Dream Stateroom 2450

sallymomo

Has anyone ever been in stateroom 2450. We just got an email to upgrade to oceanview from interior and got stateroom 2450. When I looked at the deck plan, I noticed that its an odd shape room. Has anyone been in that room? What are the pros and cons? Does it have an obstructed view? It looks bigger than the other oceanviews. Does anyone or any website have pics of the room?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don't worry about the stairway. That stairway is for staff only, so the noise from it would only bother you if you're napping during the day. We are booked into a similar room on the Triumph, but it's a 1A there, and we wanted that room. 2450 on the Dream should have 2 picture windows instead of just 1. It is a 6A, so it would only have the one regular bathroom, instead of the 2 bathrooms like other oceanview rooms on the Dream. Other than the aft 6As, 2450 would be my pick as the best 6A on the ship. It may be bigger than the other 6As, and the view will not be obstructed.

Edited by k2excursion

Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease. We were given 2 options 2450 and 2456. I piced 2450 because it looked bigger. Although the lady on the phone said that both rooms were the same size. Also I thought I read someone that L-shaped rooms are usually handicapped equipped so I imagined that it would have to be roomy.

I would love it if someone had pics of that room. That would really help. I've tried searching online and had no luck

2450: 230 sq ft... and has a junior tub... I don't know what that is... no obstructed view... Cabin 2448 does have an obstructed view... but not yours!

2456 same room, same sq feet... but no tub listed... ??????

Edited by LambKnuckles

Again... I haven't cruised on the DREAM... and these are from the CONQUEST... But this is the L-shaped cabin 2465 on the CONQUEST...

On the CONQUEST, Cabin 2465 is the L shaped cabin that wraps around the crew stairs from Deck 2...

We had two windows and that was WONDERFUL...

Complaints... some vibration, but it didn't bother me... However, when we were in port and docked... when the engines turned off... WOW!!! Then it was quiet!!!

I would assume all aft cabins would share this, on Main or Riviera...

Here's the cabin: from the front door

conquest09first005.jpg

Rounding the corner...

conquest09first006.jpg

From in front of the closet

conquest09first008.jpg

Now the closets

conquest09first010.jpg

Walking in to the head

conquest09first012.jpg

And the counter

conquest09first013.jpg

2450: 230 sq ft... and has a junior tub... I don't know what that is... no obstructed view... Cabin 2448 does have an obstructed view... but not yours!

2456 same room, same sq feet... but no tub listed... ??????

Can u let me know where you got the above info from??

Thanks

Don't worry about the stairway. That stairway is for staff only, so the noise from it would only bother you if you're napping during the day.

Yes our was a staff only stairwell too and at night there was staff using it at all times. When the door slammed your teeth rattled.

I don't know...I keep hearing these mixed reviews about rooms wrapped around the stairwell. When I was booking this room, I told the lady on the phone that it ws around a staircase..and she goes...oh the noise from that won't bother you. Dont know if Dream has something sound proof around their rooms (since its a new ship)Or if she's just saying that to make a sale.

I don't know...I keep hearing these mixed reviews about rooms wrapped around the stairwell. When I was booking this room, I told the lady on the phone that it ws around a staircase..and she goes...oh the noise from that won't bother you. Dont know if Dream has something sound proof around their rooms (since its a new ship)Or if she's just saying that to make a sale.

There have been mixed reviews, but it seems that most people who had these kind of rooms loved them for the 2 windows and extra space, and they didn't hear much if any noise from that stairway or the door closing. The ones with the bad experiences seem to be the exception. They just got a tough break, probably just one or two workers that weren't being considerate, and hadn't yet been told to be quiet at night on those stairs. I felt our regular room shake on the Dream a few times when neighbors (fellow guests) came rolling in late at night and body-slammed their doors, so noise issues can happen no matter where you're booked. We're not too worried about it on the Triumph though, where we have the same type of room as yours. We're just going to enjoy the cool and unique room. Yours will be even better than ours, as yours is even bigger. I'm also wondering where people find such detail on specific rooms.

Have a great cruise!:)

It is a 6A, so it would only have the one regular bathroom, instead of the 2 bathrooms like other oceanview rooms on the Dream.

Dream cabins above 6A have two bathrooms???? Seems like a bit of a waste of space?

Edited by CRZCRAZY

Dream cabins above 6A have two bathrooms???? Seems like a bit of a waste of space?

Only with category 6, oceanviews. There are no 6Bs, 6Cs, etc. It goes straight to 6Ls, 6Ms, etc. There is a separate washrooms with a sink and junior tub. So it's considered 1.5 bathrooms. It does seem like it would cut into the space of the room, but some people like having the extra bathroom so that more than one can get ready at a time. Some of those rooms can hold 5! I don't think the Cloud 9 Spa oceanview rooms have the extra bathroom though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
Hello, I just booked this room on the Dream, cabin 2450 for Dec 2014. I have never tried one of these rooms. Some people say it has a bath tub. Is this true? And was it noisy?

We are going on the Dream Aug. 31 and have 2450-I will let you know.

the Deluxe outside cabins on the lower floors have a junior bathroom along with your regular bathroom. The set up is just like a regular balcony room, walk in closet on one side the bathroom on the opposite side. take a few more steps in and their is a second door on the same side as the bathroom. that is the junior bath. It has a sink and small/junior tub. Great if you have children. We don't so we used it like a luggage room :) The size of the rest of the cabin seemed the same

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

..on Breeze, Magic, and Dream. Best sized cabin we ever had including balconies. Bathroom vanity larger, two windows in cabin-we booked another cruise on Dream, getting the same cabin. Totally spoiled. Only negative is when they dock, but always up, so no problem with noise for about 3-4 minutes. This is a Carnival secret for a 6A, OV. Sorry, no pictures.

• 1 month later...

I stayed in 2485 on the Dream last year and it was a great room! I never heard any noise from the crew staircase at all. Looking at the deck plan, the staircase around 2450 is larger than then one around 2485, so that may make a difference? My cabin was a deluxe oceanview with the extra bathroom with a junior tub. The only noise I heard was entering or leaving a port-the vibrations and rattling of the room are VERY loud so no sleeping in when you arrive to an early port! The room was very large with 2 windows and I really liked it! I could sometimes hear some faint noise from the dining room above, but it did not disturb us. Look around the web for a website with cruise cabin pictures, too.

• 2 months later...