A Dream worth waiting for: Dream review June 19, 2010 sailing

mom2girls

We sailed on the Dream during Spring Break and are sailing her again on July 3rd. Question, I didn't do it last time but was wondering if they allowed you to drop off your carry on in your cabin before 1:30. we are taking the 10 a.m. shuttle and I don't want to carry my cosmetic bag around all day. Also, what nights were the deck parties? So excited to be going back to see some of the staff we became friends with.

Jill

I'm not sure which cruise will be my next cruise. But, I did buy a future cruise certificate. I really want to go on one with my boyfriend since he's never cruised before.

Great review so far, can't wait to see the rest! Are they selling future cruise certificates on the Dream finally? I don't know much about them, other than you get an OBC on the cruise you use it to book. Can you tell me more about it? What does it cost and when do you need to use it by?

I'm enjoying your review. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I sure wish we could have gone on this trip. But hopefully we will get on the Dream sometime soon. I love the eastern itinerary! I don't have a cruise booked right now but I really have the itch to get one planned. :)

Can't wait to see the rest of your pics and review.

~Jenn

As a fellow avid cruiser, would you share your thoughts with us on the cove balcony and would you cruise with a cove balcony again?

We have sailed balconies on Glory and Legend, Spirit to Alaska and we are trying a cove on the Dream in Sept for the eastern route, we want to try a cove and my gosh the price, via ES was amazing.

My boyfriend had never cruised before either and he is HOOKED now, best form of vacation for us! We love Carnival and sailing out of Port Canaveral and Tampa, such a short drive from home.

Great pictures of the ship!

We sailed on the Dream during Spring Break and are sailing her again on July 3rd. Question, I didn't do it last time but was wondering if they allowed you to drop off your carry on in your cabin before 1:30. we are taking the 10 a.m. shuttle and I don't want to carry my cosmetic bag around all day. Also, what nights were the deck parties? So excited to be going back to see some of the staff we became friends with.

Jill

I don't know if they will let you bring your carry on luggage to the staterooms early. I stayed near the pool until 1:30 with my things. I know there was a deck party the night we were in St. Martin. I'm not sure what other nights there were parties.

Great Review!

I'm looking forward to more.

I'll be cruising this itinerary next Jan 1!!

Debbie :D

Just loving your pictures and Review!! Can't wait to sail the Dream in September! Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Your girls are adorable.

Great pictures and great review! Thanks and keep it coming. We will be on the DREAM on Saturday!!:D

Thank you! :)

Great review so far, can't wait to see the rest! Are they selling future cruise certificates on the Dream finally? I don't know much about them, other than you get an OBC on the cruise you use it to book. Can you tell me more about it? What does it cost and when do you need to use it by?

Yes, they are selling the future cruise certificates on the Dream. They are $100/cabin. You can get up to $200 OBC depending on the length of the cruise you book. They are good for 5 years. If you don't use it in that amount of time you can get your money back. You don't have to book your cruise right away. You can book later if you're not sure which cruise you'd like to go on next.

I'm enjoying your review. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I sure wish we could have gone on this trip. But hopefully we will get on the Dream sometime soon. I love the eastern itinerary! I don't have a cruise booked right now but I really have the itch to get one planned. :)

~Jenn

Thank you so much! I wish you could have gone with us. :)

Great review. Corey and I were writing one but do not want to overwhelm anyone. Leaving Corey at Grandmom's for a Month. Peace at last.

Thanks! I'm sure you'll enjoy the time with Jeffrey. Why would you think you'd overwhelm anyone with a review?

As a fellow avid cruiser, would you share your thoughts with us on the cove balcony and would you cruise with a cove balcony again?

We have sailed balconies on Glory and Legend, Spirit to Alaska and we are trying a cove on the Dream in Sept for the eastern route, we want to try a cove and my gosh the price, via ES was amazing.

My boyfriend had never cruised before either and he is HOOKED now, best form of vacation for us! We love Carnival and sailing out of Port Canaveral and Tampa, such a short drive from home.

Great pictures of the ship!

I have to say that I LOVED the cove balcony. I would definitely book one again. The location of my room was wonderful. We were very near the stairs. This was convenient for dinner time since we only had to go up two flights of stairs. (We were seated on the upper part of the dining room.) I know some previous posters stated that they heard noises above them, but I didn't hear much. There may have been some moving around of things during the day, but it wasn't anything that bothered me. I slept like a baby every night.

Your reviews are always fabulous and this one is no exception! Thanks for taking the time to write them!! :)

Thank you! :)

~Jenn

Please post a review!!! That's how we pass the time until our turn to cruise. There are never hever too many reviews!!!!!

Jump right in!

After a wonderful day, we headed back to the room to prepare for dinner. We went a little early because we wanted to go to the comedy show that was scheduled before dinner. When we arrived back at the room we saw that we had a plate of canapés waiting for us. I had forgotten that this was one of the perks of having Platinum status. I really didn’t care much for them, but it was nice that we were thought of.

I have to say that it is a little difficult having 3 girls get ready at the same time. But, we managed. I did sit out on the balcony for a bit while the girls were taking their showers. The view was breathtaking as usual.

Dream121.jpg

Before the comedy show I ended up getting a drink at the bar in the Ocean Plaza. They were serving drinks $1 off for the Captain's reception.

Dream124.jpg

I think the girls were a little bored while we waited for the comedy show to begin.

Dream125.jpg

Dream126.jpg

The show was very good. The comedian was Mike Macy. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him again. I did end up going to the adult show the next night as well.

Of course, dinner was very good. Although, the service seemed to take forever. I made the excuse that since we were in the upper dining room it took a while for us to get the items requested.

I ordered the Lobster and the Prime Rib. (Normally one of my girls would order Prime Rib, but neither did. So, I had to order my own.) I know Emily ordered the Mahi -Mahi, I can't remember what Megan ordered. My appetizer was the Pumpkin Soup, and of course I had the chocolate melting cake for dessert. Megan ordered some kind of caramelized apple pastry thing that was VERY good. So, I'll be looking for that the next time we cruise.

Archived