Nice Hotel in Tampa

gog

Looking for a nice hotel close to the airport or pier. Transportation would be nice. Any good or bad experiences would be great. Thanks

We stayed at the Howard Johnson downtown plaza.. was a nice hotel clean.. and has a shuttle that will take you within a 3 mile radius of the hotel.. shuttle will pick you up at the airport and take you to the pier... we enjoyed it and it was a great price...;)

You may find better luck on the Florida boards tho.. here is the link..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I agree with Cruise Pirate.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ybor City in Feb/March of 2009.

Free shuttle (plus tip) to the Pier.

Half block from streetcar stop (streetcar barn is next door). It takes you from one end of Ybor City to the other.

Take the streetcar to the end and walk back down the streets to the hotel. You will pass many restaurants/pubs/bars with a variety of ethnic foods. Wonderful atmosphere as well.

Tampa/Ybor City is my favorite Port to cruise from.

Good luck,

Lee

I sailed on the Legend earlier this month and the night before we stayed at the Sheraton Suites Airport. They have airport shuttle and will take you to places nearby the hotel. There's a couple of malls nearby. They also have shuttle service to the pier the next day. I think that was $12 each. It was a great deal for me, as I used Starwood points and had a free night there.

Renaissance at the airport. Shares the same area as an upscale mall with many dining options. Can easily take a cab.

I have not stayed here but have seen this hotel and it is gorgeous. It is almost adjacent to the International Plaza that has many upscale shops and restaurants. A very nice, safe and clean area not too far from the airport and apx. 6 miles from the port. A taxi ride would not be bad at all. :)

The Residence Inn or Courtyard by Marriott downtown are both nice. Neither has an airport shuttle (25 dollar taxi ride) but they have a free shuttle within 2 miles of the hotel including a Publix, Channelside and Ybor City. Both share a pool area and are about a mile from the pier.

The Residence Inn usually costs a bit more but has breakfast included. At the Courtyard, you can buy breakfast for about 10 dollars per person.

Holiday Inn Express --- Tampa/Rocky Point Island

They provide transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to cruise pier and cruise pier back to airport. Bahama Breeze is right across the parking lot. Seems to be a pretty popular place, I've got it booked for October (as well as quite a few from our roll call).

3025 North Rocky Point Drive

Tampa, FL 33607

(813) 287-8585

I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt in downtown, I believe they do have transportation to and from the port, they are located about 3 minutes from the port.

2900 Bayport Drive

Tampa, FL 33607

(813) 874-1234

I got them on Hotwire for 60.00 a night, 4 stare hotel one of my favorites.

I am not sure if you are looking to save money, but we were and so we stayed in the Country Inn and Suites in Brandon, FL. It was nice, clean and only about 15mins from the port. It was $77 per night for a room with 2 Q and a pull out sofa. It also includes hot breakfast.

Hi

We have stayed at Hyatt Place twice in the last year they have a shuttle that you can use to the port and to go out to dinner.

Nice rooms and used priceline and got it for 47 dollars plus fees.

Hope this helps

Pat

Myrtle Beach, SC

I second the Holiday Inn Express in Rocky Point...For only $119 a night, we have no worries once we land. As stated above, they are essentially your drivers while in Tampa. The fact that you are by the water is another nice touch.

I agree with Cruise Pirate.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ybor City in Feb/March of 2009.

Free shuttle (plus tip) to the Pier.

Half block from streetcar stop (streetcar barn is next door). It takes you from one end of Ybor City to the other.

Take the streetcar to the end and walk back down the streets to the hotel. You will pass many restaurants/pubs/bars with a variety of ethnic foods. Wonderful atmosphere as well.

Tampa/Ybor City is my favorite Port to cruise from.

Good luck,

Lee

Staying at this hotel in a couple weeks--is there a drugstore/supermarket/ any kind of store that would sell case of bottled water, other assorted travel sized items so I don't have to pack as much? If not one in walking distance, is there one on the trolley route or accessible by the shuttle?

Looking for a nice hotel close to the airport or pier. Transportation would be nice. Any good or bad experiences would be great. Thanks

For ease and convenience the Airport Marriott is a good choice. The terminal and hotel lobby are connected. You simply wheel your bags to the lobby. No intermediate taxi needed.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tpaap-tampa-airport-marriott/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34678-d85906-Reviews-Marriott_Tampa_Airport-Tampa_Florida.html

We are staying at the Springhill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport. We needed a room that slept 5. Plus it has a free breakfast in the morning that is slightly better than continental (waffles, breakfast sandwiches, etc). I got it for $80 per night with AAA. It was $89 without AAA. They have a free shuttle to/from the airport.

I've read that this hotel has a shuttle that will take you to restaurants, etc. in the area.

Maggie

We stayed at the Comfort Inn near the airport. Nice grounds, predictable breakfast, shuttle to port if needed (we had our car) Best part was that you could walk one block to Steinbrenner Field. We caught a doubleheader between the Tampa Yankees and St Lucie Mets.

Haven't stayed yet, but we're booked next Saturday night at Chase Suites. Got a "park and cruise" type special. We'll be spending about $145 (inc tax) for our room, parking, breakfast buffet, and transportation to and from pier.

I haven't booked our pre-cruise room yet for December.

I have Choice Hotel points (Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, etc.) that I'll try to use, but I can't book with points until 30 days prior to the stay. :mad:

If that doesn't pan out, my PVP recommended Sheaton Riverwalk, which looks nice. I would likely book that on Priceline.

Archived