Just off the Fantasy, 5-30-10

That tour you took in Nassau how did you book it? With whom did you book it through? My DD and SIL will be here in July and this my be a good tour for them. Thanks for the info. I will pass this blog on to her to read. Thanks, enjoyed reading it. We was in Tampa terminal and some one had bash the window out of the car next to us and and stole thing out of it. Cars are not safe any where.

I have been there too with a brand new (2 months old) car got up in the morning to go to work and it wasn't there.

You live in Florence so you know where Anderson is and it's not that far from Atlanta. Maybe they travelled with a group tour and they hooked up with an Atlanta group?? All I can think of.

Love your Gold Wing avatar! Use to ride Wings myself. Was GWRRA Chapter A rep (OHIO) years ago!

Do you know of any hotels in the Charleston area that will allow us to leave our car during the cruise? We'll be spending 2 nights in CHAS prior to our cruise.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

:cool:Bill

Do you know of any hotels in the Charleston area that will allow us to leave our car during the cruise? We'll be spending 2 nights in CHAS prior to our cruise.

I know Hampton Inn Historic District http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=CHSHDHX

doesnt really have a stay & cruise package or whatever it is called. But we stayed there over the winter and the parking garage is right beside the hotel. $12/day to park I think. Plus it made it handy walking to the neat places in historic district. The general manager Kevin is great too!

Jennifer

That tour you took in Nassau how did you book it? With whom did you book it through? My DD and SIL will be here in July and this my be a good tour for them. Thanks for the info. I will pass this blog on to her to read. Thanks, enjoyed reading it. We was in Tampa terminal and some one had bash the window out of the car next to us and and stole thing out of it. Cars are not safe any where.

Here's the website for Taste of Nassau:

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauIslandTour.htm

It was with a company called Island Marketing. They have tours in some other ports as well. Basically, you use your credit card to guarantee your spot on the tour, and after you're done with the tour, you just pay the tour guide. Really easy. I was surprised he didn't ask for the money up front but he didn't.

It's a really good tour, and it's also good for any age. Like we had everyone from kids to seniors on ours, you don't have to walk a whole ton either or be out in the hot sun for hours on end.

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites Marriott property about 3 miles away from the city. Park and ride included with your room. 160.00, and they were VERY accomidating as we had a large party.

I just read some of your review and got a chuckle that you got labled as a 'mr.' on your sign and sail. They did the same thing with me, only i was a Mrs. the whole time.

Yeah, I'm glad they changed it! I'm going to put the card in my scrapbook. I wish they had let me keep the old card, but they wouldn't do that :(.

I'm writing the Freeport stuff up now, so it should be posted sometime this weekend! Then I'll do Key West which will probably be super long and I may have to divide it out into two entries... we'll see.

Love your Gold Wing avatar! Use to ride Wings myself. Was GWRRA Chapter A rep (OHIO) years ago!

:cool:Bill

Radisson Residence in Ripley Point is a very nice location at a marina on the Ashley River overlooking downtown Charleston. Short 5 minute drive and you are in the historic district. We belong to GWRRA Chapter G

Here's the website for Taste of Nassau:

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauIslandTour.htm

It was with a company called Island Marketing. They have tours in some other ports as well. Basically, you use your credit card to guarantee your spot on the tour, and after you're done with the tour, you just pay the tour guide. Really easy. I was surprised he didn't ask for the money up front but he didn't.

It's a really good tour, and it's also good for any age. Like we had everyone from kids to seniors on ours, you don't have to walk a whole ton either or be out in the hot sun for hours on end.

How much was this tour?

The tour was $30 per person, which included that delicious lunch. We tipped the driver $10 each. He was really knowledgeable and friendly.

If I go back to Nassau (I really want to do a mom/daughter cruise), I would definitely do the tour again with my mom. The big perk is the food being included and that air-conditioned van. Living in SC, I'm used to hot weather, but it sure was nice to be driven around.

Another thing with the tour is that you get to go all over Nassau, and even though you don't get to stay anywhere for a really LONG time, you get to see a little of everything so you can figure out what you might want to do on your next cruise or that afternoon (if you're like us and your tour ends at 1:00 but you're in port until like 5:30).

Okay guys- it's been a day or two, but I've been really busy. Here's a review of our day in Key West, Fla. It's kinda long, but this port was pretty much the reason why we booked this cruise, so we really wanted to make the most of it. Enjoy!

http://proudpatriot07.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/cruise-recap-carnival-fantasy-day-5-key-west/

Archived