Advantages to booking onboard, deposit on a 14day (non-suite)??

I have never done this before. Since it is for a late 2011 cruise I'm hoping the deposit would be less. There is no info required deposits on the RCCL website aside from numerous inquiries about why they increase the deposit on suites.

Not exactly sure of what u r asking. We bought next cruise certificate last year. since we paid $100 per certificate that was considered our down payment. We just booked a cruise for Dec 2011, and we booked four cabins. since we used our next cruise certificates we did not need to put anymore money down. Is this what u r asking?

If you book your next trip while onboard it's only $100 deposit per person regardless of room type (I believe), but if you wait until after you come back it goes up. I believe the deposits are based on the number of days and not the room type. Because when comparing the different cabin types on our upcoming cruise the deposit ammount stayed the same. Might differ for suites.... never checked so I don't know.

On that note, I emailed C&A the day after our cruise and they honored the $100 deposit on our next cruise.. which made me a very happy camper.

I have never done this before. Since it is for a late 2011 cruise I'm hoping the deposit would be less. There is no info required deposits on the RCCL website aside from numerous inquiries about why they increase the deposit on suites.

Booking a specific cruise on board your deposit will be $100pp for a JS cabin or below and you will receive a $300 OBC for a 14+ day cruise.

The reason that they increased the deposit for suites was to discourage those people that book them and then before final payment is due they cancel. If you are serious about a specific cruise and a specific suite then paying a double deposit isn't a big deal.

Sorry I wasn't clear when I asked my question. It was adressed to an actual booking on a specific cruise, not a the purchase of a future cruise certificate. It's good to know that you do get a break on the amount of the deposit. I would hate to give RCCL any more of a "float" then I have to. Even if it is $200 that is great. I booked a 12 day last year to the Panama Canal & I think the deposit was around $400pp. I just wasn't sure if RCCL had done any deposit increases beyond the recent change on the suites. The amount of required deposit is pretty basic info so I was surprised there was no info on the cruiseline's website.

• 3 weeks later...

We're on a RCI cruise next week and want to book out January 2012 cruise onboard, this would be a 11night southern Caribbean. The suite prices (GS) have been reasonable, so we were thinking of splurging. Just out of curiosity, would we pay $100 for both of us, or $100 each (total $200) or twice the deposit for a GS ($200) or twice the deposit per person (total $400)? Kind of confused, any help is appreciated...

The reason that they increased the deposit for suites was to discourage those people that book them and then before final payment is due they cancel. If you are serious about a specific cruise and a specific suite then paying a double deposit isn't a big deal.

Maybe not for you, It's a bid deal for me!!

We're on a RCI cruise next week and want to book out January 2012 cruise onboard, this would be a 11night southern Caribbean. The suite prices (GS) have been reasonable, so we were thinking of splurging. Just out of curiosity, would we pay $100 for both of us, or $100 each (total $200) or twice the deposit for a GS ($200) or twice the deposit per person (total $400)? Kind of confused, any help is appreciated...

When booking a GS cabin or higher the deposit is doubled per person and has been so for approx. one year. The normal deposit now is....

$100pp for a 3-5 night cruise

$250pp for a 6-9 night cruise

$450pp for a 10+ night cruise

When this thread was started it was prior to the June 1 announcement of C&A changes in benefits.

Now when booking on board you will get an OBC for the length of your cruise and you can combine either a Balcony/Suite Discount or a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

New OBC Plus Platinum ~ Diamond ~ Diamond Plus Balcony Discounts as of June 1, 2010

Maybe not for you, It's a bid deal for me!!

I absolutely agree with you, but I didn't set the requirement of the deposit being doubled, RCI did.

Q: Why are we increasing our deposits on suites? s.gif

A: Suites are in high demand, but we have limited inventory. This policy will help to provide available inventory for those guests who are confident in their category selection.

Booking a specific cruise on board your deposit will be $100pp for a JS cabin or below and you will receive a $300 OBC for a 14+ day cruise.

Sorry but everytime I read about deposits I'm getting more confused...

1. Book during June special ..JS 7 nt....dep amt pp. ?.. OBC amt ?

2. Book onboard same specifics ?

Which way would be better ? How do I get the 100pp deposit.... Maybe I'll get it this time around.;) Thanks

Sorry but everytime I read about deposits I'm getting more confused...

1. Book during June special ..JS 7 nt....dep amt pp. ?.. OBC amt ?

2. Book onboard same specifics ?

Which way would be better ? How do I get the 100pp deposit.... Maybe I'll get it this time around.;) Thanks

The only way to get the $100pp deposit is to make a Why Not Decide Later booking (aka NextCruise) which is a booking for a non-specific cruise. This type of booking can only be done while on a cruise. OBC will be determined by the length of the cruise and if you book a balcony and are P/D/D+ or a C&A Savings Certificate becomes available you will be able to now combine one of the benefits with your OBC.

As of June 1, when booking a specific cruise you must pay the full deposit and if you are booking a GS or above that deposit will be doubled.

If you book during the Special June Booking Bonus from home, you will pay the full deposit but get an OBC and one other benefit.

If you book a specific cruise while on board you will also get an OBC and one other benefit.

Shareholder OBC can not be combined with anything no matter if you book on a ship or from your home.

For a 7 night cruise your deposit would be $250pp and your OBC would be $100 per cabin.

cruisenfever- great summary, thanks! There are so many things going on right now I am sure we all want to work it to our advantage (best deal possible). I will wait to book my cruise while onboard next week, that way I get the $100pp deposit, onboard credit, and there is a savings certificate as well. The only question I am left with is if I book onboard "Next Cruise", does the $100pp deposit double if I book a GS or higher?

cruisenfever- great summary, thanks! There are so many things going on right now I am sure we all want to work it to our advantage (best deal possible). I will wait to book my cruise while onboard next week, that way I get the $100pp deposit, onboard credit, and there is a savings certificate as well. The only question I am left with is if I book onboard "Next Cruise", does the $100pp deposit double if I book a GS or higher?

No, you will not pay a double deposit because the NC is only a booking number for a non-specific cruise so you will not be picking out anything in the way of itinerary or cabin. It's essentially a piece of paper with a number on it.

Once you go home and decide what ship/itinerary you want then you will use that NC booking number when you make your cabin selection you will have to pay the double deposit. At this time it will be determined what your OBC is and then you get to select another benefit.

Hi KoKo1,

I found this web link that breaks down the deposit requirements in detail. It appears to be from RCI:

http://promotions.tpionline.com/promotions/supplier_html/monday/rci_111609.pdf

One gripe we have about all this is we received the RCI Mailer with the on-board credit "booked from home" prior to June 30, 2010... Since we were going on the Monarch on June 18th we decided to just get the OB Credit on board, but the LA on the Monarch told us we'd have to pay $1800. deposit, or if we wanted we could just do it on line and get the OB credit as long as it was before June 30th. We didn't see the small print that the cruise had to be after May 1, 2010. We "were" looking at the Dec 2010 Panama cruise, 11 night. So we were sadly misinformed by the Monarch LA because she knew which date it was for... and we missed out on the $150 OB credits. We just got back from the Monarch June 18th cruise and booked "On Line" the Panama cruise in a GS and it only asked for a $900 deposit for two people, not the double deposit for GS and above. So they must have a glitch in their on line computer system. The LA on board the Monarch said she'd have to "override" the system and charge the $1800 deposit.

Archived