QV in Venice

maggie3

Hi

we were on the QV to Venice last Sept , ( fantastic- particularly sailing into and out of Venice ) and to my knowledge there is no free shuttle bus to Piazzale Roma provided by Cunard Last Sept there is a water bus to St Marks square provided by Cunard which was 20 dollars for all day . Some of my friends walked to to Piazzale Roma , about 20 mins and there is a city bus (/6?)which is not expensive from the port and taxis ofcourse. Therer is a people mover/ mono rail which i understand is now open but not sure if the cruise terminal stop is finished .The idea is that it will stop at the cruise terminal and runs to Piazzale Roma.Maybe others who have been to Venice recently can say if its working yet.

Venice is wonderful- enjoy your day !!

Hi

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, I tried to do some research but found no answers. However, can I ageee with Violetta58 about sailing into and out of Venice. I've been lucky to have done this myself and it is extraordinary and not to be missed. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The sun was setting on the last occasion I left Venice and the view from the deck was beyond words.

I thought that the QV was a lovely ship with a theatre that was better than many I've seen on land! The views ahead from the Commodore Club are unbeatable, the service I received was excellent in every respect, and she is an easy ship to find your way around (if you've not been on her before there are pictures of her interior via the link below).

Have a great time, sorry again that I couldn't answer your question, enjoy the QV and Venice, Bon Voyage!

When we disembark the Queen Victoria in Venice, is there a Cunard shuttle to Piazzale Roma? Is it free?

You will probably find that there's a shuttle bus operating to Piazzale Roma for the less able passengers. Assuming you're able-bodied, I have no idea if you'll be able to use it; my experience with the Pursers' Desk is that they give conflicting advice on the matter, but in practise you can just get on the bus with no questions asked.

Enjoy one of the most spectacular sails-in in the world.

Hi

Therer is a people mover/ mono rail which i understand is now open but not sure if the cruise terminal stop is finished .

This part of the people mover opened a week or so ago. It could still be a very long walk, depending on whereabouts within the cruise terminal the ship is berthed (the terminal is pretty enormous).

we cruised out of Venice two years ago.We walked to the boat!!!!. Coming back we found there was a free shuttle bus to the main bus stn although the queues were rather long. At the bus stn the bus seems to tuck it self away in the far corner away from the main stops.Worth having a look at buses that seem to be "resting".

Enjoy Venice, it was and is brill.

No, we are sailing on October 7 and looking for more cruisers too. We have made reservations with RomeinLimo and want to share our tours. We have a really slow roll call. We are coming up on final payment really soon, so hopefully it will pick up. This is our first cruise with Cunard and have not experienced slow roll calls like this.

Pam

Just back today, from the trip that included Venice.

We sailed all the way through Venice to the port, then swung round and sailed back past St Mark's for the second time, and tied up about 500 yards away from the square. Ideal location but not always guaranteed apparantly.

Stewart

Blimey Stewart, you beat me!

I am also just off QV today. The arrival in Venice was stunning and we were really close to St Marks Square. There were a lot of bridges to climb to get there and I swear they put more in for the way back - each time you staggered up another set of steps there was another ahead!

Sarah

BIGMAC and CAMGIRL, that is good news that the QV sometimes ties up that close to St. Mark's. Now, since our hotel is located near Piazzale Roma, we are hoping for advice about the most convenient way to get us and our luggage to our hotel from the pier near St. Mark's without breaking the bank--just in case!

BIGMAC and CAMGIRL, that is good news that the QV sometimes ties up that close to St. Mark's. Now, since our hotel is located near Piazzale Roma, we are hoping for advice about the most convenient way to get us and our luggage to our hotel from the pier near St. Mark's without breaking the bank--just in case!

Looking at BigMac's post, my guess is that they tied up near Arsenale, just east of San Marco; if so, the cheapest option is either Vaporetto (water bus) number 1 up the Grand Canal from Arsenale, or Vaporetto number 42 (going clockwise), again from Arsenale, which goes to P. le Roma via the Giudecca Canal. Cost 6.50 eu per person, plus they are entitled to charge for more than one item of luggage - sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. The number 42 is likely to be less crowded.

Most civilised option with a lot of luggage is a water taxi, but the charge will be a little eye-watering.

Mary

• 2 months later...

Archived