A Dream worth waiting for: Dream review June 19, 2010 sailing

mom2girls

Emily and I woke up bright and early the next morning. We headed to the doctor's office which was on deck 0. It wasn't crowded at all, and we saw the doctor within about 5 minutes. The doctor said that she had swimmer's ear which didn't surprise me at all. He gave us an antibiotic, drops, and some children's tylenol. The total cost of the bill was about $145. My health insurance is covering a lot of it. But, our travel insurance will cover the rest. We then went back to the cabin so I could give Emily the medicine. The doctor said that Emily could go in the pool as long as she didn't go under water. This was a relief since we still had two days left on the ship. We spent the morning exploring, and hanging out in the sun.

Dream334.jpg

Dream335.jpg

As you can see, Emily was starting to feel much better.

Dream336.jpg

Dream337.jpg

Dream338.jpg

Dream339.jpg

We ended up having lunch on the lanai deck since they were having their bbq that day. I also found out that the sushi bar was turned into a salad bar during the day. When you walk up to the counter you tell the person what you want in your salad. He then mixes it up for you. I have to say that this was certainly a treat.

After lunch Emily wanted to go to Camp. Megan decided to stay with me. I was meeting Betsie later to play in the team trivia contest. So, Megan and I continued to explore the ship some more.

Dream340.jpg

The trivia contest was fun, Megan enjoyed pulling out the category, and rolling the die. She even picked a free roll at one point. She certainly was happy to contribute to the team. :)

After the trivia contest I decided to hang out on the lanai deck near the hot tubs. I was impressed with how much deck area was available here. I'm thinking that everyone who wanted some sun, must have been on Lido deck. It was very nice, and peaceful here.

It soon became time to go back to the cabin to get ready for the second elegant night. When we got back to the cabin this is what we saw waiting for us on the table:

Dream341.jpg

We were enjoying the perks of platinum status.

Emily and I woke up bright and early the next morning. We headed to the doctor's office which was on deck 0. It wasn't crowded at all, and we saw the doctor within about 5 minutes. The doctor said that she had swimmer's ear which didn't surprise me at all. He gave us an antibiotic, drops, and some children's tylenol. The total cost of the bill was about $145. My health insurance is covering a lot of it. But, our travel insurance will cover the rest. We then went back to the cabin so I could give Emily the medicine. The doctor said that Emily could go in the pool as long as she didn't go under water. This was a relief since we still had two days left on the ship. We spent the morning exploring, and hanging out in the sun.

Dream334.jpg

Dream335.jpg

As you can see, Emily was starting to feel much better.

Dream336.jpg

Dream337.jpg

Dream338.jpg

Dream339.jpg

We ended up having lunch on the lanai deck since they were having their bbq that day. I also found out that the sushi bar was turned into a salad bar during the day. When you walk up to the counter you tell the person what you want in your salad. He then mixes it up for you. I have to say that this was certainly a treat.

After lunch Emily wanted to go to Camp. Megan decided to stay with me. I was meeting Betsie later to play in the team trivia contest. So, Megan and I continued to explore the ship some more.

Glad to hear that Emily was still able to enjoy the water for the rest of the trip. If you don't mind me asking what trip insurance did you purchase? I'm researching insurance now and with all the different policies I'm not sure which one would be best.

Glad to hear that Emily was still able to enjoy the water for the rest of the trip. If you don't mind me asking what trip insurance did you purchase? I'm researching insurance now and with all the different policies I'm not sure which one would be best.

I used Access America. To find this company I looked at quotes from insuremytrip. I've used Access America my last 3 cruises. This is the first time I've needed to use it though.

Dang! The aft pool area looks crowded. Barely room to walk.

Do you know if there are showers for cooling off on the Serenity deck? I noticed them in your aft pool picture but don't remember seeing them on the serenity deck.

Thanks! Double digits tomorrow!

I used Access America. To find this company I looked at quotes from insuremytrip. I've used Access America my last 3 cruises. This is the first time I've needed to use it though.

Thanks Kelli Ann! That was actually one of the companies I was looking into!

Do you know if there are showers for cooling off on the Serenity deck? I noticed them in your aft pool picture but don't remember seeing them on the serenity deck.

There are showers next to the jacuzzi's in the Serenity area. There are also showers next to the jacuzzi's on the lanai.

Thanks Kelli Ann! That was actually one of the companies I was looking into!
I'm glad I could help! :)

I just have to bump up this thread hoping Mom2girls will continue with her review, it certainly brightens my day!

Susan

I'm sorry about not getting back to the review. Life's kind of catching up with me. But, I'll work on it again some tomorrow!

Believe me, it gets more crowded than that! In May, there wasn't one deck chair left, and it was literally shoulder to shoulder while standing in the pool.

Congrats on double digits!! Bon voyage! :)

Please come back and finish your review. I am really enjoying it.

Ok, I'm continuing with my review now.

Thursday was the second elegant night. So, we got ourselves ready with enough time for me to get a cocktail before the comedy show.

Dream343.jpg

Dream344.jpg

Dream345.jpg

Dream346.jpg

Megan and I went to the comedy show while Emily went to a Camp activity. I have to say that all the comedy shows we saw on the ship were very good. It sure is a treat to be able to see several shows in one week.

Dream347.jpg

I have to say the appetizers they had the second elegant night were all fantastic. They all looked so good, that I ordered two of them. I had the lobster bisque and the crab cake. Yummy! I'm thinking that this was the night that I had the ChateauBriand (sp?) as my main course, but I'm not positive.

Dream350.jpg

Dream351.jpgMadelyn really enjoyed the waiters dancing!

Dream352.jpg

Dream356.jpg

Dream353.jpg

After dinner we had the kids go to the theater to save us seats for the Motown Show. I know that many people enjoyed the Dancing in the Streets Show. But, I have to say this show was very good as well. It was nice to have the kids save seats for us so we didn't have to rush from dinner. But, we did end up on the second floor of the theater.

Dream358.jpg

Dream361.jpg

Dream362.jpg

We were pretty tired after the show, so we went back to the room to turn in for the night. I was starting to get bummed knowing that we were coming closer to the end of the cruise.

When we returned to the room we saw that our towel animal was an elephant. This is one of our favorite animals so of course we were thrilled.

Dream348.jpg

Emily accidentally knocked over the elephants head before we could get a picture with her. I couldn't put it back together the right way. :(

I am loving your review and wonderful photos!! We are neighbors, as we live in Orlando too. It's nice being within driving distance of so many ports, isn't it?

We have not done the Dream yet ourselves, but booked it for DH's parents' 50th anniversary in Sept., 2011, so I enjoy reading the reviews!!

Thanks again!

Archived