A Dream worth waiting for: Dream review June 19, 2010 sailing

mom2girls

Dream167.jpg

Dream168.jpg

Dream171.jpg

Dream172.jpg

Dream173.jpg

Megan was still sleeping, so Emily and I went upstairs to get some breakfast. It was still relatively early, so the lines were not bad at all. After eating I ordered an omelet for Megan. She has difficulty getting up in the mornings, so I figured it would be easier to get her up if I brought breakfast to her as well.

St. Thomas is picturesque town. It was so beautiful. I couldn't stop taking pictures.

Dream178.jpg

Dream179.jpg

Dream180.jpg

Dream181.jpg

We had a tour booked with Godfrey. There were several of us from our group going on this tour. I picked the 11:00 time because I'm not all that big on shopping. We got to the area where we were to meet the tour guide early. I certainly didn't want to miss the tour.

We were in an open windowed bus. I tried to get pictures through the windows, but it was difficult. Godfrey had good drivers, so I felt safe the whole time. We did go up some pretty winding roads. And, it definitely was different driving on the other side of the road.

Dream184.jpg

The driver asked us if we wanted to go to Magen's beach of Coki beach. I had heard that Magen's beach is usually pretty crowded since there are many ships in port. 2 of them were the Dream and the Oasis. Someone had told us that there would be 8 ships in port. But, I only saw the Dream, Oasis, and Carnival Freedom. We arrived at Coki beach relatively early. But, it did get pretty crowded relatively quickly. It was a beautiful beach, but very small.

Dream192.jpg

Dream193.jpg

I had taken many other pictures, but for some reason I had the camera set on video instead of pictures. If I can change it, so that I can get the picture I'll post them. But, at this time I don't know how to do that.

Dream194.jpg

There's an iguana in the middle of the picture. It's hard to see unless you know it's there.

Dream195.jpg

Dream199.jpg

Great review. I do have a question....our girls are 13 and 10 and we wondered how safe you felt allowing your girls to travel around the ship together. I know that's a hot topic, but I would definitely be interested in YOUR opinion. Thanks.

Great review. I do have a question....our girls are 13 and 10 and we wondered how safe you felt allowing your girls to travel around the ship together. I know that's a hot topic, but I would definitely be interested in YOUR opinion. Thanks.

This was the girls' 6th cruise. They seemed to know the ship quicker than I did. I was very comfortable with them traveling around the ship. I did set certain times when we were to meet. A couple of times they heard me wrong, but it wasn't major. After the first time I told them if they were uncertain then they should wait for me in the cabin. Megan was actually with me this time. Emily went to a camp activity that Megan did not want to go to. So, I told Emily to meet us at the Encore Lounge where the Murder Mystery was being held. She misunderstood me, and thought that we would meet in the room first. I really didn't enjoy the show because I kept looking back for Emily. When we got to the room she was sitting on her bed very upset. I think she learned her lesson since she had a very boring hour waiting for us. And, of course she missed the show as well.

I'm sorry for the delay in returning to my review. I went to Cocoa Beach with a really good friend today. My boyfriend said he would watch the girls, so I jumped at the opportunity to have a girls day out. We did see a ship in port. I think it was the Pride. Does anyone know which ship was at Port Canaveral today?

I hope they did a better job with the murder mystery for your cruise.. two weeks previously, it looked like none had read the script at all.. Kind of made it detract a bit, and I found it confusing..

I hope they did a better job with the murder mystery for your cruise.. two weeks previously, it looked like none had read the script at all.. Kind of made it detract a bit, and I found it confusing..

Haha! They said this had been the first time they performed it. Yeah, they didn't really seem to know their scripts, but it wasn't too bad. The guy they picked from the audience did a GREAT job!

I had heard that Magen's beach is usually pretty crowded since there are many ships in port. 2 of them were the Dream and the Oasis. Someone had told us that there would be 8 ships in port. But, I only saw the Dream, Oasis, and Carnival Freedom.

I checked the schedule. There were not 8 ships in port, there was only 3. The Dream, Oasis, and Freedom.

I checked the schedule. There were not 8 ships in port, there was only 3. The Dream, Oasis, and Freedom.

