How to get to Tobacco Bay from the Dockyard using the ferry and bus

fgc15527

Hi,

I was interested in finding out how to get to Tobacco Bay Beach from the Dockyard using the ferry and bus pass. I was also wondering if they have chairs and umbrellas to rent as well as food/drinks to buy. Thanks

Take the ferry to St. George and either walk up the hill (about 10-15 minutes) or take the shuttle for $3. If you can find someone to share a cab from the square in St. George it will be quicker and cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

getting to tobacco bay is very simple,, you just take the ferry from dockyard to st george, from there you may catch the mini bus,, this i think was $4.00 p/p,, a local store called for us as the shuttle was not their when we arrived, honestly i think it is just as easy to take a taxi, as the distance is not that far, but it is a big hill, it is scenic as said previous, you can also get a taxi back to st george or the mini bus just ask at concession stand at tobacco bay they are very nice there. i would not recommend the bus from dockyard, it is about 1 1/2 hr to 2 hr ride, unless you want to see the island it is nice to see, but can be long ride , have done both ways, i prefer the ferry so much easier. also the ferry does not run on the weekend to st george , as it is more for local commuters.

Archived