Carnival Legend Rooms

wonderwoman451

Hello everyone!!

We are jsut about to book our first Carnival cuise. We sailed NCL Dawn last year. We are taking the Legend out of NYC.....we were wondering if anyone has any info about the 'extended balcony' rooms. Are they worth it? Does anyone have any pics of them? And is there anythign we should know before sailing with Carnival. ANYTHING you would like to share would be great!!

Thanks!

We just sailed the Legend last week and had an extended balcony. Some friends of ours had the regular balcony. The extended balcony is about 2 feet deeper than the regular balconies (50% wider), but both balconies have 2 chairs and a table. You could probably fit a lounge chair if you angled it on the extended. We booked an 8A guarantee and were upgraded but to be honest, I doubt that I would have actually paid much extra for the 2 feet of space. My DW likes to sit on the balcony and read and I like to lean on the railing and look at the ocean. We could have done the same thing even with less space. The room sizes themselves were exactly the same.

Some other friends of ours had one of the aft wrap around balconies. That was nice, but you'll be paying the big bucks then.:D

We had a wrap-around verandah on the Legend and our kids had a connecting aft cabin with an extended verandah. These have alot more space than a regular verandah. We loved the aft location because of the view at sea. We booked the same combination on the Pride this year.

I've never sailed NCL, so I can't compare. We're booked on the Legend this June in an extended balcony, but I don't know how much it's worth it. We got it because we wanted connecting staterooms with our other travelers. I hope this link still works, if not let me know...but it's got a lot of pictures of the Legend! Have a great trip!

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/view.php?uid=1198

Hey Wonderwoman! Anytime! I love that link. I saved it in my favorites so I could look at it.

You and I are on the same sailing. We're on the 6th too! We've got a roll call going, but not that many people have replied yet! :) A few really nice people have though. Getting excited!

We didn't find it noisy at all and we were by the elevators. Once or twice early morning we could hear a couple chairs scraping,no bid dea. The convenience of the closeness of the elevators and being so close to the lido food and beverages were a big plus.

Laura

Archived