Lobster in Blu on Solstice

logcabin

We are prepping to sail out on the Solstice on July 4th. We we are staying in an Aqua-Class stateroom. We are currently trying to decide what nights to make reservations for 2 of the Specialty Rests. What night on the 7-night Western Caribbean route do they offer Lobster in Blu. We want to make sure not to miss that night.

Thanks so much.

Lobster night is Friday night, the second formal night. We loved eating in Blu so much that after dining in one of the specialty restaurants one night, we canceled our reservation for any other SR in favor of eating in Blu.

It is served on during the second formal evening, which is usually day 6. IMO, lobster is not the best choice that evening. I had veal shank that night (the best meal I had all week), which was much more impressive than my wife's lobster dinner.

That just shows you how subjective this whole subject is. We had dinner in Tuscan Grill one night and were rushed through dinner even though the restaurant was at least half empty. (It was the night the ship was in San Juan.) It was after that that we decided to cancel our reservation in Murano and stick with Blu.

We may be in the minority; I have heard great things about Tuscan Grill, but our experience was not memorable (in a good way).

For us, two different sailings produced two great experiences in Tuscan Grille. Our oddity has been Murano difference on two sailings but we are booked for one of each for October, along with Blu as part of AQ cabin selections and can't wait to see how it all is. How bad can it be, really?:o

Tuscan Grille is great if you are a steak eater. Otherwise, you may be disappointed (as I was) On the otherhand, our meal in Murano's was one of our best dining experiences. We also loved Blu, with the exception of the desserts. I have read on other posts that you can request other desserts, like creme brule if you do so in advance. That's my plan for our cruise next week!

While Blu is nice, it does not compare to Tuscan Grill... in my opinion.

But you have to pay extra for Tuscan Grill....you don't for Blu as it's a perk for Aqua Class guests.....

We liked Tuscan Grill too....MUCH more than Murano's!!

We dined in Blu and loved it. We also tried all 3 specialty restaurants. Actully Silk Harvest was our favorite. We asked the waiters to chose our selections. They asked us food preferences and then brought us 4 small appetizers to share, 4 small entrees to share, and a few desserts. It was very delicious but more than we could eat. The service was outstanding. On our next cruise we will be dining in Blu again. But we plan on eating in Silk Harvest one night just for a change of pace. :)

I also enjoyed Bistro on Five on lunch.

The lobster in Blu was not your traditional lobster tail with drawn butter. It was in some sort of orange sauce. I didn't care for it. I kept wondering "where's the beef?" :)

Other than that, loved Blu -- all their meat dishes were great. The filet you could cut with a fork.

The lobster in Blu was not your traditional lobster tail with drawn butter. It was in some sort of orange sauce. I didn't care for it. I kept wondering "where's the beef?" :)

Other than that, loved Blu -- all their meat dishes were great. The filet you could cut with a fork.

It is a butter and oil mixture that is terrible.We requested just drawn butter but couldn't get it. The maitre D spoke with the chef and the answer we got was that is what the chef serves as drawn butter period.So much for getting what you request in Blu.:mad:

Archived