all things ELATION

JustJamieH

To see our photos (the good, the bad & the ugly) from our recent Elation out of Mobile, click on the link below and then click on play slide show:

http://photos2.walmart.com/walmart/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3493555002/a=5500950_5500950/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walmart/

When does Elation go into dry dock? Love Mobile would love the added balcony's to be added soon.

To see our photos (the good, the bad & the ugly) from our recent Elation out of Mobile, click on the link below and then click on play slide show:

http://photos2.walmart.com/walmart/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3493555002/a=5500950_5500950/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walmart/

Great Pics!!!! We (myself and 8 crusie virgins) are sailing on the Elation in Aug. This is just what they needed.

Thanks again!!

Hey guys, ive done two different cruises on the Elation, one 5 day to Ensenada and Cabo, and one 3 day to just Ensenada.

Loved them both. Ive only been ono the ELation and the Paradise which are basically the exact same thing, same set up just different decorations I think. I cant wait to check out the Splendor next year cause Im excited to see something different. If you have any questions about the Elation feel free to ask!

Is there any appreciable difference between the Inspiration or Imagination dining rooms?

Do you have your choice between the two? I'll assume the menu is the same in either.

The dining room setup is exactly the same, just different location. One of the main dining rooms is designated for anytime dining, while the other is setup for traditional dining. You will have to request one or the other at the time of booking, but there is no guarantee that you will be assigned according to your request; unless, you are a Platinum cruiser. If your dining room assignment is not to your liking, you do have the option of requesting a change by seeing the Maitre'D. And yes, the menu is the same in both dining rooms.

I haven't been on the Elation yet, but I'll let you know what I thought of her when I return in mid-Aug. I have been on two other Fantasy class ships, however, and I can tell you that despite their age, they are still my favorite class of ship. Not too big, not too small. My only complaint is the lack of non-suite balconies.

When does Elation go into dry dock? Love Mobile would love the added balcony's to be added soon.

I know that I read somewhere that she gets her added balconys sometime in early 2012, but I can no longer find it.

Beaming90...

we have had a room with the fold down bed each time we have sailed the last 2 years as we have a 12 yr old. and love it... they put it down at night and if we want they will put it up during the day... but we leave it down in case we want to watch a movie during the day she can lay in it. she loves it also so we are all happy ;-) ir is also in the corner at the foot of the bed so you don't feel like it is on top of you...

now if it is the room with 2 fold down beds that is a different story... i have not stayed in one but our friends did and the second fold down comes down right over the adult bed right over your head so it. hope this helps...

Awesome pictures! She looks very much like her sister, the Fantasy. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Will also be on the Elation November 15 (139 and counting). Sailed on her her first cruise out of Mobile (May 15) and had a great time. The ship is beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The only down side to the cruise was at embarkation...It was total mass confusion. Waited in line to get to the parking garage for over an hour, then waited again once we got inside (Herding folks like cattle)..... I hope the City of Mobile and Carnival have worked these problems out..................

Will also be on the Elation November 15 (139 and counting). Sailed on her her first cruise out of Mobile (May 15) and had a great time. The ship is beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The only down side to the cruise was at embarkation...It was total mass confusion. Waited in line to get to the parking garage for over an hour, then waited again once we got inside (Herding folks like cattle)..... I hope the City of Mobile and Carnival have worked these problems out..................

Fortunately, the May 15th cruise was an unusual event.

You had everyone trying to get on at the same time....instead of the folks trickling in over several hours as is usually the case.

Now Mobile's set up with parking is not the best...but you should have a better experience in November.

We were getting off the Fantasy May 15th....Carnival had to debark us before they could allow the Elation to debark the Repositioning cruise BEFORE they could EMBARK you folks.

We are headed back in August and expect it to be better....(we home)

On the elation i have read there is an adult pool and also read there is not one. What's the truth? Anyone know? by adult i mean topless.

There is NOT an adult topless pool. There is an area on the stern of the ship called the Adult Serenity Area which has two hot tubs and nice lounge chairs and is for adults only.

How many pools does the Elation have?

Two not counting hot tubs, but I never saw the aft pool open during our seven day cruise out of Mobile. The main pool is on the Lido Deck and the aft pool is on the Sports Deck. I believe that the aft pool will be replaced with the water park during the Elations next drydocking.

On the elation i have read there is an adult pool and also read there is not one. What's the truth? Anyone know? by adult i mean topless.

There used to be an adult "tops optional" sunbathing area near the ships funnel on all Fantasy Class ships.

152949512_Fantasy2006048.jpg.75b46c3d6b96cafe48d27a55766f15d5.jpg

We sailed the Elation on her first cruise after she arrived in Mobile from San Diego and loved the ship. I will try and post some photos later, but in the mean time let me know if you have any questions.

I was wondering if there is one or two "formal nights" also is there a deck party? Thanks

I was wondering if there is one or two "formal nights" also is there a deck party? Thanks

Two formal nights on a 7 day cruise; one formal night on a 4 or 5 day. Deck parties; yes, several during the cruise.

Beaming90...

we have had a room with the fold down bed each time we have sailed the last 2 years as we have a 12 yr old. and love it... they put it down at night and if we want they will put it up during the day... but we leave it down in case we want to watch a movie during the day she can lay in it. she loves it also so we are all happy ;-) ir is also in the corner at the foot of the bed so you don't feel like it is on top of you...

now if it is the room with 2 fold down beds that is a different story... i have not stayed in one but our friends did and the second fold down comes down right over the adult bed right over your head so it. hope this helps...

Thanks! I think it is just one fold down bed. But I don't know. My first cruise was a room with a window and the second with a balcony, so this is a new experience for me, but I can't wait.

I have seen several threads with references to "secret doors and places. Most sound pretty cool, out of the way places to sit and watch the ocean or steal a kiss;). Does anyone know of any on the Elation? Taking our first cruise on her in October.

Archived