Help ASAP Carnival Miracle 5/15/10

Luckyroot

Hoping someone here can help. trying to find out the itinerary of the Miracle that sailed out of NYC on Saturday, 5/15/10. My friend's daughter & SIL are on the cruise - didn't leave itinerary with her mom, and grandmother passed away last night. Trying to help my non-computer friend find info on how to get in touch with her daughter, and I have no experience with Carnival what so ever.

If anyone can post the itinerary (or where to find it) and a contact number to call the ship (I'll be surfing Carnival site too). She wants to get all the info she can BEFORE she calls and ruins her daughters vacation......if she can't get her home, she may just wait and break the news when they pick them up this Sunday.

Thanks for any assistance, I know cruise critic folks are very helpful.

Hoping someone here can help. trying to find out the itinerary of the Miracle that sailed out of NYC on Saturday, 5/15/10. My friend's daughter & SIL are on the cruise - didn't leave itinerary with her mom, and grandmother passed away last night. Trying to help my non-computer friend find info on how to get in touch with her daughter, and I have no experience with Carnival what so ever.

If anyone can post the itinerary (or where to find it) and a contact number to call the ship (I'll be surfing Carnival site too). She wants to get all the info she can BEFORE she calls and ruins her daughters vacation......if she can't get her home, she may just wait and break the news when they pick them up this Sunday.

Thanks for any assistance, I know cruise critic folks are very helpful.

Try calling Carnival and asking?

Also, in consideration to flying home from a foreign port...

did she have a passport or just use a drivers license and birth certificate

hope this helps.....

DayLocationArrivalDeparture1New York, New York--04:00 PM2Fun Day At Sea----3Fun Day At Sea----4Grand Turk, Turks And Caicos07:00 AM03:00 PM5Half Moon Cay, Bahamas09:00 AM05:00 PM6Nassau, Bahamas07:00 AM06:00 PM7Fun Day At Sea----8Fun Day At Sea----9New York, New York08:00 AM--

Yup, start with 1-800-CARNIVAL and hopefully someone there will be able to help you.

I will tell you that in my family, when we go on vacation and if something bad should happen, we have a rule... NEVER call as it could very well be the last time you're having a vacation and good time for a long time... Thats our rule... might not work for everyone...

Lucky,

Try posting on their roll call for a possible fellow passenger contact. Maybe someone would be kind enough to let the daughter know to phone home at her earliest convenience. If it were MY family, we wouldn't call.

Good Luck!

Your best bet is to call the Carnival 1-800 number. They can and will contact the ship directly for you. I know for a fact that they will do this as they did it for my Mother a couple of years ago. On the ship they paged me and flagged my S&S card for when it was used. I went to buy a drink at one of the bars and the bartender told me that I needed to go see the Purser. He called home for me using the phone in his office and I was able to talk to my family about the emergency. Turned out not to be so much of an actual emergency but Carnival was very helpful none the less. No charges for the call.

Yup, start with 1-800-CARNIVAL and hopefully someone there will be able to help you.

I will tell you that in my family, when we go on vacation and if something bad should happen, we have a rule... NEVER call as it could very well be the last time you're having a vacation and good time for a long time... Thats our rule... might not work for everyone...

It would work for me.

Unless they are making funeral arrangements that would occur while I was gone I would prefer to be told when I get home. There is nothing I can do..

1.) Do they have insurance to cover flights home from a foreign port?

2.) Do they have the necessary documents to even do that?

3.) If you dont have insurance can they afford the flights home..

All of this can either ruin the vacation and they can't get home anyway. And they will feel guilty ect.

Just tell me when I get home and I can work thru it then..

That's sorta been our rule too. I've told the dh in the past if one of the old cats dies while I'm away at a conference, DON'T TELL ME. There's nothing I can do, and I have business to take care of.

Turns out they have postponed the wake until the cruise returns, so they aren't going to call. My friend was frantic and I had very little to go on. Finally did call Carnival customer service (wow, it was hard finding a phone number.........every link was email!) and they were also very helpful.

Thanks again to everyone who offered helpful advice.

Archived