Can I make a 10:55 am flight out of LAX??

:confused: We are cruising on the Star next April and will arrive back in port at 8:00 am. Would I be crazy to book a flight out of LAX at 10:55??? If I have transportation waiting for us--pre-arranged Super Shuttle, or is this just way too close.? I can get non-stop flights out of Cincy to LAX but the time in the morning is what has me freaking out.

I'm a realist, so be honest with what you think--thanks!

In a perfect world you might make it, but all it would take is a traffic jam, customs holding disembarkation, etc. for you to miss the flight. I wouldn't do it. I'd be a nervous wreck at the end of the cruise worrying about making the flight :(

When we flew out of LAX in Nov, Super Shuttle got us there without delay. We were flying SouthWest. The Southwest lines were out the doors and up the street (three cruise ships had docked at about the same time and we were last). After finally working up to a checkin, we then had to carry our own baggage to TSA security and present it to the scanners. I then thought that was about it. Not!!! We then had to get in the passenger TSA screnning line. That was back out the door and lined up for half a block up the street and then snaking through the terminal to a screening point. There were persons missing flights left and right. I will give credit to all the SWA and TSA employees. They did the very best they could but just too many passengers at one time. I understand that is not uncommon at LAX. Personally, I wouldn't try a flight before early afternoon.

just the stress alone is enough to ruin a vacation..

i thought we did a great job of debarkation from the Star..

we debarked early taking carrying our own luggage..and i mean

EARLY..we must have been right at the front of the line..off by

8:30am and one of the first to catch a cab...at LAX shortly after

9am..

if your scenerio go s like mine you ll make your flight..but, there s too

many things that could delay you..DO YOU FEEL LUCKY?:)

I would not try it. We were on the Pearl in April, disembarking in LA. Customs and Border Patrol insisted on having the passengers go through customs ON the ship. (This also happened disembarking in LA on a Crystal Cruises in 2008). It was a ZOO!! :eek: They were running late, people were very angry (as if it was NCL's fault). There were lines running all over deck 7 (I think). I suppose it is possible if you a) are in a suite, and/or b) do a walk yourself off carrying your own luggage.

In addition, LAX is well known that you need to get there at least 2 hours before departure to get checked in and through TSA. It is a huge airport with long corridors.

:confused: We are cruising on the Star next April and will arrive back in port at 8:00 am. Would I be crazy to book a flight out of LAX at 10:55??? If I have transportation waiting for us--pre-arranged Super Shuttle, or is this just way too close.? I can get non-stop flights out of Cincy to LAX but the time in the morning is what has me freaking out.

I'm a realist, so be honest with what you think--thanks!

Yeah you would be crazy.:rolleyes: I'm a realist and would book a flight early afternoon or even the next morning. I'm totally amazed at how in a hurry people are to get off the ship to make a morning flight, miss it and find blame with someone else. There are thousands of cruisers trying to do the same thing and ruins that fantastic cruise vacation IMHO. So don't freak out and leave later.

That would be cutting it way too close for me. We live in LA and have had some nightmare-ish lines at LAX, just as PPs have mentioned. That is one airport where you really need to give yourself some wiggle room.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I kind of figured that this would not be a possibility--looks like I'll be doing non-stop on the way there and a layover on the way back. I don't want to end a fantastic 20 year anniversary cruise by having my head pop off from the stress of trying to make a flight!!

Thanks again to everyone--have a great Memorial Weekend and remember the purpose of this holiday, honor our troops fighting for our way of life!!!!:D

I would not try it. We were on the Pearl in April, disembarking in LA. Customs and Border Patrol insisted on having the passengers go through customs ON the ship. (This also happened disembarking in LA on a Crystal Cruises in 2008). It was a ZOO!! :eek: They were running late, people were very angry (as if it was NCL's fault). There were lines running all over deck 7 (I think). I suppose it is possible if you a) are in a suite, and/or b) do a walk yourself off carrying your own luggage.

In addition, LAX is well known that you need to get there at least 2 hours before departure to get checked in and through TSA. It is a huge airport with long corridors.

same thing happened to us on the Star about 3 years ago, it was awful..

Nita

Thank you to everyone who responded. I kind of figured that this would not be a possibility--looks like I'll be doing non-stop on the way there and a layover on the way back. I don't want to end a fantastic 20 year anniversary cruise by having my head pop off from the stress of trying to make a flight!!

Thanks again to everyone--have a great Memorial Weekend and remember the purpose of this holiday, honor our troops fighting for our way of life!!!!:D

Smart move, just off cruise in January out of LAX . . . ship was late getting in and SuperShuttle was terrible in a situation where time was close. Don't get me wrong, if I wasn't in a rush, SuperShuttle would be fantastic . . .but it's not like you jump on and they leave. They wait for the van to be full before they leave. Not a big deal, unless you're trying to catch a 10:55 flight :o

Archived