Glory to Legend, having second thoughts.

skings

Originally my sister and I were booked on Carnival Glory Western Itinerary. I am moving to the St Pete area next month so its more convenient to leave from Tampa. 11/28 cruise for both ships have great rates. I have never cruised on Spirit class there are some 4K rooms available on Legend which are the same rate paid for interior on Glory. We are both in our 60's, my Sis loves the slots, I like the pool area or finding a quiet nook to read. Would you change the Glory for Legend? :)

Are you booked ES, if so I dont think Id pay the $50 pp to change cruises... no cost and more convenience, sure Id change.

Carnival has me locked in on my ES rates, so I cant change ships or dates and Im having second thoughts now too.

I've been on both ships (Glory 3 times-for convenience) and loved them both. However, there's a lot to be said for the Spirit-class ships like the Legend. I would go ahead and do it, but you can't go wrong with either ship - IMHO.:)

I will be sailing on that same cruise. It will be my second time on the Legend. It has a great layout and you can walk front to back on each floor. It's not too big or too small. I also booked a 4K. For an extra 60 bucks we have a big window. Also, Tampa is a good port. Good luck.

Yes, we did book Early Saver, but we are adding up the price of traveling to Miami from St Pete and I think I am going to make the change while 4K is available, thanks for the feedback:) I too will miss the widescreen on Lido, never have been to Serenity but maybe next cruise.

I've never been on the Glory, but we loved the Legend. I'm 68, my husband 71. The Legend was a perfect size for us. You never feel like there is a crowd, it is a lovely ship. There are tons of Legend lovers on this board. The link below is my review of our trip. Our son cruised on the Glory and enjoy it, so I guess you have to just try BOTH ! LOL

Have a great time on whichever you decide.

:) Delta Dear, just read your review of Legend cruise. You have brought the experiences of that cruise to life. Thank you! My heart goes out to you to loose a child to breast cancer, we are supposed to go before our children.

Have been on both, we are back on the Legend this December. Love them both, great cruises each time. Whatever you decide, you'll have a great cruise, no regrets. There is no such thing as a bad cruise! Enjoy

I have sailed both the Glory and the Legend. I love both ships, but Legend is my favorite. The Legend is a little smaller than Glory and I have found the layout of the Legend is easier to navigate than Glory. Both ships had great service and great food. I live in the Tampa Bay area and I like the convenienceness of leaving from the Tampa port.

Archived