NY Disembarkation - Time?

avalon1025

Does anyone know approx. what time self disembarkation begins after a TA (in Brooklyn)? My flight was just changed and what to make sure we can make it. Thanks!

For self-help disembarkation we have usually been off by 7am. Last month it was 6.35am.

Gari

When do you arrive? I believe for the time being QM2 may be docking in Manhattan instead of Red Hook due to damage done to a gangway by the Caribbean Princess when it docked during high winds on 5/9 (though the Caribbean Princess has continued docking in Brooklyn since then).

FYI, the Caribbean Princess came in late on 5/9 and was further delayed due to the gangway problem. I think they started disembarking some time after 9 am. Friends that were originally in the 9 am disembarkation group made it off the ship about 10:10 am. Others that had earlier time slots disembarked after them. Suite passeners were delayed due their baggage not being offloaded first. So, you never know what could happen.

Once we did self-disembarkation only once (I think it was QM2 4th of July 2008 cruise). It was an absolute nightmare because they had some problem (with the gangway, I suppose---the exact problem wasn't explained). Long lines of passengers carrying their bags were directed and redirected to different points of the ship for over an hour until they finally got a gangway secure. Not a happy experience.:eek:

I understand that kind of thing doesn't happen often, but best to factor in that it can happen. -S.

When do you arrive? I believe for the time being QM2 may be docking in Manhattan instead of Red Hook due to damage done to a gangway by the Caribbean Princess when it docked during high winds on 5/9 (though the Caribbean Princess has continued docking in Brooklyn since then).

FYI, the Caribbean Princess came in late on 5/9 and was further delayed due to the gangway problem. I think they started disembarking some time after 9 am. Friends that were originally in the 9 am disembarkation group made it off the ship about 10:10 am. Others that had earlier time slots disembarked after them. Suite passeners were delayed due their baggage not being offloaded first. So, you never know what could happen.

Just got confirmation from on board that it's to be Brooklyn on June 7th.

In my experience, cabs are surprisingly "iffy" at Red Hook when QM2 arrives. I've seen people standing around in line waiting for cabs to show up. So to be on the safe side, you might inquire with Cunard about their transfer to JFK (be sure they know the time of your flight) or pre-arrange a car with one of the services in NYC.

Archived