Super Bowl Floating Hotels

momofmeg

I heard last year when I was on the Miracle, that she would be docked in Jacksonville to be used as a hotel during the Super Bowl. This morning on the news they said 5 cruise ships were being used as floating hotels. Do any of you know the other four?

I heard last year when I was on the Miracle, that she would be docked in Jacksonville to be used as a hotel during the Super Bowl. This morning on the news they said 5 cruise ships were being used as floating hotels. Do any of you know the other four?

Ships being used are Holland America: Volendam, Zaandam & Zuiderdam

Carnival Miracle and Radisson Seven Seas Navigator.

Silversea Cruises Silver Whisper is also there as a private charter.

Thanks. We were looking at old videos the other night of a tour we took of the orginal Queen Mary in Los Angeles and noticed it was also a floating hotel and not just a museum.

Has anyone ever stayed on her? I wonder what she costs a night?

One year we stayed in a train car at the Holiday Inn at the chattanooga Choo Choo in chattanooga, TN. That was a let down to me. I thought it would be so "cool". But all they had done was put hotel furniture in a train car. The bathroom was pretty plain not as nice as a normal hotel room. I thought the cars would be filled with antiques and more of a "country inn" type air. I would had preferred a regular room in an Holiday Inn to that.

Hi:) I was down by SUPERFEST last night....it is on the River...and alot of fun:D

I got an up close look at the Radisson ship.....no, not a tour inside though;) but I do have a customer who was invited on the ship Wed night.......they are all suites and he and his wife got to stay overnight......I need to call him next week and find out all about their evening!

The Miracle is docked at Blount Island.......and the 3 HAL ships are by Talleyrand.

The Queen Mary isn't out of line with other good hotels in the area. It books up fast though. There aren't any rooms left for the night before our cruise next January. But, being a Friday night, there might be something going on that took up the rooms.

Since we had our kids with us, we booked a family room, it consisted of an ocean view room with a smaller room attached. The furniture seemed to be original (could have been refurbished) and some of the fixtures were original. The original fixtures were not working, but left in place for ambience.

We had dinner at Chelseas that evening, the kids stayed in the room and had pizza (kids are not real young). The next morning we did the Ghost and Legends tour, very campy and fun. It was a great way to start out a cruise and I would recommend it over any hotel in the area. If you can stay a Saturday night, they have a wonderful Sunday Brunch in the Grand Salon.

DanJ, keep checking, maybe something will turn up. If not and you haven't visited QM yet, she is worth spending the day with.

Since we had our kids with us, we booked a family room, it consisted of an ocean view room with a smaller room attached. The furniture seemed to be original (could have been refurbished) and some of the fixtures were original. The original fixtures were not working, but left in place for ambience.

We had dinner at Chelseas that evening, the kids stayed in the room and had pizza (kids are not real young). The next morning we did the Ghost and Legends tour, very campy and fun. It was a great way to start out a cruise and I would recommend it over any hotel in the area. If you can stay a Saturday night, they have a wonderful Sunday Brunch in the Grand Salon.

DanJ, keep checking, maybe something will turn up. If not and you haven't visited QM yet, she is worth spending the day with.

What a great idea to do that before a cruise. Hubby and I may do HAL Statendam to Hawaii in 3 years for our 25th. That is a super idea to spend the night before the cruise. What are the prices do you know? Or if you know their website I will just check there.

We went on the original Pacific Princess about 2 and a half years ago about a month before Princess sold her and loved it. I thought then that even though she was not that nice of a ship she would have made a great flaoting hotel for all us old Love Boat lovers.

http://www.queenmary.com

I just plugged in info for this Wednesday on their booking engine, and got rates from $84 up to over $300, depending on the category, and whether you have an original decor or a modern decor room.

I might just phone them and see if maybe they just don't have info for that far ahead in their booking engine yet, but I'm pretty sure I got rates for Jan 2006 when I first looked at that site about 5 months ago.

Archived