**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Well, I had to go and look up the Duck Boat accident. How in the world do these things happen? I guess it's true -- you just can't fix stupid.

Very tragic.. two young men died. Will make me think twice about taking my elderly mother on one, though.

Mary

Mary, I understand how you feel although tragic accidents can happen any time, any place. I have been on a Duck Boat in Ft Lauderdale which was great, and in Ketchikan which I THOROUGHLY enjoyed. IMO it is one of the safest, easiest ways to sightsee, usually.

Mary, I understand how you feel although tragic accidents can happen any time, any place. I have been on a Duck Boat in Ft Lauderdale which was great, and in Ketchikan which I THOROUGHLY enjoyed. IMO it is one of the safest, easiest ways to sightsee, usually.

You are right .... My mother really enjoyed our boat ride to Misty Fjord from Ketchican. Mechanical problems are always possible, but rarely occur. She enjoyed our float trip in Skagway too. The raft can always flip over. I guess the old saying... No risk, no reward is true.

Get ready.. Get set... There's a Duck Tour in Honolulu too...:D

Mary

Acutally there's an excursion that includes Haunama Bay, the USS Arizona and the Duck tour.... that's quite nice if it includes snorkeling at Hunama Bay.

I just might make it a quest to find every Duck Boat I can!!

Linda, the Bainbridge Island Ferry is really at or near the top of my list too.

I agree about the ferry to Bainbridge. If the weather is nice while we are there I think we should go for it. :D

Acutally there's an excursion that includes Haunama Bay, the USS Arizona and the Duck tour.... that's quite nice if it includes snorkeling at Hunama Bay.

If snorkeling is included that does sound nice. Except then we would have carry our snorkel gear with us....

Hey there ladies. Hope everyone had a great weekend. The wife and I just got back from 4 nights at Disney's Vero Beach resort. We make the trip every year at this time, and its a great time of R&R. Not one drop of rain while we were there, although the ocean was too calm for any boogie boarding;)

Had an awesome encounter with a sea turtle coming ashore in the middle of the night to lay eggs. It was about 9pm and the thing climbed all the way to the top of a hill to lay them. I have no idea how it made it cause she was enormous! Was pretty cool, although it was so dark she was pretty much just a black silhouette. Rented a kayak the next day and saw at least 20 of them close up in the ocean. Really neat animals. The long and the short of this story is that it really made me look forward to Alaska next year and the wildlife..

Hope everyone is well. Yes Linda, I'm with you in that I'm ready for college football season. With World Cup over, and the Open this week, soon I'll have no sports to watch...

Had an awesome encounter with a sea turtle coming ashore in the middle of the night to lay eggs. It was about 9pm and the thing climbed all the way to the top of a hill to lay them. I have no idea how it made it cause she was enormous! Was pretty cool, although it was so dark she was pretty much just a black silhouette. Rented a kayak the next day and saw at least 20 of them close up in the ocean. Really neat animals. The long and the short of this story is that it really made me look forward to Alaska next year and the wildlife..

Wow DJ, that must have been some experience! I haven't seen that in years around here. I think it is limited to the barrier islands but I think Indian Rocks Beach still gets some returning turtles. When I lived out there I used to see the Turtle Patrol officers checking the beach every morning and marking the nests. :)

Hope everyone is well. Yes Linda, I'm with you in that I'm ready for college football season. With World Cup over, and the Open this week, soon I'll have no sports to watch...

It's about 7 weeks until the college season begins? How many weeks until the Pro pre-season? Three or four?

I'm not a MLB fan, so like Deej, I'll be in withdrawal until then.

Have a good week. Stay cool... turn down the AC!

Mary

Hi all,

We are just checking in on this lovely Friday afternoon! It's HOT and HUMID here in San Diego, a little unusual for us given the typical balmy 75 degrees. It rained and we even had a thunder storm last night! Very strange indeed...

We have finalized our vacation requests for this trip and DH and I have decided to take the Coastal Cruise on the Sapphire North for 7 nights before getting on this Golden cruise. So we will be sailing for 14 days. I sure hope it's not too long. :) The longest I have ever done is 7 days so far...

Also, DH was thinking we should drive home from Seattle instead of flying so we can take some photographs. We are both avid amateur photogs and although the drive sounds kinda looong, it would be a chance to see places we've never been to.

So we may be away for about 17 days from work. Any chance the world will fall apart without us? :D If so, we don't even have to go back to work when we get home. :) :)

We are really looking forward to this cruise. No idea what excursions to do yet though. We've been to Alaska once so far so we may just rent cars and drive around at each port. Who knows.

Oh, and it'll be my 40th birthday on this trip. Double :eek:.

Katherine

Good Morning....

Katherine, your plans sound like a great adventure as well as a great time of relaxation. I would be very excited.

Just more of the same here... hot weather. We did have rain last night with more predicted for this afternoon.

Non-stop flights on CO from Seattle with with miles still haven't opened up. Glad I booked, though. Availability on the flight to Vancouver is now gone.

Had dinner with my friends from Hawaii this week. I thought of your Hawaii cruise. A trip to Hawaii may be in our future....

Off to church... Have a good week, everyone.

Mary

43902714_Harley002.jpg.67f91c6038bffb6aee3610a6d06f9781.jpg

We have just booked the cruise and are looking forward to seeing Alaska. I promised my wife I would take her for our 10th wedding anniversery which is the day we sail. I have been reading your posts and it seems all are ready to go. We look forward to meeting all of you on the sail away party. A little about us, we live in a small town called St Cloud, Florida which is just outside Kissimmee, Fl. This is the 1st time we will be flying to a cruise port, living in Florida makes it very easy to go to all the ports and not having to travel by plane to get to them.

[attach]162681[/attach]

We have just booked the cruise and are looking forward to seeing Alaska. I promised my wife I would take her for our 10th wedding anniversery which is the day we sail. I have been reading your posts and it seems all are ready to go. We look forward to meeting all of you on the sail away party. A little about us, we live in a small town called St Cloud, Florida which is just outside Kissimmee, Fl. This is the 1st time we will be flying to a cruise port, living in Florida makes it very easy to go to all the ports and not having to travel by plane to get to them.

First off....GO Gators!

It seems we have much in common, besides our love of the Orange and Blue. This will also be our first cruise where flying is involved. My uncles family lives in St. Cloud, so I've spent a bit of time there over the years. Anyway, welcome to the club...I think I was the last to join, so its nice to not be the newbie anymore:)

Good Morning!

It seems like Florida and Texas are well represented on this cruise....

Welcome, gatorpwr... You'll fit right in with all of us sports nuts. We're all counting the days until football starts.

I'm headed back to Austin at the end of the week. My DH is going to Calgary next week... Maybe he'll get a break from the heat.

I saw that someone booked one of the window suites next to us. At least we won't be alone!

Mary

Archived