I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I was driving across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on Sunday evening on the way home from the Outlets and with a little luck, I timed it at just about right for Sunset. There was quite a bit of cloud cover but the sun peaked-out at just the right time. Picture taken with the iPhone 4.

CBB.jpg

Great photo! :D

A few more critters from me too. First, some from vacation last month:

Meercat on guard duty:

original.jpg

Silverback lowland gorilla:

original.jpg

And a few back home...out at my favorite wetlands birding area. The great blue herons are nesting now, and it was a good chance to try out my new 1.4x teleconverter:

original.jpg

A river otter grabbing some sun on the shore after a swim:

original.jpg

More fun with the teleconverter - closeup on a bathing blue-winged teal:

original.jpg

Bird lovers - can you identify these little guys? maybe native to the US or Caribbean, not one but a whole family, we noticed them everyday aboard the Oasis, mainly in the Central Park area.

Would you think that they have been introduced artificially to keep insects & pests to a minimum amongst all that greenery, or are they just hijackers of a perfect environment?

945.jpg

958.jpg

957.jpg

960.jpg

Edited by USTWORCREW

Bird lovers - can you identify these little guys? maybe native to the US or Caribbean, not one but a whole family, we noticed them everyday aboard the Oasis, mainly in the Central Park area.

Would you think that they have been introduced artificially to keep insects & pests to a minimum amongst all that greenery, or are they just hijackers of a perfect environment?

Interesting!

A little surprise this morning...

Snowfall courtesy of the tall trees and a breeze.

Dave

LOL. Welcome to the East! I don't believe we have seen a backyard snow fall photo from you before. :D

Justin, Great animal and bird shots. I still have to stop there in FL on a trip.

Larry

USTWORCREW - Not sure the name of the bird. We did B2B 14 day on Princess last fall. First saw a pair of them (slight difference so likley male and female) in Grenda, They stayed on board back up to Ft. Lauderdale and back down to Barbados 15 days.

Nice shots, just curious, what shutter speed did you use / aperture?

I was floating around 1/2 to 2 seconds on shutter speed. For aperture I was playing around f8-f22. I was also using a .9 neutral density filter on some of the shots. I also used AEB, auto exposure bracketing to add and subtract 1 stop of light.

I only wish I got to the falls before the sun burned out the top of the falls.

Lots of fun!

Jen- I too loved the Valentine's Candy shot. Keep them coming.

Zack - Very nice set, and thx for posting the EXIF data for those of us who would love to replicate your results.

I am still grappling with alot of what is capable with a camera, seeing things in completely new ways now. I continue to be amazed at how you guys turn something that can be so mundane, into wonders of creativity with just a little change in 'focus'.