That's what I figured! One of the workers at Port Canaveral was the person who told me. But, that's ok. We still had a wonderful time.

Haha! They said this had been the first time they performed it. Yeah, they didn't really seem to know their scripts, but it wasn't too bad. The guy they picked from the audience did a GREAT job!

Was it about the murder on the Big Island?

On with the review:

We really enjoyed our time at Coki Beach. It was quite beautiful. The water was cool at first, but it certainly was refreshing after sitting in the sun for a while. We were there about an hour and a half when we decided to get lunch. We went up to the stand to order. They offered to bring it to us at the beach, but we didn't want to get our food sandy so we sat at the table area. It seemed to take quite a while to make the food. I'm thinking we may have been the first hot food order of the day. I ordered fried shrimp, Megan ordered a hamburger, and Emily ordered chicken nuggets. We also all got drinks. The prices were quite steep. Our bill came to $41. The food wasn't bad though, and I'm sure it helped the owners out. While we were waiting there seemed to be an emergency on the beach. I heard a little girl screaming, and a bunch of people ran over. It seemed as though the girl's mother was having a seizure. We had two nurses with our group who stayed with the woman until paramedics came. I'm sure they were with her for at least 45 minutes. I was very surprised that it took so long for people to get there. I was shocked that they didn't bring a bag so that they could check her vitals. The woman was on the Carnival Freedom, so we never heard what happened to her. I'm not even sure if she made it back to her ship since her ship left two hours before ours did. The rest of our ship time didn't seem quite the same after this incident.

When we were picked up by our tour guide we were asked if we wanted to go shopping downtown or back to the port. We chose to go back to the port. This way we could go back to our room to take a shower. After our showers we went back to the port area to do a little shopping. There are quite a few stores in this area. We were quite happy with the souvenirs we bought here.

Thanks for your input. This is the second cruise for my DD and her girls, so she wants to let them have some freedom.

I have to say that the girls really enjoyed their freedom. I had never given it to them before, but I felt quite comfortable with the ship, and the fact the girls were older this time.

At some point during the St. Thomas day we took some pictures of the Atrium. The view was pretty cool, so I decided to take them.

Dream208.jpg

Dream209.jpg

When we got back to the ship after shopping I decided to relax for a while on the balcony until dinner. We were in U.S. territory, so I got caught up with people back home during this time as well. I watched the Freedom as she left port, and it was nice to see the sunset over the island of St. Thomas.

Dream215.jpg

Dream219.jpg

There definitely was an airport nearby because we were constantly seeing planes fly by.

Dream220.jpg

Night falls onto St. Thomas:

Dream221.jpg

Dream222.jpg

Dream223.jpg

Dream224.jpg

This was the night of the Pink Floyd/Rush laser show. So, we went to the Lido Deck around 7:30 to get a seat. The show wasn't until 8:00, but I wanted to make sure I could see everything. We had dinner at 8:15, so we only stayed at the show until about 8:20. I knew if we went to the later show we wouldn't be able to see the Dancing in the Streets show because there wouldn't be a seat. After dinner we did go to this show, and I have to say it was a wonderful show. The kids really seemed to enjoy it as well.

Of course we took pictures of our towel animal when we returned to our room for the night:

Dream231.jpg

We saw quite a few cats while we were at the beach in St. Thomas. I'm assuming that's why we received a cat this night. :)

Dream232.jpg

Dream233.jpg

Kellie-Ann, are you sure you were on this cruise too? I've only seen pictures of Megan and Emily and none of you!! lol :p
Hmmm, I was the one taking the pictures. LOL!

Seriously, how cute are your girls?!! :D

I just love their fancy dresses for formal night!

Great Review! and photos!

Debbie :)

Thank you so much! :)

Great job on the review so far, love all the pictures!

Looks like your room was always kept spotless, not sure ours ever looks that way!

If the girls had their way the room would be a mess. I always made sure that they put their things away when they were done with them. There is plenty of closet space, so it's not a problem. The bottom of one of the closets ended up being the space we put all of the dirty laundry. It worked out very well.

Archived