah A, Verandah F, etc I think most of the people on this forum would have wondered "what in the hell" I was talking about, or why I was doing it! :D

Sorry, Dizzy Dallas Di, I didn't mean to divert your thread with my little quip about don carlos' keyboard.

I got a survey from HAL today asking all sorts of questions about cruise line loyalty programs. There were many questions asked about my interest in a sort of transfer of "loyalty points" between HAL, Carnival and Princess, i.e., if I had achieved a certain level on HAL would it make me happy to have the equivalent of reward perks on one of the Carnival Corp. sister ships. This survey leads me to believe that Carnival Corp. is considering a cross-the-board cruise line reward program whereby your achieved level will be acknowledged by all of their lines.

I've only sailed on HAL twice so the recipients of this survey must be totally random. Did anyone else get this survey?

This would be great since we sail HAL & Princess. We currently get 500 free internet minutes on Princess. The crossover would also allow us to have free laundry on Princess.

If I had "spelled out" Verandah A, Verandah F, etc I think most of the people on this forum would have wondered "what in the hell" I was talking about, or why I was doing it! :D

Sorry, Dizzy Dallas Di, I didn't mean to divert your thread with my little quip about don carlos' keyboard.

No prob...thread drift can sometimes be more interesting than the original topic. ;)

Archived