A Dream worth waiting for: Dream review June 19, 2010 sailing

mom2girls

I am loving your review. The pictures are wonderful, it really helps me get a feel of what we have to look forward to in a few weeks when we are on the Dream.

Some Questions: The desserts at the coffee bar, are they free? Also do they have ice-cream, slushes or popcorn on the ship and are they free? I have heard this in a few places and just wanted to get my story straight when I tell my boys.

Also: At the beach in St Martin, could you rent chairs or any floaties?

Thanks and I can't wait to see the rest of your review.

I am loving your review. The pictures are wonderful, it really helps me get a feel of what we have to look forward to in a few weeks when we are on the Dream.

Some Questions: The desserts at the coffee bar, are they free? Also do they have ice-cream, slushes or popcorn on the ship and are they free? I have heard this in a few places and just wanted to get my story straight when I tell my boys.

I've been out of town for a couple of days. I'm hoping to finish the review tomorrow. Anyway, I will answer your questions now. The desserts at the coffee bar are not free. They do have ice cream machines in the buffet area of the dining room. Those are free. The slushees are not free. We did see some people with popcorn, but I'm not sure if there was a charge or not.

We did rent chairs when we were in St. Martin. I'm not sure if there were any floaties available. I hope that this info is helpful to you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Icees are $2.50 and popcorn is $1.50.

On to the last day of the cruise. :( I had promised the girls that they could get an air brush tattoo on the last day. So, here are some pictures of the tattoos: Dream365.jpg

Dream367.jpg

We didn't really do a whole lot since it was the last day. We hung out at the pool for a little while. Megan and I also participated in the last day of the team trivia game. We were happy that we got second place. We received medals for this achievement. It would have been nice if we had gotten first since we've never received a ship on a stick. But, of course we lived.

After the trivia game Emily was supposed to meet us in the theater for the Murder Mystery, but she forgot, and ended up sitting in the room for an hour. The Murder Mystery was entertaining, although you could tell the participants didn't really know their lines. I really liked that one of the participants was a member of the audience. He played his part to the hilt.

After the show, we went to the room to pack and get ready for dinner. I also took a couple of more pictures from our balcony.

Dream370.jpg

Dream371.jpg

What great memories for a lifetime you've made for your girls!!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful cruise.

I have a question.... I've noticed on a thread in the past some photos of

a high back love seat that looks like something out of "Alice in Wonderland"

and I can't seem to find the thread... but I'm wondering if you would know where that couch was located on the ship. I'd love to take some photos

on it. Hopefully, you may have seen it. Or I guess I'll have to go searching

through old threads and photos! lol

I've loved your review.

Debbie :)

What great memories for a lifetime you've made for your girls!!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful cruise.

I have a question.... I've noticed on a thread in the past some photos of

a high back love seat that looks like something out of "Alice in Wonderland"

and I can't seem to find the thread... but I'm wondering if you would know where that couch was located on the ship. I'd love to take some photos

on it. Hopefully, you may have seen it. Or I guess I'll have to go searching

through old threads and photos! lol

I've loved your review.

Debbie :)

It is on the Lido deck. You'll see it as soon as you enter from the pool area to go in for the front of the ship or take the elevator from the atrium and as you exit to go to the outside, this huge seat is just before you go out.

There are showers next to the jacuzzi's in the Serenity area. There are also showers next to the jacuzzi's on the lanai.

Thank you! I love to hop under the cold showers and cool off when laying out on the deck. I prefer a view of the sea...it's what I came for. I can lay out and look at a pool at home. :D

I have totally enjoyed your review. Sad it's almost over.

Your girls are adorable.

Believe me, it gets more crowded than that! In May, there wasn't one deck chair left, and it was literally shoulder to shoulder while standing in the pool.

Congrats on double digits!! Bon voyage! :)

ouch! Hopefully is won't be that bad in October. We usually sail in November to avoid the crowds...but we're sailing about a month earlier this year due to work schedules.

It is on the Lido deck. You'll see it as soon as you enter from the pool area to go in for the front of the ship or take the elevator from the atrium and as you exit to go to the outside, this huge seat is just before you go out.

Thanks for that!! I'm copy and pasting it to my notes this time so I don't forget!!

Debbie :D

• 2 months later...
On the Dream they only let you do one bag of laundry. Those bags are pretty small, so there was no way all the laundry would have been done. :)

ONE bag of laundry . . . say it ain't so . . . I usually do 3-4 in a week. Love platinum laundry service.

• 2 weeks later...
I am so glad I found this review. DH and I have until late next September, but this was awesome!! Thanks to you and your "models"

Thank you so much! I know I didn't really finish the review. Unfortunately, there were some unexpected things that happened this summer, and I never did get the time to finish it, but at least I did get most of it done.

Archived